Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#241   ^
Old Sat, Jan-15-22, 05:08

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

10* this morning.....woohoo! Colder tomorrow. Why on earth do I live in such a God forsaken place? So thankful for a warm(ish) home and plenty of food.

I didn't do my laundry yesterday, so that is today's project. I think today will be a rest day from workouts. I like to take 1 day a week off.

Our dinner last night was so good. Shrimp cocktail & the best Filets! Turkey tenderloin tonight.

-------

Nic....So glad to read that things are coming together and that you had some downtime yesterday. Hope your brother gets there without incident.

Trig....Did you and Mom get your laundry done? I'm sure she's happy to pitch in with the folding duty! Hope you don't get too much snow. They have downgraded us to 3-5 inches of snow and then rain/sleet. Ugh.

Jaz....Armadillos under the porch?!! Does Ruger go after them? I can't imagine coming face to face with a hissing Armadillo!

--------

That's it from here. I'm just staying in and puttering around the house. I probably won't go out until Tuesday when we have a meeting up at Betty's. DH can pick up any odds and ends that we may need at the grocery. I think we're pretty well stocked up.

Take care all.
Sponsored Links
  #242   ^
Old Sat, Jan-15-22, 05:42

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Early Morning!

Lori- OMG girl do you ever sleep! You are here and posted and it's not even 6:30 am yet!!!!!!

Yes the armadillos hiss- and Ruger does want to chase them! Not a fun time. I think the owner is going to get rid of them this weekend. They are rampant down here though. They are the possum of the south.

Travel day today- heading out soon. Going to finish my coffee and toss clothes in a bag and out the door. Going to try to beat the storm. I am so so so hoping my doctors office does not close Monday morning 8am due to weather. I called 3 times to make sure. It is the reason I am going.

I will be in Atlanta until Tue morning early and head back here.
I am staying at my mom's for the trip. She has been ok last couple trips. But then again- I don't stay but a couple days as that is out limit. Plus I think with her health declining she doesn't seem to have the want to constantly bicker, which is a good thing. It's just sad it took that.

I am going to see an old friend while I am there too, she is taking me out for my birthday tomorrow. She told me to pick the place. I need to think of a place that is spaced out and more open. It's going to be cold so outside might not be an option. Although some places have heated porches.

Ok- gotta run!!!!!! check in on the other side of this trip
  #243   ^
Old Sat, Jan-15-22, 06:56

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Checking in! Thrilled to report that my brother is on the plane from Iowa and winging his way to ATL. He will be here a little after 9 this morning and is staying until early Thursday, when we will both leave. Yay! They got a snow storm that had us both worried that his flight wouldn't happen.

I got back LATE to the hotel yesterday- after 9 PM. I was damn tired. Got some stuff done. My Mom is a hot mess, I gotta tell you guys, and the shoulder pain is only a part of it. I started to type out more but in the interest of privacy, stopped and deleted. Maybe I'll get an email out about it in the next couple of days. I'll just say that there has been a complete and utter abdication of adult responsibilities, and knowingly. She has some real messes that will have to be cleaned up.

In good news, I got Gene's discharge arranged for Tuesday morning. If Monday were not a holiday it would have been on Monday. I tried to leave it to his son (he has 3) but his calls were being ignored by the social worker for two days. So I waited there for an hour and a half until a social worker would come and see me, and we got it arranged. So that's good. I won't tell him yet bc I don't want him to get too excited, too soon. He frets as old people do and he'd get hung up on it.

I'm guessing Bro and I will go to Mom's and start tossing stuff etc. We plan to go to her ATL condo as well on this trip. I can only imagine what we will find there.

Lori- Sounds very cold over there. I've been enjoying T-shirt weather in ATL, in the mid 50s. I don't think we will get much of what is predicted weather wise tomorrow as we are south of the city. I hope they keep downgrading your storm.

Jaz- Safe travels and enjoy your time with your friend and hopefully even with your Mom. Fingers crossed on your Dr appt. I really sounds like it is more of an issue in the north part- is that where you are headed?

