Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-16-16, 17:17

Plan: LowCarb (Atkins, CAD)
Stats: 240/206/131 Female 170cm
BF:
Progress: 31%
Default The 2016 HIGH and LOW challenge for every month

Hello everybody.

I want to track my high and low for every month to come and
I invite you to join me in this.
This is not really meant to be a challenge or a competition,
It is more like a stats-thread and to keep a record for ourselves.

I am posting this in the challenges-board,
because that provides the possibility to edit.

I have been keeping track of my highs and lows in the daily weigher thread ,
but actually I think it might be better to have a separate place for this
rather than to clutter up the dailyweigherthread like I have done before
I also was part in Miss Arielles's "First-Challenge" (Thank you for that thread, great statistics)
and for me I have found that the first of every month (for me) is not always a good representative for the month,
as I fluctuate too much and using the first stresses me out on the 30th

So ... "high and low" it is for me.

So here is what I want to do, and invite you to join me in this

Rules:
  • insert your name in the list in two consecutive rows, for HIGH and LOW like you see above.
  • update as often as you like.
    If you have a new low, that you want to keep track of, come and update.
    If you have a new high, that you need to keep track of, come and update.
    But you can also, and that is completely acceptable, just update once a month...
  • just use PLAIN pounds. No comma, no decimals. You may use the number you can see on the scales.
    Yes, downgrade it. If you are 234.5 just use 234, even if you weigh in at 234.9 just use 234.
    That's motivational isn't it?
    The point behind this is: Six month from now, you won't care if you were dot-five or dot-three,
    you will just compare the numbers to get the big picture.
    And using the lower number as soon as the scales show it for the first time, is like:
  • use whatever font you like, but allow me to tidy up the list every now and then.
    If you feel offended by me cleaning up the list, then don't join.
    I absolutely don't mind if the list gets messed up every now and then,
    no big deal, don't worry about it. I just can't let it stay like that
    I will use the courier-font for the complete list as it makes lists easily readable.

Don't bother if you can't do formats. Just quote and insert your name and numbers.

If you can't find the |-character on your keyboard, you can copy it or just use something else, I will exchange it later.

### The list to quote and to add to will be in the next post. Here you can get a new and empty line to copy...
--------------- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----
myname--------- HIGH | jan | feb | mar | apr | may | jun | jul | aug | sep | oct | nov | dec |
myname--------- -LOW | jan | feb | mar | apr | may | jun | jul | aug | sep | oct | nov | dec |
--------------- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----
###

See you around

Gwabyn
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-16-16, 17:18

BF:

### start quoting the list here
ABY ----------- HIGH | 220 | 212 | mar | apr | may | jun | jul | aug | sep | oct | nov | dec |
ABY ----------- -LOW | 212 | 209 | mar | apr | may | jun | jul | aug | sep | oct | nov | dec |
myname--------- HIGH | jan | feb | mar | apr | may | jun | jul | aug | sep | oct | nov | dec |
myname--------- -LOW | jan | feb | mar | apr | may | jun | jul | aug | sep | oct | nov | dec |

- anybody is welcome at any time
- insert your name in two consecutive rows
- update as often as you like
- just use PLAIN pounds, no decimals
- don't worry about the format, somebody is going to fix it
- put all comments under the list for easier quotation
### end quoting here
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Feb-19-16, 05:31

BF:

ABY ----------- HIGH | 220 | 212 | mar | apr | may | jun | jul | aug | sep | oct | nov | dec |
ABY ----------- -LOW | 212 | 206 | mar | apr | may | jun | jul | aug | sep | oct | nov | dec |

### end quoting here

#4   ^
Old Fri, Feb-19-16, 09:07

Plan: Keto
Stats: 252/172/165 Female 69.25 inches
BF:
Progress: 92%

ABY ----------- -LOW | 212 | 206 | mar | apr | may | jun | jul | aug | sep | oct | nov | dec |
JESS----------- HIGH | 159 | 161 | mar | apr | may | jun | jul | aug | sep | oct | nov | dec |
JESS----------- -LOW | 150 | 153 | mar | apr | may | jun | jul | aug | sep | oct | nov | dec |

### end quoting here

I was working on maintaining and gaining muscle. This month and the next I'm trying to get the weight back down to 150. Then resume the muscle and maintaining efforts. There will be bouncy. That's what I do anymore.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Feb-19-16, 16:48

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessdamess
I was working on maintaining and gaining muscle. This month and the next I'm trying to get the weight back down to 150. Then resume the muscle and maintaining efforts.

Sounds great. That is motivating.
Gaining muscle is something I also need to do,
but right now, there is no leftover energy

Welcome to the statistics Jessdames.

#6   ^
Old Sat, Feb-20-16, 10:25

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 262.2/247.2/204 Female 5ft 1/2 inch
BF:
Progress: 26%

Aby, I think this is a pretty good idea! I'd jump right in but I'm kind of floundering around this month.. Just not sure I need another record of the weight I'm NOT losing... I'll think about it.
Just wanted to say, I thought it was a good idea..
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Feb-20-16, 12:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245/189/145 Female 5"4
BF:
Progress: 56%

JESS----------- HIGH | 159 | 161 | mar | apr | may | jun | jul | aug | sep | oct | nov | dec |
JESS----------- -LOW | 150 | 153 | mar | apr | may | jun | jul | aug | sep | oct | nov | dec |
Kirstin--------- HIGH | jan |214 | mar | apr | may | jun | jul | aug | sep | oct | nov | dec |
Kirstin--------- -LOW |jan | 207| mar | apr | may | jun | jul | aug | sep | oct | nov | dec |

### end quoting here

I usually track in kilos, but I think the loss looks better in pounds!
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Feb-20-16, 12:54

BF:

Hi Jody,
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatFreeMe
... Just not sure I need another record of the weight I'm NOT losing... I'll think about it.

I know exactly what you're talking about. ...
I tracked in 2015 and it was more than frustrating ...
but now I'm glad, that I have those numbers

But you're right. One place to track should be enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatFreeMe
Just wanted to say, I thought it was a good idea...
Thanks, Jody.

#9   ^
Old Sat, Feb-20-16, 13:02

BF:

Kirstin-------- HIGH | --- | 214 | mar | apr | may | jun | jul | aug | sep | oct | nov | dec |
Kirstin-------- -LOW | --- | 207 | mar | apr | may | jun | jul | aug | sep | oct | nov | dec |

### end quoting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffles
I usually track in kilos, but I think the loss looks better in pounds!

Hi Kirstin, welcome to the statistics.
Of course you could track in kg if you wish.
I agree that tracking pounds gives a lot more of the motivation, because it feels a lot more .
Can you switch your scales to show the "lbs" or are you doing the math yourself afterwards?

#10   ^
Old Tue, Feb-23-16, 12:09

BF:

Quote:
Hi Kirstin, welcome to the statistics.
Of course you could track in kg if you wish.
I agree that tracking pounds gives a lot more of the motivation, because it feels a lot more .
Can you switch your scales to show the "lbs" or are you doing the math yourself afterwards?

I was using a weight convertor site, my scales don't do pounds. I'm cool with doing that, because seeing my kilo/pound weight gives me a better sense of where other people are at.
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Mar-06-16, 22:00

BF:

Kirstin-------- HIGH | --- | 214 | 210 | apr | may | jun | jul | aug | sep | oct | nov | dec |
Kirstin-------- -LOW | --- | 207 | 205 | apr | may | jun | jul | aug | sep | oct | nov | dec |

### end quoting here