Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > My P.L.A.N. Tool Support Forum
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-04-07, 20:05
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/155/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 45%
Default carb content question

Hey there guys, just a few questions.

1. The P.L.A.N automatically adds a carb content for eggs (which I do know that they have), but, on the Atkins diet, Dr. Atkins specifies that you can eat unlimited eggs, counting the carbs of vegetables and salads (for the induction period). So, should I omit the carbs that the P.L.A.N adds for eggs and other "atkins unlimited" foods, when looking at my daily totals? (I eat a lot of eggs, so, my veg count would have to be substantially lower).

2. When I add broccoli (frozen, raw, cooked, no salt) it says 5g of carbs per .5 cup. The bags of broccoli I've bought lately, however, say 5g per cup. I have no problem adding my own custom food to match the nutritional content on my purchased stuff, but, could anyone (for curiosity's sake) account for this difference?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-05-07, 07:41
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

1. The database reports actual nutrient values per the USDA database. There's no easy way to change the numbers based on which plan you follow and which food items can be counted on which can't, etc.

2. Hard to tell. The values in the database are generally more accurate, as manufacturers can round the numbers quite a bit. Check the actual weight listed in their 1 cup serving. Measuring by cup can be skewed by the shape of the cup and by the size and shape of the cut pieces.

Wa'il