Hiya Trig! Hope all is well with Mom. Have you been over to her new place again with her? Does she say much about it?
  #244   ^
Old Sat, Jan-15-22, 07:47

BF:

Sitting here laughing at Gabby.....I just refilled her catnip toys with "Colorado Kitty Pot" and she is gazing at me with a vacant expression. She is sitting in my laundry basket at the moment. I took it upstairs and dumped the clean clothes out and she hopped in and wanted a ride downstairs...she has been sitting in it ever since and now she is stoned.
  #245   ^
Old Sat, Jan-15-22, 14:38

BF:

Here- Traffic was really bad- no issues though- just slow and bumper to bumper. Then I stopped at the store to get some food I can eat rather than processed crap.

Back in a bit
  #246   ^
Old Sun, Jan-16-22, 06:20

BF:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAZ!!!

Enjoy your day!
  #247   ^
Old Sun, Jan-16-22, 07:25

BF:

Good Morning!

Another day at home. Snow starting at around 4 this afternoon...2-5" and then ice/rain. I'm feeling lucky to be healthy & secure in my home.

We had a call from DH's cousin's husband last night. DH's cousin is in bad shape. She is in the hospital with sepsis and on a ventilator. She is 69 years old. She and DH kind of grew up together although they live about 2 hours away. This all started with her having a UTI, with no symptoms until the sepsis infection took hold. The Dr. told her husband that he is seeing a lot of UTI cases without the traditional symptoms. She has had several mini-strokes as a result of the bacteria affecting her heart valves. It doesn't sound good. Her husband is not in great health either. He is a bad diabetic, overweight and is just recovering from leg ulcers. He had a surgery on them a few weeks ago. He says that they are healing well, I hope he's right. We haven't been particularly close to them in the past few years, but there is a family tie complication that I won't go in to right now, but it could impact our lives big time if/when there is a death. I feel like we've been living a charmed life and it is going to come crashing down. One day at a time.

----------

Trig.....What is your weather forecast? It doesn't look good for NC. Be safe!

Jaz.....Have a great birthday! I hope you and Mom have a nice visit.

Nic.....Thinking of you....((Hugs))

-----------

DH is out running around this frigid (3*) morning. The Rec Authority is opening the ice rink today, so he'll be there to start a fire in the fire pit and make sure everything is going well. He loves having "stuff" to do. Me.....I'm happy to be staying home!

Have to do a workout today after yesterday's rest day. That's it for me.
  #248   ^
Old Sun, Jan-16-22, 07:30

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori loved reading your cat stoned story I used to love giving catnip to our kitties also!! Too funny!

Jaz, Happy Birthday! Have a fun day with Ruger!! I bet you treat him great today vs. him treating you great for your bday HAHA

Nicco....omg I SO feel for you girl! I know. Believe me I get it. I am SO in the middle of so much going down, ain't pretty and it sounds like you are finding out alot of not good stuff about the whole picture.....just breathe thru it ya know. There are final solutions to all of it, just take your time and walk it all in the right path is best ya can do!

--------SNOW...omg we got like 3 inches already. It is gonna be way more than 6 inches for sure. I am already SO OVER it, me and hubby shoveled the back porch and now I am going outside to shovel a 'path on the yard' for the damn dog. He is so short he can't 'do snow crapping' HAHA so I have to push he a circle path out there so he has somewhere to handle pee and poo....yea and ya wonder why I hate snow here LOL

Kid is loving it. Alot of areas are sleet/rain happening and wrecks are all over but my area is all snow. BIG snow and fast. OK I have to get over it cause my friggin' snow anxiety is kicking in now, lol and NO ONE wants to go feed Lollipop of course so I will be doing that one down at the barn. No one here cares a flyin' furball about Lollipop, I keep the darn thing alive, omg HA

so ready for power outage, no issue there truly. I got genny's, I got power, I got propane fireplace heat not depend on elecytricity at all, I got full rv with everything running, I got a pool for water to flush toilets and I got both bath tubs filled with water if we lose power to flush toilets easily, propane tanks for BBQ grill and full kitchen use in rv......and so on HAHA
SO weather never gives that issue for us, I just hate the darn stuff to my very core

OK enough snow talk

steak for me later. family is doing sausage and pancakes in a bit. Hubby wants fish fry. Got flounder filets. Fancy beer batter and spicy crumb fish mix so hubby and kid can do their fish fry later when they want. I don't know if I am even gonna bother cooking me a plain filet. I am just not a fishy gal ever so it doesn't thrill me but I got a leftover mini meatloaf and 2 big chicken wings to eat as second meal when they do their fish fry.

fish fry is giving me anxiety too.....they are going to destroy the kitchen. Yea US women can do it right, hubby and kid are gonna use every single plate, bowl, spoon etc in the kitchen to fry some fish filets LOL I of course am the dishwasher so I ain't thrilled over it, but heck, I guess this fish fry is their fun time.

ok crazy day going down here

be good all
  #249   ^
Old Sun, Jan-16-22, 07:41

BF:

Good Morning!!!!!

