Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-06-06, 17:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/210/150 Female 5 ft 9
BF:41%/33%
Progress: 0%
Default Diet Rite Cola

I have been on a stall now for 7 weeks, not a poun d gone. I have been cheat free for 33 days keeping it at 20 or less carbs. I am careful about creep carbs, dont eat the Atkins candy, etc. I eat only whole meats, salad greens and allowable veggies. I drink 10-12 glasses of water everyday.
I am a BIG diet rite aholic tho. I must confess I probably drink 4 to 6 a day. I have had some people tell me not to worry since they have 0 carbs, 0 calories, and 0 caffene. I lost really well the first 2 months of induction (since October 26 when I started Atkins), they didnt stop my weight loss at all. I keep telling myself it's not the diet cokes, but I am wondering if there is anyone out there that has experienced the same thing, and did you stop drinking them and did it help?
I mean it guys, I dont know what I would do without them, probably have to go into "de-tox" LOL. Help!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Mar-10-06, 00:34

Stats: 160/103/115 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 127%

Whoa, Boree, incredible patience with staying the course. Kudos to you. A seven week stall when you've stayed essentailly on induction level carbs doesn't sound right, even with the diet coke. You could try substituting something like club soda for the coke for a bit and see if anything positive happens.

But you might also explore some other routes at this point - is it possible that you're hypothyroid? I was undiagnosed hypo for many years - and swore to my SO more than once during that time that I could get locked in a closet for a week and gain weight just from breathing the air. It's a simple test - TSH. Best of luck to you -
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Mar-10-06, 05:21

Stats: 225/185/150 Female 5 feet 4 in.
BF:
Progress: 53%

Maybe it's time for a change? Maybe it's time for you to go into OWL and upping your carbs by 5 and working your way up Dr. Atkin's ladder. Sometimes, if you keep doing the same thing day after day, your body gets used to it so maybe by adding 5 carbs/day, it'll give your body a jolt and things will start happening for you. (Same with exercise--you have to change your routine every once in awhile in order to get the benefit from it. Not that I would know anything about that. I don't exercise. ) As for the pop, I wait til I drink my requirement of water (1 gallon) before I allow myself a 'treat' of diet rite. Might try that. Congrats on the loss so far. Stay the course and you'll be fine. (I was in a stall for 7 weeks myself after induction and soooo glad I stuck it out--lost 35 more after that)
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Mar-10-06, 05:38
Princess Sara

Plan: Dukan
Stats: 210/165.6/150 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:---
Progress: 74%

Lord I hope it isn't the Diet Rite. That feels like one of my treats...like Davinci's SF syrups.
Sara<><
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Apr-02-06, 09:32
Registered Member

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 152/149/112 Female 5
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default Stalling

I've been LC'ing for just over one year. Because it is a way of life, not a "diet", I have embraced the "stalls". I was at a plateau for 6 months, then suddenly, wooosh, down 5 pounds. My experience has been to embrace your bodies way of adjusting to losing the weight. Your body may be resetting it's metabolic clock. Allow it to and continue to live low carb.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, May-16-06, 00:08

Stats: 224/200/175 Female 5 ft 9 in
BF:who/gives/a crap
Progress: 49%

I limit myself to one soda a day - Hansens Diet Sodas - I usually have it with my lunch that I bring to work. I drink water the rest of the day and drink hot green tea in morning and one in evening. I haven't really missed all the soda I used to drink before.

I would limit myself with the soda. Try it for a week and see what happens. Good luck!
  #7   ^
Old Tue, May-16-06, 00:17

Plan: Human Experimentation
Stats: 170/100/105 Female 4'10
BF:
Progress: 108%

I almost want to say it isn't the soda. Only because I would hate for it to be. I could barely live without mine. Try club soda mixed with Crystal Lite or whatever. It helps.

I know what you mean though, I drink SOOOO much of it. It doesn't dissuade my weight loss though. It never has. Of course everyone is different. Try the Crystal Lite, that will help with the cravings for soda.