Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jul-22-02, 11:16

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 279/240/200 Male 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 49%
Default Something is happening...

My name is Steve - I am 250lbs and have started the Adkins diet 3 days ago - I have lost weight (3lbs). I recently shifted to the Atkins after stalling with the Scan Diet...I lost 20lbs with that but found that I was still very hungry and got sick of drinking shakes. I have lost weight before - down to 217 4 years ago. At 217lbs - I can do a cartwheel and ride my bike all day. My goal weight is 200lbs but I will asses that when I get there. I am 5'11, male, husband and father. the last time I weighed under 200lbs was in the 7th grade. I was always the largins kid in my class in grade school and had a big weight complex. Played football in High School and have been an avid mountian biker for the last 4 years.
I have tried Atkins 1 other time but quit because I felt like sht the first several days. This web site encouraged me to hang in there so that is the plan for now.... I am sick of being fat....sick of bad knees and depresssion....low self esteem and ..... well.... I'm sick of keeping my shirt on! I plan on using this site alot. I have a desk job (great for weight loss!!

I want your support and I want to give you support. Lets win this battle! - Steve
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jul-22-02, 13:21
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

You're right about the desk job not being conducive to weight loss, but at least now you can spend time on this forum <strike>wasting company time</strike> improving your mental and physical health, and therefore increasing your productivity.

Good luck!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jul-22-02, 13:26

BF:
Default Thanks!!

I am using the computer today as a tool to stay focused. I think if I had my choice - I would burn some company time in the form of sick leave!........It is so hard to deal with people in this haze - I have forgoten several things today. Here's to a clear tommorrow! - Steve
Attached Images
File Type: jpg drunk.jpg (5.9 KB, 40 views)
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jul-22-02, 13:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/203.5/140 Female 64 inches (5' 4'')
BF:
Progress: 38%

Our companies want us to stay healthy don't they? Well first we have to learn how to get that way, and stay that way. So they should allow some time for "self improvement" Kind of like those training classes they are sending us of too, but no one ever wants to go..... That's my story and I am sticking too it.

Work, they want me to work! Where do they think I am.... oh... nevermind.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jul-22-02, 13:36
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

...maybe instead of taking Mental Health days, you can split your time into Mental Health Hour for support forum browsing, or Nap Time for those who eat high-carb lunches.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jul-22-02, 18:56
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%
Default Hiya Steve!

I just know you're gonna do great here! And I will repeat the message you already know: HANG IN THERE!!

You're lucky that 1) you're active and 2) you're male.... you'll probably lose at twice the rate most of us women-folk do.

You've found the right plan, you've found the right support group, you're ON YOUR WAY!!!
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jul-23-02, 06:38

BF:
Talking Thanks!!

Thanks to all for great support! I feel like I am mostly out of the woods with the "fog" of induction.... The support of this site is awesome. Teri - it is funny but seeing a live face makes your reply seem so... well human! It is nice to get feedback from others who are in this boat with me! Being male does help some, however, I am starting lo carb right on the heals of dropping 22lbs over the last 3 months using Scan diet.... I stalled out with Scan and became uninspired about drinking shakes all the time. Plus I was hungry as could be and found myself carb binging. That is what brought me to Lo Carb. I am a carb addict! I also had my best friend (who is a Dr.) tell me a story about a co worker of his who did well with Atkins - the whole time they monitored his cholesterol, kidney functions, etc. He was optimistic about the porgram. 20/20 and Nightline pushed it over the edge for me - even though I had already concluded on starting. Thanks again for the support - Steve