Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#256   ^
Old Tue, Jan-18-22, 06:44

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Another day of staying in. I decided to put off running errands until tomorrow when it's going to be a bit warmer. Well, I do have to go to Betty's late this afternoon for the lawyer meeting, but that'll be it for me today.

---------

Jaz......Safe travels today. I'll be happy to see your post later that says you are home safe & sound. I hope the Raleigh position works out for you. It sounds like it could be a fit.....hard decision, I'm sure.

Trig.....I don't think we heard from you yesterday? Hope all is well and that you came thru the storm ok.

Nic.....Hope things are going ok.

---------

I'm going to try not to eat the house down today. This cold weather makes me SO hungry!

Have good days!
Sponsored Links
  #257   ^
Old Tue, Jan-18-22, 08:37

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Jaz- I'm excited for you, that you have a job possibility in the works. Great area to be in, IMO, with Duke right there, there are a good number of cultural opportunities, people are nice, and it is pretty central to a lot in NC.

I know exactly the blanket you are talking about at Costco. My friend has two of them and they are amazingly soft.

Lori- Wow, that is a good bit of snow you all got. I'm with you, prefer not to shovel at this stage. Heck, when I mop I feel the burn.

Trig- Hope all is very well with you and yours.

••••••••••

Getting Gene discharged today at 11.

Bro Richard and I will get him home and then get them both settled. My Mom has a PT appointment at noon that we will be hanging out with and watching as well.

We will go to her ATL condo either today or tomorrow. That should be a sh!tshow. We also need to discuss finances with her. She hasn't done too well with that and funds are relatively low.

Not much else to add. Ready to get the hell outta dodge!

Oh- Gene's eldest son is coming into town, which is good. We are going to have dinner with him tomorrow night after he gets here and settled, and debrief over the two old folks.
  #258   ^
Old Tue, Jan-18-22, 09:30

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Sorry Nicco on the life BS that you are being dealt but damn we all hit it don't we?

------------------fast one guys
I got crazy shit doing on dealing with mom and retirement home and kid being a PIA and I JUST feel SO LOW ya know.

Low is ok, I see it will deal but in the end, it boils down to too much crap on me right now HAHA

chat up later, be good all
  #259   ^
Old Wed, Jan-19-22, 05:50

BF:

Good Morning!

Looking forward to a sunny, warmer day today. So sad to be excited at the possibility of 40 degrees! Still lots of ice underfoot, so I'm being ultra careful. I'm sort of like Bambi on ice...klutz! I need to hit the laundromat for Betty, grocery store & meat market. I'll have most of that done by Noon. I should wait till this afternoon since it'll be warmer then, but when I have stuff to do, I like to get it done in the morning.

--------

Nic......Glad to hear that Gene's son is coming and getting involved. Hope he helps in navigating his Dad's care going forward. I know you're itching to head back home. Long drive for you though.

Trig.....I know you're dealing with all manner of "stuff" too. Just tackle one thing at a time.

Jaz.....Are you all settled back in the cottage? What about the Armadillos? Did they get them out?

---------

Just enjoying my coffee before I brave the elements and get my running around done. Hoping to avoid most people by going early. It appears that cases of "C" are going down around here. I truly think we're going to start coming out of this in the next few months. I watch a YouTube Dr. from England every day and he keeps track of numbers in different countries. He does a good job of explaining things. It will be what it will be. I just want to go to Florida and soak up some sun in 3 weeks!!

Have a good one!
  #260   ^
Old Wed, Jan-19-22, 07:31

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Goodness- I wrote a "book last night and walked away and forgot to hit send!

NIC- I know you are counting down the hours! Did you get done what you had hoped to get done? Are you driving back? Do you think you are going to drive straight though?
Hugs your way!!!!!

LORI- - I hear ya on wanting some sunshine and sand! Nothing better!!!!!! - It's coming soon for you! Hopefully it warms up in your area!!!!
I have to hit up the grocery too!

TRIG- - I know you are super busy with mom and her needs. Take one day at a time. Here for ya!!!!! Hugs your way too!
----------------------------------------------------------
I hate when I lose a post. But......moving on.

