Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > My P.L.A.N. Tool Support Forum
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Feb-12-05, 01:10
Anyone?? Bueller?

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%
Default Recipe ingredients gone?

I logged in tonight and my calories were off again.. my quiche recipe lists swiss cheese as the only ingredient?? It was fine all week, and I did not adjust the recipe at all...
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Feb-12-05, 07:18
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4beans4me
I logged in tonight and my calories were off again.. my quiche recipe lists swiss cheese as the only ingredient?? It was fine all week, and I did not adjust the recipe at all...

O.k. so there two issues:

1. Calories are off: I checked a couple of days, and they seem to add up. Let me know which specific days you're seeing a different totals.

2. Recipe ingredients lost: Was this the only recipe you've seen changed? Were the other ingredients custom ones? Have you deleted any custom items?

Wa'il
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Feb-12-05, 14:55
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

The calories on every day I ate the quiche are off. They are only giving a total for cheese wherever the quiche is entered.

This is the only recipe I've seen changed, and no, none of the other ingredients were custom. Just eggs, cream, cheese, onions, and butter.

I have not deleted any custom items.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Feb-12-05, 15:03
Forum Founder

Quote:
The calories on every day I ate the quiche are off. They are only giving a total for cheese wherever the quiche is entered.

Yes, since the quiche ingredients changed, every day containing it will change. For the recipe to change, that's a bug/problem, but for the calories to reflect the new (corrupted) recipe, that's normal. It would be like changing the amount/serving for the day, where the daily counts will change accordingly.

Quote:
This is the only recipe I've seen changed, and no, none of the other ingredients were custom. Just eggs, cream, cheese, onions, and butter.

I'm still not sure how this could have happened, but I did make a change to recipe processing yesterday, and apparently that recipe got corrupted. Sorry about that, but the good news seems to be that it's the only one that got corrupted

Wa'il
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Feb-12-05, 15:05
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

Okie, thanks Wa'il.

I'll just enter the recipe ingredients back in.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Feb-12-05, 15:07
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

LOL, looks like I spoke too soon. I checked the jalapeno chicken recipe, and that one is missing the chicken.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Feb-12-05, 15:12
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

The info on my daily summaries is correct for the jalapeno chicken, but if you click and look at the recipe and ingredients, it gives you a total of 87 calories, along with the missing ingredient.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Feb-12-05, 16:46
Forum Founder

Quote:
The info on my daily summaries is correct for the jalapeno chicken, but if you click and look at the recipe and ingredients, it gives you a total of 87 calories, along with the missing ingredient.

Could you try this for me, change any ingredient serving, and then change it back with "Update servings", and let me know if this corrects the counts.

Wa'il
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Feb-12-05, 17:26
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

It's showing correct values everywhere, but in the recipe itself, plus the missing ingredients factor in again.

So hard to explain via posts. Thank you for being patient.
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Feb-12-05, 21:38
Forum Founder

Quote:
It's showing correct values everywhere, but in the recipe itself, plus the missing ingredients factor in again.

So hard to explain via posts. Thank you for being patient.

No problem. I've made some changes, and would like you to test something. Could you create a new recipe, with identical ingredients to the old one (the jalapeno one), and let me know how the counts come out.

Wa'il
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Feb-13-05, 07:49
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

OK, I tried to re-create the recipe and it will not let me adjust the chicken breast portion size (which happens to be the missing ingredient from the original, don't know if that is important).

I entered in Chicken, broilers or fryers, breast, meat only, raw and can't change the portion size from 1 ounce to 6 ounces, BUT in the total recipe calculations, the numbers are right, as if the chicken portion WAS 6 ounces.
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Feb-13-05, 07:52
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

I went back in and clicked on the recipe summary and there it shows the portion size and calculations for a 1 ounce portion of chicken, so only on the original creation did it show the correct values in the recipe totals, just not a correct ingredient value for the chicken.

#13   ^
Old Sun, Feb-13-05, 08:11
Forum Founder

Bear with me 4Beans, I'm not sure I understand.

By re-create do you mean a new recipe, or editing the old one. It's best to start a new one from scratch, just so I can compare it with the old one, to confirm my theory

Second, to get 6 Ounces, you need to edit the amount box to the left, with the number 6. Did you you try that? And if it didn't let you, could you tell me how it didn't let you? i.e., it gives an error, or the box is greyed out, or disabled, or does to delte the number and replace with another, etc.

Anyway, please provide as much details as possible, so I don't end up bothering with more questions

Wa'il
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Feb-13-05, 08:17
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

I made a whole new recipe labeled Jalapeno Chicken II, I tried to adjust the portion size by typing 6 into the box, clicked submit, and it took me back to the recipe, with the portion size back to 1 ounce. It gave an ingredient value for 1 ounce, but the recipe total changed to reflect as if the 6 ounce portion was there.
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Feb-13-05, 08:22
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

Hehe, just figured out that I was hitting enter, not submit. It changed the portion size. Whoops. I do remember being able to hit enter earlier though, was that changed in the last few days?