Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#316   ^
Old Sun, Jan-30-22, 15:30

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hello All,

It has been a wonderfully quiet day here today. I'm down in the basement FR "watching football" with Rob, but I don't really care about it, I'm just keeping him company. I really only watch the Ravens. Plus, we'll be on a plane during the Super Bowl this year anyway.

I am dying of curiosity- I have a yeasted egg white "bread" in the oven. There have been tons of "egg white bread" recipes going around for several months, but a recipe creator that I really like (she is a trained pastry chef, gone keto) came up with a recipe after 17 tries that she really likes, and I could not resist. So, I'm giving it a shot and we'll see how it comes out.

Rob and I had a nice time with Chris and Emily last night, checking out the rehearsal dinner spot with them. We had a communal apps, dinner and dessert sharing- literally everything went around the circle so we could all taste everything. Emily has a lot of good family memories tied to this restaurant and it is one of her favorites, so I think we will hold it there. We are going on about 45-50 people for that. I tell ya, weddings are not cheap whether male or female. Well, they can be I'm sure depending, but for us they aren't. We are paying for the rehearsal dinner (obviously), the open bar at the wedding, and the honeymoon. Whoo hoo! We told them (as we told K and B) you get one big wedding, and hopefully that is it. But any further is all on you!

(Just checked on the bread- I realized I wanted to put a baking sheet under it so it wouldn't rise over and spill on to the oven floor. So far it looks and smells pretty amazing. Trying not to get my hopes up!)

•••••••••

Jaz- the shore in MD got a lot of snow too but being a Nor'easter, it was an ocean based storm, not an inland storm.

You will love listening to podcasts. I really enjoy them. That and Spotify are my go-tos. You'll have to let us know how you like Visible.

I'm glad you have another month to look but like you said, you will have to give lead-time to rent. Hopefully you can find a job you like soon and you land it!

Lori- Glad your scale went back down. Hooray!

So far I'm not seeing any snow this week in our forecast. Hopefully it will pass you by!

I bet you are tired with your BIL roaming around last night.

Hey Trig!
Sponsored Links
  #317   ^
Old Sun, Jan-30-22, 17:38

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

QUICKIE-

WHOOT WHOOT WHOOT GO BENGALS GO BENGALS WHOOT WHOOT LAST play in over time wins the game- WHOOT YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS WHOOT

NIC- You day sounds so nice( what do you mean you don't care about football?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

So fun with the wedding plans. I am so so so happy for you. glad you didn't get duped with snow.

How is the reset still going- wow on 7 pounds down!!!! WHOOT

Back tomorrow
  #318   ^
Old Sun, Jan-30-22, 18:15

BF:

Going very well- was down 8.2, last night's dinner put me up 1.8, today has been VERY low carb so hoping that will get me back on track.

Food today: collagen coffee, two seasoned and roasted chicken quarters (leg/thigh), and an Egglife wrap with turkey, my homemade avocado mayo and a little mustard. Lots of water.

This was my first time trying an Egglife wrap. I was super pleasantly surprised. I don't like eggs and HATE things that taste eggy so I did not expect to find it acceptable. My mind is full of possibilities.

I also made my first loaf of bread using egg white powder. It makes a gorgeous looking loaf. I'm also curious about how I will like this. The entire loaf is 5.4 net carbs, 20 total carbs. I'm going to try a few things with it and see what I think.

Football- I have been watching with Rob but mostly just keeping him company. I like football when my team is playing lol
  #319   ^
Old Mon, Jan-31-22, 05:38

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Boring post alert! Another day in my winter life......nothing going on. The highlight of my day will be a 1 mile trip to the post office and then a 1 mile trip back home. I'm giddy with anticipation.

I'm still looking at long range weather forecasts for FL and it looks like it will be decent. We may hit 70, but at least it's not calling for torrential rain at this point. Also I think the weather will be ok for our flight. 1 week to go!!

---------

Nic.....I'm anxious to hear about your new bread recipe! Let us know how it came out. Glad you had a nice quiet Sunday. Congrats on the drop on the scale!

Jaz.....Congrats to you on the scale drop too!! You're in the zone! I'm so glad your sinus/cold or whatever was short lived. Who needs that mess!?

Trig....Thinking of you and hope everything is going ok.

