Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, May-25-02, 11:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 172/164/115
BF:33
Progress: 14%
Unhappy OCD, anxiety and medication

In a total stupid moment I decided to go off my medication to see if thats what is stopping any weight loss. What a bad idea ! I have OCD, and anxiety with resulting depression. Yeah my husbands a lucky guy This was all triggered with the birth of three wonderful boys and a resulting 60lb weight increase AFTER the third baby. I'm not happy. I'm going to start my medications again, its not fair to the boys , my husband, or myself. The amount of desperation I feel is horrible.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, May-25-02, 12:19

Plan: Atkins & Hypnosis
Stats: 229/229/150 Female 63 inches
BF:not a clue!
Progress: 0%
Smile postpartum depression

My depression was also triggered after my 3rd preganacy. My youngest is now 6, but it was only the past 2.5 years that I was on medication continuously, and I am sooooo much better today. I continued to gain weight while on medication, and now that I feel better emotionally I think I can finally beat the weight problem by following the lc lifestyle.

I am hearing more and more about postpartum depression, you would think that the doctors could come up with something to get the hormones back to normal sooner, so that mother's like us didn't have to suffer.

I think the best thing you can do for yourself is to stay on the medication, talk to a therapist, and stick to the LC lifestyle.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, May-25-02, 13:22

Plan: my own
Stats: 164/125/125 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 100%

hi.... I also suffer from OCD, and an anxiety disorder and depression. And I also am a soooooooooooper slow loser. But I am opting to stay on my meds, because it is the only time I have had any sort of quality of life. I couldn't be a mother to my 3 daughters or be livable with if I wasn't on them. Believe me, I have tried. It is a disaster. I would not advise going off meds without talking to your Dr first anytime... Did you say anything to your Doc?
Hey, when my limbs are numb, my bowels have given, and I am hyperventilating, all from a panic attack..... who can think of what is good for you to eat then?????
I would rather it took me ten years to lose this weight than be back in the hell I was in when I had to give my meds up (pregnancy).
We should stay in touch.... I am actually a pretty cheery person!(when medicated )
Doods.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, May-25-02, 15:19
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Default Hi

I'm in the same boat and recently because I lost my health insurance... can you say scattered brain?

Its very hard to set up your day and be positive when your mind goes unchecked. But I'm trying to find my way. I think I have a good start. I have been making a print out from my calander program and I try and write out a list of what I'm doing that day.
So far so good. But lots of goof ups. Welcome to life huh?
  #5   ^
Old Sat, May-25-02, 17:05

Stats: 172/164/115
BF:33
Progress: 14%
Default Thanks, so much!

Thanks ladys for taking some time and writing back. Sometimes it feels like I'm afloat all by myself, it was kind of you to share some of your feelings too. I'm going to meet with my doctor this week regarding medication changes. I was in a car accident in December (head on, young girl forgot what side of the road she was on ) and March (a young women drove out from a back alley and hit my driver side passenger door ) . So I have been in allot of pain, whiplash, TMJ and wrist for the first and my chest in the second. Was taking allot of pain killers for weeks, massage seems to be the only thing that helps. I pray that I can get things back on track soon, I turned 30 on the 5th, and didn't like what I saw in the mirror. Or mirrored in the faces of my family.Thanks so much for your replys.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, May-28-02, 11:09
Registered Member

Plan: Suzanne Somers
Stats: 146/133/130
BF:
Progress: 81%
Default Fear Not

Hi All, especially Doodle!

I can relate to the anxiety and panic attacks. I had my worst period of them about 10 years ago at night and could never get any sleep. I thought I was going nuts!! I can't say I'll ever recover from them, because out of the blue, they will be back.

Over the years I have learned self-hypnosis and just lil things that help me get through those periods. Just knowing what was going on with me helped. Swimming really relieves the stress. I pray a lot and find comfort in the Lord. During these times, we shall overcome
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jun-05-02, 22:08

Stats: 255/255/210
BF:
Progress: 0%

I would recommend talking to your doctor about Luvox. I have extreme OCD/Panic disorder and I've been on Luvox for almost 6 years. No side effects and works REALLY well in controlling OCD. I only take the bare dosage now.