Thank you Lori! - I feel every bit 56 and... in a way not a day over 30.
Hunker down it's coming your way!!!!
Getting your kitty stoned huh?!?!?!?!? Wish they had cap nip for puppies. hahahahah

NIC- I am thrilled your bro is here with you helping out. You and I are experiencing the storm this morning. I am more north than where you are. I am in Dacula- north or Lawrenceville. So I am NE Atlanta. The wind is just howling and we have sleet and freezing rain right now.

[QUOTE]"I'll just say that there has been a complete and utter abdication of adult responsibilities, and knowingly.[/QUOTE]- goodness I am at a loss for words. I am happy again your bro can also see what is going on.
Just know you can LEAVE. We all make our own path and own troubles. I think it sucks to think someone is going to come and clean up a deliberate mess. I am hoping you can get some of it set before you leave!

I am with ya on the momma drama! But my mom is not that far down the rabbit hole YET! Coming soon though.

Stay safe and off the roads today!

TRIG- yup- and coming to you as well! UGLY ugly day! Glad you are tucked in today and tomorrow. How much are you supposed to get?

So when you fire up that RV to hit up Florida- I will be the chick on the side of the road with the cardboard sigh that says "Florida or BUST"- with a small dog in tow!
-------------------------------------------------------------
Indoor day- a real mess here! Freezing rain, gusting winds to 60 miles hour, and MISERABLE. At least we have power.

I am hopeful this mess is ok by 730 tomorrow morning, but they are saying black ice. Got my doctors appt. Happy birthday to me- and give 6 files of blood!!! HAHAHAHAH-

Brunch with a friend and then hitting the road at first light tomorrow.

Job news: I had another interview with that hospital I talked about last month. I turned them down last month, but left the door open that if another position open to call me.
Well, they did and we had a delightful conversation. I MIGHT actually be open to it this time and will be meeting the team Thurs.- honestly
I would be shocked if I don't then get an offer Fri. Then I need to accept or close that door. It would involve a move to Raleigh, which could be a real positive thing.

As Trig says I gotta think of me first as my kids are grown and have their own lives. This position could have potential to really set me up, just not sure if my body could keep up! I dunno, I am heavily considering it.

Food: Ran to the grocery yesterday and picked up enough goodies to get me though.
Last night was a huge chopped salad and talipia
Tonight: Chilean Sea bass and left over chopped salad.
Tomorrow: Brunch with my friend weather permitting
Dinner: light- tuna maybe.

Thats it from here. My mom fell last night- hit her nose and was a bloody mess. Her Parkinson's is progressing, add some dementia. Sighhhhhhhhh At this point I said to her husband when she was in the other room "thank goodness you got YOUR sh!t together". He responded "I will let you know when I don't."
yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh-

Well I am thinking a bubble bath and well- it's going to be a long indoor day!!!!! I might help her with her puzzle. I hate puzzles. Thank goodness for internet.

Bengals won the game last night! First time in 31 years they made it to the finals!

Time to get more coffee............... back later
  #250   ^
Old Sun, Jan-16-22, 08:53

BF:

OMGoodness! I just read your second post Lori and yours too Trig.
I am really sorry to her about your hubby's cousin! I can only picture what all that family complication if there is a death. It can get complicated and ugly at times. Hopefully, the chips will fall in place and it won't be a hardship! Like you said one day at a time!
Keep us posted!

Trig- I had to LOLOLOL and the kiddo and hubby and the fish fry. Pour a rum drink- put on some Jimmy Buffet and let it roll!!!!!!
Crap can be cleaned up.

Still rain here turning to freezing rain! URGHHHHHHHH

Stay warm and safe all!
  #251   ^
Old Sun, Jan-16-22, 16:59

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JAZ!!!!

Lori- over Gabby. That is too funny. I would give her that stuff every morning around 3 and go back to bed! lol

Big hugs about your DH's cousin and her husband. Sounds like a bad medical situation indeed.