-------

The cat has finally gotten off of my lap so I can go get another cup of coffee. I'm so hungry this morning. I think it's going to be one of those days.
  #320   ^
Old Mon, Jan-31-22, 06:27

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco I love your new love of LC and recipes you are trying and finding some good tastes. You are back going strong! forget that scale as you know you need to do and focus on those carbs

Lori, ya had me laughing....that 1 mile big trip day for ya. It is SO cold, even that mile seems like alot of work HA

Jazz, how ya doing? I am kinda lost on your job search and moving plans and more. Sorry my mind is discombulated for sure lately. Not sure if I am coming or going, kinda like you some days on how you are trying to find your permanent spot to settle a bit

-----------hey guys, my head is foggy in that I got alot to do and my mind is going a million ways ya know.

So just handling each day as I need and all.

today is steak and another steak. simplest way to eat and not think about it and just keep on trucking forward.

be good all
  #321   ^
Old Mon, Jan-31-22, 09:18

BF:

Good Morning Ladies!

Lori- HAHAHHAH- boring post alert! So me yesterday! I did nothing yesterday except watch football. I am not even a football fan, except the Bengals were playing and the game was stellar.

I would be all happy you have your "company" gone and can relax as you wish!

Hey those days to putter are the best!

NIC- :whoot: You are ROCKIN the drops girl!!!!!!! I'm super impressed on the "bread". I want to know how you made it and the type of flour and of course how it tastes.

I have seen those "egg wraps" and they look so yucky I have not tried them. I have wondered how they taste. I Like the idea of gluten free too, plus they are not cheap. Do they "hold"? They even look flimsy. I was hoping one of you would report on those.

I love you are sharing some good stuff- I am seriously wanting some great LC recipes!
I eat truly so basic now. I am pushing the envelop to get my next drop too!!!!!!!!

Trig- - I know you have a zillion things and so much going on right now with your mom. Appts to make and a eminent move for her. Then there is the house and yada yada yada- Keep a notebook and pen handy. Sometimes I need that too when there are so many moving parts. I am pretty old school- I write crap down.

Yum on steak and more steak! Are you still losing?
-------------------------------------------------------------

Job update: Duke fell threw and I am back to applying to different things. I have widen my thoughts about a job. Thinking outside the box. I could be a manager somewhere.
I actually applied for 3 positions with Amazon. You won't believe this- they are hiring healthcare professionals. So That would be an amazing position.

But until I settle on something I continue looking, applying, and know that something will turn up. In the mean time I am enjoying the time and place I am in.

Yup- I am here through Feb. Then off to another venue! Have not decided where yet. Kicking around a few ideas. They would be Month long stays. Might travel back and try to see the kids as it will be spring!

I need to "patch" a wall today. My pup decided he wanted to try the baseboards here too! Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhh He has HIGH END FOOD but would rather eat wood.

I AM headed to the beach several times this week. It is supposed to warm up to 60- 70's all week! It will be 78 Wed. DEF on the beach!

Ok need to you tube how to patch a wall.

EDITED: Beach was awesome- the Jellyfish though are now littering the beach.

Food: Rotisseri chicken- done!

Last edited by Jaz66 : Mon, Jan-31-22 at 14:44.
  #322   ^
Old Mon, Jan-31-22, 19:58

BF:

Hey all-

Jaz- I think it is good that you are thinking outside the box and casting such a wide net. Certainly can't hurt. You are getting close to needing some kind of decision housing wise at least. My fingers are crossed that something really exciting comes along!

Trig- I imagine you are feeling so overwhelmed. Your Mom has been there for quite a long time now and even though I know you love her to pieces, I know it has to have been somewhat stressful as well. I really feel for you.

Lori- Yay for the weather looking better for Florida! That would be the icing on the LC cake!

••••••••••••

Okay so food updates:

The bread- looks pretty, not a win. I toasted a slice this morning and it was a big NO from me. Tossed it (although still heartily congratulating myself for such a pretty loaf! lol) I may try a similar recipe and see if I can hone things but if not, that's fine. I'm not planning on having store-bought Keto bread anytime soon. I don't like what is in most of it.

OTOH! The Egglife wraps are a huge win for me. The benefit- they have no flavor at all. They are very pliable and also sturdy. Apparently they crisp up really well but I haven't tried that yet. The cons- Only one that I can come up with offhand and that is that the texture is slightly spongy. Not too off putting (I tossed my bread for sponginess) but still, it is spongy the way egg white things can be. That being said, I am NOT a fan of eggs and I can tolerate these absolutely fine.