Lost 2 more pounds. Fingers crossed I can stay out of the bounce house. hahaha

Lots of small stuff to do today, but those small things end up being a time suck.

Going to hit up the beach today- I need a recharge! Going to hit 65 and sunshine today. That is first priority. I got a new phone and need to get the number transferred to new phone.
Have to hit up the grocery.

I made a TO DO list- HAHA

Feel good today.

Be well all!!!!!
  #261   ^
Old Wed, Jan-19-22, 08:15

BF:

Lori ya had me laughing about Bambi on ice. I am so the same here and when I go down, I do not bounce back up like when younger!! I am being super careful just like you.

funny how we yell WEE on the 40s.....haha....we are hitting into 52 like and I am so thrilled it is crazy.....but....

got another snow storm coming this weekend....kill me now and I am sure what we get is coming to you next

Jaz, new phone, down 2, got a list to tackle...DAMN girl you are doing good!!

Nicco, I know you are IN IT right now, post when ya can and sending great vibes all crap settles on the easy side for you.

----------------yea I got just 'too much darn junk' to handle here and it is getting on my last nerve but I am trying to say let it go, let it go and the darn snow here shuts down the entire state literally, so it is like nothing moves at all....ya can't get anything handled in fast form, LOL, I am a fast get'er done person and I have 0 patience but the snow is testing my patience right now

NY Strips and steak and doing london broil on grill tonight for family so got the meat to eat. Got shrimp and chicken too so I am covered.

All ok here, just discombulated for sure...ugh. I am in that brain fog dead kinda zone in a way which I know you guys know what that is all about So just trying to let it go, let it go and just 'be cool' thru it. best I can do!
  #262   ^
Old Wed, Jan-19-22, 16:50

BF:

TRIG- You still got snow on the ground??????.....
I know you got a load of stuff to get done you are right, down here nothing happens fast snow or no snow. It's the south. Southern time!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAH

Yup- life gotta let it roll.

-------------------------------------
You know it seems that every time I turn around I am reading something online that is a Covid related death. I am SO SO over COVID!
I have to wonder how these kids (my grandkids) are going to process this all. They will grow up to think pandemics are part of the normal!

Yup- We have another front blowing in Friday/ Sat- and get rain and freezing rain. So glad I made it to the beach today! Ruger had such a fun time on the beach. It was deserted so he was off leash and had pure joy!
I collected a bag of shells- some biggies!!!!!! I also found a sweet piece of driftwood I brought back. Love it.

I got most of what I needed done. Tomorrow is another day!
Yup- got a new phone. The one I have is so so so old. I also am going with a killer new plan. Unlimited EVERYTHING 25 bucks a month, it uses the Verzion towers.

Going to prop up feet and chill....

have a great evening
  #263   ^
Old Thu, Jan-20-22, 07:19

BF:

Good Morning!

Low key day today. Yesterday I did all my running around, plus made fruit salad for DH & Betty's chip dip. Between the grocery store & meat market I spent $200. Good grief. I did buy some extra stuff since I try not to go to the grocery store more than once a week. I bought a rack of baby back ribs at the meat market since DH said he's hungry for them. I also bought quite a bit of stuff for Betty at the grocery store. It all adds up.

I'll do some laundry today and making pan fried haddock for dinner. Easy day. I also have to get an exercise video in since I took the day off yesterday. I counted all my running around yesterday as exercise.

Tomorrow we're going to have a meeting with our financial guy. My pension is payable on my birthday next month, so we're going to sign all the papers etc to have it moved. Then we'll be deciding how to invest it safely, but hopefully it can earn a bit. Decisions, decisions. It's a good problem to have, I guess.

----------

Well, Gabby wants me to hold her, so have to move my laptop. I'll be back to check on you all later.
  #264   ^
Old Thu, Jan-20-22, 09:20

BF:

Good Morning!

Lori- I tell ya, 200.00 now at the grocery is about normal! I spend about 160's and then OMG if you need paper products or cleaning supplies!

