Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Sweet treats
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Oct-28-10, 12:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 212/175/150 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 60%
Default Cream Cheese Muffins

I just made these for the first time yesterday and they are awsome. I added about 1/2c pumpkin, spices, and used 1/2c Ideal regular and 1/4c Ideal Brown, for the unsweetened pumpkin. I also used 3 small eggs. This is by far the best thing I have made in a long time. I will be making them again this week end. I had 2 for breakfast yesterday while still warm, and 2 today chilled. I have to say they are much better cold.
I think I will sprinkle some pecans in the bottom of a pie plate and bake this for Thanksgiving. Or maybe the nuts on top! Calls for some experimenting!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/l...se-muffins.html
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Oct-28-10, 12:42

Plan: GEN. LC
Stats: 224.4/214.6/190 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 28%

I looooove cream cheese muffins!!! I just did pumpkin the other day! Pretty good but not good enuf that I would sit down and eat all of them in one sitting.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Oct-28-10, 13:11

Stats: 212/175/150 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by PghLady74
I looooove cream cheese muffins!!! I just did pumpkin the other day! Pretty good but not good enuf that I would sit down and eat all of them in one sitting.

Mine are in danger!!!!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Oct-28-10, 14:05

Plan: Figuring it out
Stats: 366/282.2/166 Female 5'6"
BF:YEP/YEP/YEP
Progress: 42%

I make a batch of these practically every week. I sprinkle a bit of cinnamon on them before baking..and occasionally (usually when I'm PMSing) I'll sprinkle just a few sf choc chips in the batter.

YUM!

They are much better the next day after you make them when they are cold from being in the fridge.

Sometimes they are my breakfast..sometimes my evening snack ..I love them with a little shot of whipped cream on top and my cup of coffee. YUM!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Oct-29-10, 00:14
Registered Member

Plan: mine plan
Stats: 120/90/90 Female 160
BF:
Progress:

sounds good.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Oct-30-10, 07:53

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

Man, these look awesome. Perfect for today being chilly & overcast. Thanks!
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Oct-31-10, 08:50

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

Update:

Made these yesterday afternoon, ate one chilled after dinner last night, verdict: Marvy!

I sprinkled chopped pecans into the baking cups before adding the batter (which is quite thick, prepare to squoosh, or perhaps I should have thawed the cream cheese more) and got mini cheesecakes out of it.

Fantastic.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Oct-31-10, 08:59

Stats: 237.0/209.0/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 36%

I made these the other day, I added 2 heaping tbs of sour cream to my batter which thined it out some and IMHO made the muffins more creamy. I divided the batter and put lemon extract in half and in the other half I used pumpkin pie spice, fresh ground nutmeg and cinnamon. I did not have any pumpkin to use, however, I think that they tasted just like pumpkin cheesecake with just the spices.

Next time, maybe today, I am going to add PB & melted bakers choc for a Reece's type cheesecake. YUM

These are a keeper in my recipe box.
Rox
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Oct-31-10, 09:48

Plan: No Whites/No Grains
Stats: 275/250/165 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 23%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringamajig
I made these the other day, I added 2 heaping tbs of sour cream to my batter which thined it out some and IMHO made the muffins more creamy. I divided the batter and put lemon extract in half and in the other half I used pumpkin pie spice, fresh ground nutmeg and cinnamon. I did not have any pumpkin to use, however, I think that they tasted just like pumpkin cheesecake with just the spices.

Next time, maybe today, I am going to add PB & melted bakers choc for a Reece's type cheesecake. YUM

Rox

I add lemon juice as well to my recipe, 1/2 tsp for the entire batch. I find it makes it taste just like real cheesecake. I also use Stevita granular stevia instead of sweetener, about 1/2 tsp and it is just right, not too sweet or anything. It is great to be able to manipulate these recipes for excitement and variety, I am going to try that peanut butter. How would you go about adding that, how much and do you microwave it first to soften it?
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Nov-01-10, 09:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringamajig

Rox

Yummy...Those versions sound delicious!!!!!
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Nov-17-10, 15:10

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 168/160/145 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 35%

That sounds so good, will have to make these.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Nov-17-10, 15:26

Plan: Lowcarb/IF
Stats: 215/173.9/150 Female 5.5"
BF:
Progress: 63%

I made a batch pretty much as written (the original, what is it, 4 ingredient? version), lessened the sweetener a bit as I'm finding stuff is getting too sweet for me lately. They were very good, especially with about 1 tsp of Polaner SF raspberry preserves. (Put me in mind of the entenmann's raspberry danish.) Unfortunately I had the problem of reaching for them a little too often--just too convenient.
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Nov-19-10, 07:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne2
I made a batch pretty much as written (the original, what is it, 4 ingredient? version), lessened the sweetener a bit as I'm finding stuff is getting too sweet for me lately. They were very good, especially with about 1 tsp of Polaner SF raspberry preserves. (Put me in mind of the entenmann's raspberry danish.) Unfortunately I had the problem of reaching for them a little too often--just too convenient.

YUMMY aren't they! Yeah I cut back on the sweetner too as I'm finding stuff too sweet also..esp because I usually top it with shot of whipped cream or 1/2 tsp of Polaner SF strawberry preserves & a shot of whipped cream and that give it a little sweetness too. With my coffee in the morning---just YUMMMY! I think I might have to pick up some of the raspberry sf preserves and give that a try next time. YUMMM!

Portion control can be an issue some days but mostly I do OK with them fortunately.
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Nov-19-10, 19:59

Plan: my own thing
Stats: 350/269.0/199 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 54%

Made these tonight and they are delicious. I think i might try a savoury version as well. Thanks!
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Nov-19-10, 20:11

Stats: 237.0/209.0/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 36%

Quote:
Originally Posted by purcy55
I add lemon juice as well to my recipe, 1/2 tsp for the entire batch. I find it makes it taste just like real cheesecake. I also use Stevita granular stevia instead of sweetener, about 1/2 tsp and it is just right, not too sweet or anything. It is great to be able to manipulate these recipes for excitement and variety, I am going to try that peanut butter. How would you go about adding that, how much and do you microwave it first to soften it?

Sorry Purcy, just saw this thread come around again and saw your question. I have not made the PB Choc yet. When I do make it, I am going to take some heavy whipping cream or sour cream and mix it with like 4 TBS of PB and then add to the mix. I will use couple squares of bakers unsweet choc and melt with some HWC in the micro and will sweeten to taste, then I will swirl it in the batter in the muffin cups. I will post once I do this and let you all know what I thought.
Rox