New discovery- I had heard there were Egglife wraps at Aldi in other flavors, so I went by today as it is in the same shopping center as the Costco, where I was already headed. Sure enough, they had the Everything Bagel flavor and the Southwest flavor, so I grabbed one of each.

I have had 2 Egglife wraps today. One was for my brunch, and I had a bacon and scrambled egg wrap with a little parmesan in the eggs. I ate that around 10:30 and it held me very well. I just ate again at 5. This time I had an Everything wrap with three slices of turkey in it, and about a TB of a new spread I picked up at Aldi, which is a cajun muffaletta cream cheese spread. OMG. This thing was OUTSTANDING. I am SUPER happy about finally getting up the guts to try this- I was so put off by the idea of an egglife wrap but these are absolute game changers for me. Those two very light meals have held me all day. I made tacos for Rob and sat down with a small amount of taco meat to keep him company, and I didn't even want it. Tossed it out.

Busy day today- played an hour of pickleball, three loads of laundry and changed the sheets, went to Aldi and Costco, went to the library to make some copies and pick up two books, and made two phone calls about things I had to do (accountant, canceling a pest control service.) Feeling very accomplished! Mondays tend to be good days.

Dh and I had a spat last night. Not a big one, but we seldom have any at all so we are always left feeling a little bruised and tender. Never fun when that happens. We are nearly 29 years married and 34 years together though, and spats will happen from time to time. We talked it out this evening and all is well.

Anyway, that's about it from here!
  #323   ^
Old Tue, Feb-01-22, 06:06

BF:

Good Morning!

Feeling good after a great night's sleep. 7 hours seems to be perfect for me. I can't lie.....I AM looking forward to 7 nights of longer sleep while I'm at Connie's and in FL. I have to start making a list of things I want to stock here at home for DH while I'm away. I think I'll make him a frozen lasagna this weekend and then he can have leftovers of that. He also wants some burgers made ahead of time so he can just warm them up. The end of this week is calling for snow/sleet/rain, so I have to plan when it'll be best to hit up the grocery store and meat market. I didn't make my post office run yesterday, so I'll do that today.

I did our taxes yesterday, so that is done. Love me some TurboTax. So easy and quick. I was missing one 1099 for DH's pension, but was able to look it up online so I could proceed. Show me the money! I'm going to change how much we have withheld as it's ridiculous to give the government so much money and then have them send it back.

----------

Nic....Sorry your bread loaf was a swing and a miss. The egg wraps sound like a hit though! I've never tried them or even looked for them at the store. I like the Mission Carb balance wraps and I also bought some Joseph's Lavash, which is ok. I think I'll make a flatbread pizza today with a sheet of the Lavash. Since I'm at my goal weight, I do allow a few more carbs....but try to keep to high fiber ones. I haven't been checking my blood sugar lately, but I guess I should do that periodically.

Jaz.....Never a dull moment for you girl! Now you're patching walls? Maybe this will be a new career path for you! Kidding! I know you have lots of decisions to make this month. Job....new apartment.....where? You'll get it sorted out, that much I know.

Trig....Thinking of you every day as you take care of Mom and get details ironed out. Take care of yourself too!

-------

We think Betty has a UTI. She finally told us yesterday that she has been having burning etc....for a week!!! DH immediately called her visiting nurse only to find out that she has tested positive for "C" and asked him to call the tele nurse line and get someone else to come. A Tech came and got a sample to take to the lab and she said we'd hear something yesterday afternoon...we didn't. If we don't hear anything by 10, we're calling again. I hope it hasn't progressed to something worse than a UTI and that antibiotics will clear it. After what is going on with DH's cousin, it is a scary situation. His cousin's husband called him on Sunday and said he had the machines disconnected last Thursday. It is only a matter of days now. So sad.

Today will be spent trying to get Betty's issue sorted out and running any errands that pop up.

Happy February!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Tue, Feb-01-22 at 06:34.
  #324   ^
Old Tue, Feb-01-22, 07:05

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori so sorry for that medical stuff with the cousins issues! It is very sad. Matter of time...ugh.
I hope Betty gets what she needs and all comes out easy!

I know you and Sis are needing FL bad even if cooler weather ya know it will beat what ya got going down now.

So no 1 mile trip yesterday? LOL I wouldn't go out in the cold unless I HAD to also HA

your no on tax refund is my yes. funny how both go different. I love getting a big azz check back cause I use them as a savings acct kinda, money I won't just spend out there and I know I won't save LOL I know I will be having to pay since hubby is self employed and I bank money for our taxes, but if I play it right I usually don't have to pay hardly nothing.....but no darn big check back anymore, key for me now on taxes is just owe damn near nothing. So far it is working out good on that, hope this year is good too.