I just don't "buy it" it is a supply chain issue. Truly I think it's a greed thing. Inflation is a real thing! No need for it! urghhhhhhh

It's a putter day for me too, after my interview. I am still trying to get to this video you sent!!!!!

Yum on those ribs!

Nic- You should be on the road about now!!!!! Godspeed and save travels. I know you will need a day or two to recoup! Thoughts your way!

Trig- - How are things up your way? Kiddo back in school? You have been sorta quiet.......... Are you still dealing with all the mom stuff? How is that process going?
---------------------------------------------------------------
I applied to about 10 more jobs this morning all before 10 am!!! YEAH! It was that Indeed quick apply. LOVE that.

I have a zoom interview with Duke this afternoon. I expect that to go well. I need to truly decide if this is the route to finally put down, or go for a few months and try it? I am so wishy washy on this -

Yesterday was just a great day. The beach, and sunshine and a ton of walking just did me good! Recharged my mood, and energy! I collected a huge bag of BIG shells and a cool piece of driftwood.

I have a stuffed refrigerator now that I hit up the store yesterday. Full of LC goodies.

Sun is out now- with clouds moving in later this evening and tomorrow an all day rain. So I just want to say this blanket I got at Costco is so soft and fuzzy I am actually sleeping better. Love the fuzzy blanket. I feel like Linus now! HAHAHAHAH

Ok all need to charge up this laptop!

Back after the interview
I
  #265   ^
Old Thu, Jan-20-22, 16:22

BF:

Lori I want those ribs please HA

sounds like you are getting alot done. fast mover like all of us on this thread

Yea financial stuff is the pits but sure has to be handled!! I know one thing with my mom hitting all this 'long term OLD age stuff' and YOU know with Betty, more money ya got to take care of you in good form down that road is a biggie key good thing in life.....ugh....I tell ya, financial stuff is annoying to the hilt but SO darn important.

Jazz, SO COOL on all the job stuff

GET THIS....kid has been off ALL week cause of 4 inches of snow. Yup tomorrow is online learn too cause 'possible black ice' thru the rain today and cold temps and I also think they are experimenting on their 'online when we need it' in the year in winter too.....1 week all over 4 inches of snow? When I lived up North we had to have at least 2 ft before they even thought of cancelling school HAHA but NC is ill equipped to handle it so I get it.

Just remember, jobs are great but you are a beach lover and any job keeping you in a location you love is a good thing but of course chatting money like I did with Lori, WE ALL KNOW money in the bank is key also as we age so.....you got decisions too

SCREAM on the grocery store, shoot me please as we all are saying....getting outrageous truly! Don't get me started...ugh

Nicco....I know you got your hands FULL so chat when ya can!

-------------------I did a ton of things today.
Doing mom's household and mine and I got crap happening all around me. Bite me ya know HAHA Drove to moms to check house, mail this and that and just tiring. SO over it all

country pork ribs and some leftover chiciken wings
zc going well

kinda don't focus on food anymore right now, no damn time it seems to worry about it which kinda is good I think LOL

cooking WAY too much. Kid home all wk wanting food and mom food all the time and making sure hubby has some kind of something when coming home from work and it is all freakin' food and it is on my last nerve but....one keeps going

be good all
  #266   ^
Old Thu, Jan-20-22, 17:48

BF:

TRIG- I so get all the food wants!!!! Can you make ONE dinner and put it out and there it is.......... Making multiple for all is just overwhelming! ONE meal- eat it or make own! I'm a hard are on that!!!!
(I say that as I make ground beef for my fur baby!) hahahahah

NIC- are you still on road? Wondering where in process you are! Be safe.

Lori- Are you going to get this nasty weather too? Is all still a GO for Florida?
---------------------------------------------------------
Had two interviews today.

The one from Duke lasted over an hour- but I did not get the warm and fuzzies from the Director!- I truly don't know. I sent the thank you notes and now I just wait.

The other lasted less than 5 min. She ask me is I lived in MD and I said no- and she said she forgot to put that in the ad. It is a 13 week assignment and they offer no travel - so I said thanks but no thanks.

