Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-26-01, 13:39

Plan:
Stats: 130/130/120
BF:
Progress:

Hi all, Im 34 yrs old and live in Liverpool UK

I have to admit to being a total newcomer to Low carb eating , I have ordered I think most of the books I could find online regarding Low carb
I just wanted to say that I plan to visit this site often and hope that I will learn more each time.

I have tried low fat diets and have had no success whatsoever , I would say that I am prob a Carb addict (eeek did i just admit to that ? )
So I know its not going to be easy but Im sure going to try
thanx for reading the post this is a cool site!!!

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-26-01, 17:04

Plan:
Stats: 203/122/128
BF:
Progress:

Welcome to the group and to the woe Joanne! You sound like a smart cookie, oops I mean a smart pork rind for investaging your new one. Information is the key to living low carb at its best!

Again, welcome and keep posting!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-26-01, 17:54

Plan: protein power
Stats: 190/150/145
BF:
Progress: 89%
Cool

WELCOME JOANNE!!!!!!!!.....i too am a beginner at the low carb thing, ending about 10 years of the low fat thing.....my prob is carbs---bread, cereals, and SUGARRRRRRRRRRRRR (i think i'm salivating...lol)...anyway, i have not weighed myself yet but i can tell that something is going right for me---my clothes feel looser and my overall energy is great!!!...next time i visit someone with "the lieing number machine" i'll report my loss---or anger (lol) to one and all....good luck and lean on everyone in the forum for support and advice---they're really good at it.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Mar-27-01, 16:45

Plan:
Stats: 203/195/136
BF:
Progress:
Default I need help???????

Hi iam new to this low-carb dieting and not sure if iam doing it right could some one out there please help me get off to a good start? im having trouble gettin someone to help me and let me know if iam doing it right ............if anyone out there can help me id appreciate it very much ....

Thanks once again
Twilite33
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Mar-27-01, 19:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 183/143/140
BF:
Progress: 93%

Welcome Jo,

Been on this woe for three weeks now....Never tried this either...always low fat diets. Lost 10lbs so far and feel wonderful...full of energy....Read up on it and good luck...truly is a great way of life!

Twilite, Welcome to you too,

Get some reading material on low carbing and read girl, you will get it and understand....one must take the time to learn this woe.

Good luck, Wendy
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Mar-27-01, 20:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

welcome jo and twilite. jo, you've got the right idea. read all you can. twilite, that's what you should do too. try "dr. atkins new diet revolution" or dr. eades "protein power plan". if you don't want to buy them, check them out at the library. it's really best to read up on this woe, so that you really understand it. also, get a good carb counter. i use corrine netzer's complete book of food counts.
visit this board often. you'll find really great support here. i look forward to hearing more from both of you.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Mar-28-01, 03:04

Plan:
Stats: 130/130/120
BF:
Progress:
Wink

Hey Thank you all who have replied and welcomed me to the forum...........Im reading like crazy
Learning new things all the time,
Thank you all once again great support and great to hear from you all

#8   ^
Old Wed, Mar-28-01, 07:58
Registered Member

Plan:
Stats: 236/210/155
BF:
Progress:
Smile Welcome...

Joanne and Twilite!
I am a re-convert to low carb and am so glad I did.I'm starting to feel better again .Can't believe how 3 days back on track made me feel!! I'm a true bread and sugar addict so I need to stay way from both!
Good luck on which ever plan you choose{I'm doing the Protein Power Life Plan}.Trick is to read all you can about low carb!!

Carol from Kamloops