Nicco....yea the hubby spat. Me and the Chop rarely have them but when we do we go big and loud and it is over in like 10....and then in 11 mins. we are chatting back full speed. I thik for us we have 'to get it out' both sides ya know and then we know where we stand and done. We never grudge each other ever....we just let it go but damn I hate that 'tension' when it goes down LOL Sounds like you and hubby got it easy on spats also cool

You are back in the game finding good LC options to suit you!! That is what it takes....finding those easy fast foods that fit our life, LC, and work for us and you are definitely going at it and working it well!

Jaz, sorry that fell thru but good thing is you got fires on the stove all burning and something great will hit.

Just always pick an area and job that suits you....no need to compromise too much, life is short, best live the best ya can the younger you still are LOL

doggie eating baseboards.....yea, I had mine as a pup under the dining room table and I thought so cute he 'hangs out there' til I realized he was eating one of the chair legs HAHA PIA to the max sometimes they are

Rotiss chicken is so good and convenient. Luckily our Ingles here does racks of ribs, and pork loin and chicken parts and more....I have to say they can keep a carnivore happy actually

-------------brain dead a bit guys.
will shoot ya'll and email on it...not worth typing it all out here.
ugh

I am doing LION DIET for Feb.
BEEF only. Done deal....well not just beef. Rums only. Lamb would be in on that and goat of course and bison and more but in the bitter end, the damn old cow is my easiest choice and cheapest choice to purchase. So will focus on beef only this month. Will watch salt intake, I am SO heavy handed but am making a smart choice to shake less....time to walk that crutch down a little bit

Plus with the BS around me knowing I do beef each day is SO simple and it suits me right now.

OK away we go.....
  #325   ^
Old Tue, Feb-01-22, 08:41

BF:

Good Morning ladies!

Look at you all up and posting!!!!!!!! (Going in order so I don't forget! ) HAHA

NIC- I am DEF going to try those egglife wraps. I was really unsure and I HATE spongy eggs. But if they don't have much of a taste and really do WRAP stuff with no flour, sugar, carbs- I might have to try a package! I really do miss a good wrap ya know.

I am already thinking a ham wrap, turkey wrap, and just make it good! Thanks for explain more. I will head to Aldies tomorrow. You like that cream cheese spread? Wow those sounded SO SO yummy! Did you have fresh turkey or deli turkey?

Are you down more on the scales? It amazes me how fast you drop. I SWEAT to get an oz off!

I know on those spats. They never feel good! But like Trig said every now and again the air needs cleared. But then after a storm comes rainbows and blue skies! All good.

You Monday was very productive. Do you have any "kids" at home? When are you heading back to the "Love Shack"?

Lori- urghhhhh fingers crossed that Betty feels better. I wish she had a live in nurse or care taker (besides you and DH). It is what it is I guess.

I know you are ready to head out and get some sun, sand, and rum! Oh yeah!!!!!!! I should come to chaperon!!!! Make sure you ladies are well taken care of! HAHA

Trig- - I know you are under a huge stress with the amount of "life" going on right now. One day at a time.

I love the idea of Beef/ Feb. Talk about pure detox! I fell asleep listening to a you tube video of this guy that had a ton of crap wrong and went on a total elimination diet and he healed. LOVE it!
I just am shocked how $$$$$$$ beef is!
Oh well- food is medicine ya know.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Yup- got a rotisserie chicken yesterday and lit into very primal! HAHAHAHAHAHA- tossed a few pieces to the pup and very little left.
Lost another pound.
I am down to my low in several years. I was here a few weeks ago and bounce up 3. Has taken me 3 weeks to bounce down!

Anyway- I am so on FIRE to keep it this side of the line and bounce down.

I got my beach walk in yesterday and the beach was littered with jelly fish. It was not pleasant. They come out in Feb and Oct. I also notice a thin layer of POLLEN on my car. Totally explains the sinus and slightly sore throat.

YUP- wall is fixed. Sand paper, plaster, and paint. Good as new! I was really stressed as this is not my home! All good now, and fixed under 10 bucks! This pup needs to keep his teeth in his mouth! I can't wait for the chewing to stop! He is so frekin cute though!

So today is a total buckle down and git it done day! I need to really put nose to grind!