Jaz- Sorry to hear about your Mom's fall. That progression will be hard to watch. ((((((Jaz)))))))

The Raleigh Durham area is so nice. I particularly like Cary. You'll have to let us know how it goes!

Trig- Sounds like a lot of winter weather for you. Hopefully it won't be too bad. The fish fry sounds good to me- Yum!

••••••••••

We did a short day today. I hit a wall with the mess and the dust and also just hit that wall of pure anger mixed with exhaustion. Luckily the weather allowed us a good reason to cut it shorter today and I've been able to just have some down time. We moved from the hotel to the house rental and I've got a room and bathroom of my own now. My brother and I both slept poorly last night so we will both be glad for some opportunities to get better rest.
  #252   ^
Old Mon, Jan-17-22, 05:22

BF:

Good Morning! Early morning here!

Sucking down some coffee before I need to SCRAPE this car and roll in to my doctors office. Then meeting a friend for a quick brunch and back to pick up the pup and get his nails done.

NIC- I can just imagine what you are dealing with. I bet you are looking forward to Thursday- home day! Are you going to drive back in one day?

TRIG/LORI- HIYA!!!!!!

Back later.
  #253   ^
Old Mon, Jan-17-22, 06:52

BF:

Good Morning!

5" of heavy, wet snow. DH is out playing(shoveling) in it now. He loves it. He was actually whistling while he was shoveling our walks. I worry about him shoveling, though he is very healthy. I always tell him that if he has a hint of chest pain or tightness to STOP immediately and call for help. Men.....they think they are super human. I'm sure our DDIL will have a busy day in the heart cath lab in the hospital where she works.

I'll be staying in again today. 4th day in a row. I won't go out until tomorrow when we have a meeting with our lawyer at Betty's to go over the sales agreement for her house. Things are moving forward...pending inspections etc.

DH's cousin is holding on. Her husband sent us a text last night that she was a bit better yesterday....kidney function etc.

---------

Trig.....How much snow did you end up getting? What is your weather like today?

Jaz....Hope your Dr. appt goes well and that you have a nice time with your friend. When do you head for home? Long drive!

Nic.....How are things going? I can't begin to imagine how frustrating and overwhelming the situation is. I'm so glad you have your brother there to help.

---------

Well, I have to figure out what I'm going to eat today and do an exercise video. Oh.....and hold the cat! She was out in the snow for a short time this morning and now is stationed on my lap atop my fuzzy blanket purring like a freight train. Happy girl.

Be safe everyone!
  #254   ^
Old Mon, Jan-17-22, 16:17

BF:

Back and settling in. I ended up doing errands after getting coffee with my friend. The place we were going to had closed due to covid and we pushed our time up due to me getting out of doctors office early. So we met earlier

Went to TJ's and got some of my fav spices and a couple bottles of wine. Went to Petsmart to get his nails trimmed and they closed the grooming area due to weather. - bought some Hills science and canned meat for him. He is just not eating hardly anything .

Although I made him ground beef and rice and he scarfed down 2 bowels and was still chop licking!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAH- Makes me just want to cook for him. I hate kibble.
Tried Pet fresh- NO GO. SO frekin picky. Bella ate anything not tied down- so this is different.

I SPLURGED and went to Costco this afternoon and they had a super super super cozy- velvet feeling with "fur like fuzzy" blankets for 19.99. OMG I just LOVE it. Light weight enough but warm enough. A just perfect blankie.............. I have been dragging around my other blue fuzzy blanket now for years and most of the softness has been worn thin. I use it now as a couch cover for pup.

Ready to head out "home".

I have been doing some big time thinking about the Raleigh position. I think I might give it a try for 6 months and think of it as a temp position. More on this later...... I will give it 100% while working but not sign any leases or feel boxed in until I now this is a good fit.
Why not- give it a try and hey if not a good fit- we part ways. If I love it- I will settle in and start looking for apts.

I am not ready to but at the way the markets are right now. I am waiting a bit for housing to come down. Property is such a great investment.

- Sorry all about me- personals in am- well maybe when I get home- tomorrow is travel day!

ROCK on ladies

Last edited by Jaz66 : Mon, Jan-17-22 at 19:24.
  #255   ^
Old Tue, Jan-18-22, 06:31

BF:

Good Morning-

Cup of coffee in hand and ready to hit the road- personals and check in on "other side"............

Hope you all having a great day!!