Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-08, 07:20

Plan: Ketogenic Diet Dr Westman
Stats: 267/243.6/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 20%
Smile Returning CADer here.

Good morning CADers.

I am a returning CADer. Several years ago I lost over 40 pounds on CAD. Through a series of unfortunate and stressful circumstances I returned to my bad eating habits and slowly put all the fat back on plus 30 more.

It's funny, in my head I don't see myself as obese. I don't see that I'm carrying an extra 100 pounds of fat on my body. I guess I just wasn't paying attention to me.

I've been playing at dieting for a couple of years now, a few days on Atkins, throw in some Weight Watchers and some Southbeach, never really committing to any of them and finding each of them to be a hassle.

So I have returned to CAD. I like it, I can live on it, I have lived on it in the past and enjoyed it. It's not like being on a diet. It's a way of life for me.

I've been eating the CAD way for two weeks now. I've lost 3.3 pounds. I've been exercising 3 to 6 days a week and have added in some strength training as well. My goal is 2 pound of fat loss per week.

The first time around I lost really slowly, 1/4 of a pound per week, so if I can manage 2 lbs a week I will be very happy.

I already feel better, my mood has improved, I'm not obsessing about food all day long and I feel thinner around the middle.

I look forward to interacting with everyone and sharing tips and recipes.

Dar

Here's to taking "lose weight" off of my to do list once and for all!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-08, 08:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 340/285/175 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 33%

Hi Dar! Nice to meet you! Your story is similar to mine! I had success with CAD quite a few years ago and eventually fell back into bad habits, did general low carb with limited success and finally came back to CAD.

This past year I've kind of drifted because I wasn't having the success I wanted but now I've cleaned up my menu and am doing CAD the way it is supposed to be done again!

I work out a lot and my exercise of choice is bike riding although with winter here now I'm stuck on the indoor bike. I'm also doing weights and try to add in some yoga or other stretching/relaxing type stuff, too. Can't do fitness walking till I get my knee fixed.

There aren't too many CADettes posting lately but join us in the Hangout thread as often as you can! Maybe we can get things rocking again!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-08, 09:23

Plan: CALP, CAD
Stats: 330/318/145 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 6%

Back in 1993 when I weighed a whopping 213 pounds, I did CAD, and I need to say that my reward meal was pure carb junk...........and I lost! I went down to around 189 with no difficulty. So my way of thinking is that if I eat according to CALP and have a balanced RM, I might just have found the answer to my weight problem. I lose pretty quick on Atkins, but can't endure for the long run, so CALP, here I come!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-08, 14:47
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

welcome- and glad you are here. Just for the record, we really try and have a YMMV kind of attitude here, but none of us think that eating all carbs - junk or not- for RM will work.
We are all here to be healthy, happy, and hopefully thinner too- and to help each other in a postive way.
Dar- the stuff you are already noticing made me a true believer in CALP! Glad you feel better already!
Sherbear- hope you like CAD/CALP this time too!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jan-07-08, 09:49

Plan: Ketogenic Diet Dr Westman
Stats: 267/243.6/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 20%

Hi Enomarb, Sherbear and Mamagiff,

Thanks for your welcome! I'll try to join you in the Hangout as much as I can. In fact I'll head there now.

Dar