Taxes- yup got mine done Sunday and just got both emails they went through. Thank you Turbo Tax! Getting a nice return back!

I am going to hit up store tomorrow and pick up those egglife wraps and more ground beef. I am keeping it simple. I have left over chicken (not much) and a pack of ground beef for "smash" burgers.Yum and yum.

I will have to say I got the hamburger thing perfect. I may not cook pork well but these burger patties! Oh yeah. I form them into flat patties ahead of time and stack them with parchment paper in-between and store them until I just take them out and slap them on a red hot pan. I do use a tbs of salsa and that is that.

Ok- gotta get busy!
  #326   ^
Old Tue, Feb-01-22, 14:23

BF:

Good morning, well, afternoon, friends!

Lori, definitely hoping for some nice warm weather and nice long sleeps for you in Florida. You would benefit from both!

Poor Betty. I hope she gets what she needs health wise. I wish she had told you all sooner!

Trig, yeah our bickering, when we have it, can be more loud or brash. This was a different kind of 'fight' but we resolved it last night over dinner and all is well.

What do you mean by Rums? Ruminators?

Jaz- I hope you like them if you try them (the egglife wraps)- I like the Everything flavor a lot.

Well done hitting your low. Stay on that side of the line!

My Berner puppy from back when ate the wall- just snacked away on the drywall. Puppy years are hard!

•••••••••••••

All is well here. Made a monthly goal and weekly goal plan to get things started off right. I used to do those regularly and moved away from it, but I'm back on track with that.

For meals today I've had coffee so far, and then for lunch I had 1.5 Everything egglife wraps with turkey, some of the cream cheese giardiniera spread from Aldi and then I put some additional giardiniera on top that I got from Costco. Very flavorful wrap! If you all are familiar with Muffuletta from New Orleans then you know the olive topping I am talking about. I have the other half hanging around if I get hungry.

For dinner I am doing shrimp two ways: part cold with homemade LC cocktail sauce and part with an Alfredo sauce. Both should be delicious!

Down a pound from yesterday so clearly the egglife wraps are good for my weight loss and not causing any issues. I didn't think they would given they are almost solely egg whites.

Knocking out the to-do list today. My movement was cleaning the two upstairs bathrooms and the master bedroom. I may try to get a ten minute walk in as well. Other than that, I hit the other things on my to-do list except I still need to go to the Chiro at 4 and change the battery in the door lock.

I have been cold all day. This house is so much colder than the DE house when the thermostat is at the same temperature. Poorly insulated and the roof in the FR is too high.

OH. Crappy news. My mom went to the orthopedist today and apparently she needs a total shoulder replacement. Scheduled for three weeks from now so I am guessing I will be ATL bound again in a few weeks. She and her Dh do a terrible job of taking care of themselves and/or helping each other. Man, this season is hitting fast and hard. Very grateful, given how far my parents live, that my kids are not dependent on me any more.
  #327   ^
Old Wed, Feb-02-22, 05:35

BF:

Good Morning!

Getting ready to watch the Groundhog make his prediction....he better say early Spring!! I'm about ready to lose it here.

I thought about going to the grocery store today, but there is nothing we really need. If I go, I'll just spend a bunch of $$ on "stuff". I'll go this weekend and get DH stocked up. I want to make a trip to Aldi again when I get back from vacation. I've been seeing lots of good stuff that people have been finding for both LC & low calorie eating. No sense in buying it now when I'm going away.

DH got Betty her antibiotics, so she's hopefully going to get over the UTI in short order. I need to go up and change her bedding this weekend before I head to FL. I have a bunch of stuff on my chore list to get done before I take off.

Just hanging out again today. Workout, shower & that's it unless something blows up......you never know!

#328   ^
Old Wed, Feb-02-22, 10:01

BF:

Whoot Whoot Lori on getting this trip in sights!
When do you leave? I know you can't wait! Got your clothes laid out? I always ALWAYS pack too much. I end up wearing the same outfits over and over- still true here!!!!!!

Glad Betty got some ABX. make sure she drinks water!

NIC- I am SO SO SO going to Aldies either today or tomorrow. It is supposed to rain tomorrow so I might make the trip. There is a store in Brunswick.
Yeah on the pound down! How many is that for you, 15?

UGHHHHHHH on have to TRAVEL back to ATL. That is so exhausting. Maybe you can get your mom into a rehab instead??? I know you are less than thrilled. At least you aren't having to deal with your dad as well!