The entire day has been job hunt/ and related. Taking tomorrow to write, and hunker as we have heavy rain all day moving in tonight!

Ok- off to prop up feet. -
  #267   ^
Old Thu, Jan-20-22, 18:40

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey all-

Quick check in. Was trying to drive through from south of ATL to DE. house and nearly made it, but it started snowing and temps are below freezing. I made it 10.5 hours and had an hour and a half to go. I am out in BFE on the coast of Virginia somewhere.

I'll finish it up tomorrow. Will be glad to get to a space that is mine and see my dh again. My brain is mush.
  #268   ^
Old Fri, Jan-21-22, 05:42

BF:

Good Morning!

Thanks for checking in Nic. Good idea to stop when you hit the snow & cold. Have a safe trip home this morning. I know you're ready to be back in your own nest.

Jaz....Yes, the trip to FL is still a go. I told DSis that I was going even if she decided not to. She said "Just try to get on a plane without me!"

Trig.....You sure do have a lot going on. I think I saw this morning that you're getting more snow or other crap this weekend. Will this Winter ever end?

--------

I'm just hanging out for a few hours this morning before doing my workout and getting a shower. Our meeting is at 1 o'clock, so have plenty of time to get ready.

Yesterday I went and helped Betty wash her hair. That was a first! She & her Mother had a beauty shop in the house for 50 years, so there are still the chairs and sinks etc. She wasn't able to lean back far enough to get her head in the "notch" of the sink and I sort of flooded the place, but I cleaned it up. Her hair is SO long. It must reach nearly to her waist, but is thin. It really should be cut, but she likes to wind it up in a bun, so she wants to keep it long. Anyway, she doesn't have to wash it too often, but I'll be helping her with it going forward. She can do it herself, but it is difficult for her. I ordered an inflatable extension for the rinsing sink so I don't cause a flood again. She'll be able to stay more upright and I think it'll be easier.

That's it from here. Have good days!
  #269   ^
Old Fri, Jan-21-22, 06:57

BF:

Good Morning

Lori- - wow I didn't picture Betty with waist long hair! Very cool she has the shampoo bowels in her house! Very cool! I used to cut hair back in the day. Sorta miss it, but I am way out of practice. I can do a bob and that is about it.

Very nice of you to help her in that! I know she really appreciates you.

HAHAHAH- on sis following you to plane! Is she meeting you at your house then you fly together?
Tell me again what part of FL your going to. My brain has not yet had a full cup of coffee.......... HAHAHAH

NIC- So happy you stopped even though I know it must have been temping to knock off that 90 min. SMART GIRL!!!!! Safe travels and I am so glad you are headed home!
Thanks for checking in!!!!!

Trig- waiting for updates! How are you doing?
--------------------------------------------------------------
I have hit the job hunt HARD the last two days and giving myself permission to relax and write today!

Rained all night and going to rain all day and drop the temps. I am in and hunkered down, except to take out pooch.

Nothing on schedule today and I love it!!!!

Might try that stretch video you sent me Lori! HAHAHAH

Have a great and safe day!!!
  #270   ^
Old Fri, Jan-21-22, 07:17

BF:

Lori, yea the washing of the hair ain't fun but mom's is short bob cut and super thin lately.....she was good til about 8 mos ago she is thinning out so much more. Waist long hair for Betty and a bun....yea I can picture it

I know Sis ain't letting ya go without her, heck if her seat is empty I will take it and go with ya HAHA

Jaz, will be interesting to see where your job hunt lands you.
You got alot of feelers out.....you are gonna have some decisions and options to consider for sure.
Yea we got icky weather happening too. sucks rocks HA

Nicco.....smart to stop. Not worth it especially when your mind is mush ya know. You handled alot, time for you to decompress before ya gotta think about all this again for future movement to help the whole situation.

-----------got errands to run.
kinda busy doing this and that. been not doing alot of chores and now it is like, gotta clean that, do this, vacuum that and dust here and there....kill me HAHA

dreary day, waiting on some form of winter crap to come but not thinking it will be bad.

Steak and pork chops today, keeping food very very simple.
yum

chat up later and be good ya'll