I will let you know about those egglife. Do you use deli meat? You know I have been thinking about a ham and cheese with cracked mustard for weeks. I just let it go! Salt and bread and cheese! A total weight loss stall!

Hopefully it will warm up soon!

Trig-- Hey I am thinking it might warm up enough you could get in a 30 minute walk! It does the soul a world of good! I am going to try to get out and walk as well!

How is your beef going? Thought of you yesterday, I just had beef patties. I was going to have sautéed mushroom and onion with but got lazy and just topped them with salsa. I had 2 thin burgers and needed nothing else.

Heres to you having a great day!
--------------------------------------------------------------
Well I am one tired gal! You are going to laugh when I tell you why!

About 2:30 me and pup got woken up by the armadillo in the ducts. We had this issue about a week ago and the owner closed up the opening under the house. Well, I think she closed it up with the critter still here!

Well last night there was no sleep as this critter was scratching to get out! Of course Rugar ran the length of the house following the ducts ALL night! I slept a little about 7- 930. I feel half my day is gone!

Down another pound. shhhhhhhhhhhhh not telling the scales want it to continue to drop! can't wait to get to a new "range". My shorts I had on yesterday literally fell off during a walk.

Gotta run- and get more coffee and be productive!
  #329   ^
Old Wed, Feb-02-22, 11:22

BF:

on way to get egg wraps- - and Muffilita spread, getting turkey too.

Beef and skipping dairy.

yum!

EDITED: No Aldies in Brunswick- would require a trip to Pooler. That would be ok except it started raining and I was tired and just went to Publix and looked for the Egglife- nope sold out.

SCORE: Pot roast chuck 3 pounds for tomorrow, score- 5 pounds ground Angus beef, Score 2 pounds shrimp deviled and ready!!!!!!
Picked up a few extras - Marina sauce for shrimp, eggs, onions, and carrots/onions/celery for pot roast taste tomorrow.

Picked up some sparkling water and "lite" wine. Want to make deviled eggs tomorrow, picked up entire pickle jar, and more garlic powder. 200.00 out the door?!?!?!?!?!?!? Dam! Oh well....... should last me a minute. My pooch is eating me out of meat. he will ONLY eat his kibble with beef on it!

I have tried pet fresh, expensive crap, all of it.
Not has to be TINY BITE with beef. FRESH just cooked BEEF for his dinner. SPOILED.

Got nothing done today. No Dear John letters- perk!
Tomorrow I hope I get more done! MIND MUSH.

NEED sleep.

Last edited by Jaz66 : Wed, Feb-02-22 at 15:51.
  #330   ^
Old Wed, Feb-02-22, 19:48

BF:

Hi all

Quick hello!

Trying a new low carb recipe for a bread.. the recipe has been around for over 5 years with many people raving over it, so I figured what the heck. I'm really enjoying experimenting right now and doing some baking and stuff, just for kicks. A fun winter activity.

EDIT- Update on the bread: flavor is pretty good, will see how it toasts tomorrow. I didn't get a good proof or rise so I will probably try it again and keep experimenting. As long as it is fun, why not? I have all the ingredients anyway!

I made a keto cracker recipe that I have made once before, a long time ago. I wouldn't say they are that crisp, but the taste is very good. These are made with almond flour. The entire recipe serves four, but they are, IMO, quite rich, and for me they will serve at least six, I think. The same recipe I believe can be baked differently for more like a pita effect.

Today for food I have had: my collagen coffee, then around 2 I had half a can of tuna with my homemade mayo and about five 'crackers.' For dinner a hamburger patty with my homemade mayo plus six shrimp with LC cocktail sauce.

I just took my blood sugar and ketones out of curiosity (8:30 PM) and my blood sugar is 88 and my ketones are a whopping 2.1. I've never seen that before!

Good day today- Pickleball for an hour, and a walk with a friend for a good 45 minutes plus more time for visiting. Just a good day all the way around.

Jaz- did you get the Egglife wraps? The Everything flavor? Did you try them?
whoops- just saw that you had updated that you had not. Man your pup is a lucky dog getting fresh cooked beef on the daily! Groceries are so expensive these days- ridiculous.

Armadillo in the ducts?? I cannot even begin to imagine this!! OMG!
YAY for another pound down!!

Lori, well you did not get your groundhog wish. UGH!! Stinks!
I'm glad Betty got her antibiotics. Hopefully she will be feeling well very soon. UTIs are very uncomfortable!

Trig, hope you are hanging in there Hon. xoxo