Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1336   ^
Old Sat, Sep-18-21, 14:49

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Home from the golf course, showered and collapsed in my recliner. I didn't put sunscreen on my shoulders and I got burnt. I wore a sleeveless shirt and should have put sunscreen on the "caps" of my shoulders. Oh well....what's done is done. I played pretty well for being on a strange course. Some good shots, some bad. Typical.

Jaz.....Hope things go well with your visitors. Seems like they could have brought their own junk food since they know you don't eat that kind of thing. How many days are they staying?

We're just going to sit here and watch football and I'll be in bed early tonight. Back to our home course tomorrow. Bye!
Sponsored Links
  #1337   ^
Old Sat, Sep-18-21, 19:36

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Dot. Checking in with a full update for everyone tomorrow. hugs
  #1338   ^
Old Sun, Sep-19-21, 05:05

BF:

Good Morning!

Late start this morning. I only have a few minutes until I have to start getting ready for golf. I was awake early this morning(3ish) with Gabby and then I had an itch on my shoulder blade that was unrelenting. It was just out of my reach and maddening. I had DH look at it this morning and he said there is a little wee red dot, but man does it itch. I had him give it a good scratch and put some anti-itch cream on it.

I ate horribly yesterday and consequently not feeling my best this morning. The choices were very limited at the golf course, but we were starving so ate what was available. Yuck. Once I got home I wasn't satisfied and kept eating this and that.....horrible. Striving to make today a much better day eating wise.

Nic....anxiously awaiting your update!

Jaz....Hope your house guests are on their best behavior. How nice of you to give up your comfy bed. How is Ruger getting along with visitors?

Trig....have your sinus issues cleared up? I know it's miserable.

--------

Well, I have to scramble. I got up about an hour later than I wanted to. Have good days.
  #1339   ^
Old Sun, Sep-19-21, 05:15

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

no post from me.

I feel like crap on a shingle.

Sinus is raging.....I got a minute clinic appt at 12:30 cause I must have real drugs. My head is a bowling ball, eyes throbbing and I got a massive pain behind my 1 ear and down into my neck and I got this weirdo swellling on my forehead and it is going down into my eye area.....freaky deaky crap on me.

Long night of should I just go to the ER cause I haven't gone this route with swelling like this before? No idea on it all but in the end I ain't dying, I can tell if that is gonna happen HAHA so I decided to hit the cheap option vs an ER visit which would be thousands for nothing probably....ugh....

Why in the heck do ya get sickest when every damn Dr and clinic is closed? Only option is ER at some point and damn, we all know the wallet can't survive that? ugh again LOL

over and out and let ya know if I survive.
  #1340   ^
Old Sun, Sep-19-21, 08:14

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

OMG- TRIG- So sorry...... get the help and meds you need....... Be super careful.......

Guests still here until tomorrow morning........ stressful yes.... I am clock watching, and my stomach is upset.

Here is my dot.

Looking to be back in full swing tomorrow morning!!!!!-

HIYA- LORI/NIC!
  #1341   ^
Old Sun, Sep-19-21, 11:18

BF:

Hello Peeps!

Oh gosh, Trig, I feel so sorry for you. You are not a whiner so if you are feeling that bad I know it is really, really bad. I hope you get the Big Guns of meds and are feeling better tomorrow. Maybe a sinus infection or something? Big hugs.

And Jaz, sympathies to you too because guests are a challenge in the first place and add in that it is your Mom and the challenge level just went up to 11/10. I really hope it goes okay for you. Not easy I know. It was also really, really nice of you to give up your bed. I bet Ruger will be confused though!

Lori, joining you on getting my eating back on track. Last week was not pretty at all with the vacation eating being full on. Up three pounds and it should have been more.

Sorry about your itchy shoulder- wonder what it was that got you?

•••••••••••

Got back home yesterday afternoon and we were pretty wiped out from a busy week doing all the things, plus packing up and driving back. We didn't know there was a big biker convention going on in OC and drove into OC on Saturday morning planning to go out to breakfast before we left. Ugh, what a mistake! SOOO crowded and packs of motorcycles EVERYWHERE. So glad we settled a decent distance up from OC so we don't have to deal with all that.

The New Home Orientation took a long time and was very thorough. Inspection report is back and nothing alarming. So we are full steam ahead for closing on the house in five short days! Hard to believe, super exciting! Lots to do to prepare- going through kitchen, clothes etc to divvy up what is going where, getting stuff packed up that has been bought etc. Plus this house needs a decent cleaning.

There is a happy hour in our new neighborhood on Saturday, the day after we get moved in. We'll go for a little while to meet people and say hello but also have a good reason to not stay too long since we will have so much to do. Seems like a really fun neighborhood with a lot going on. We are kind of coming in at the middle- plenty of folks already moved in and plenty of folks still going to move in after us as well.

That's about it for me- getting my eating back under control, doing things with the house here and there, and taking the dogs in for a bath Monday, running errands etc. The week will go by quickly I'm sure.

Future DIL is visiting DS22 in NYC this weekend, and DS19 was extended an offer to join a service honor society thing in college, to which he said No thanks! lol

hugs!
  #1342   ^
Old Sun, Sep-19-21, 19:15

BF:

NIC- Wowsa on the house closing in 5 DAYS!!!!!!! I a super excited for you! Are you all staying after you pick up keys. You know a transistor radio and a blow up bed/ bottle of wine and .......... Break in the LOVE SHACK....hahahahaha

https://youtu.be/9SOryJvTAGs

TRIG- OMG- thinking of you girl. Do I need to get in my car and come nurse you back........... Mussinex, and NSAIDS,
  #1343   ^
Old Sun, Sep-19-21, 19:23

BF:

checking in again before I go to bed to see if TRIG in ER/ and or status!....... Worried about ya girl.

Please check in tomorrow.
Even if just dot.
  #1344   ^
Old Mon, Sep-20-21, 05:58

BF:

Morning all........

TRIG-
you out there and safe?!?!?!?!?!?! Hope you are just resting.

NIC did you make it home? Did you say it was 2.5 hours from one house to the other?
Hope you get some rest today as well.

Lori- I hate it when I have an itch just out of reach. That is what a HAIR BRUSH is for!
----------------------------------------------------------
Toss me in that bucket of feeling lousy/ bad diet-food/ and sinus crap this weekend did me under.

Good news today is Monday and a NEW DAY! Back on track.

I have PT later this morning and then will spend the rest of the day cleaning up after having my mother and her husband here. That should be that for MONTHS. whew...........ready to get back to my space and routine, and meals.
Granted I was the one to make bad food choices- but I was cranky, tired, and wine on board- thus bad food. PLUS we PAID for it- 20 bucks for fried, carbs- ick ick ick ick- I paid with my tummy too!

Well back on track.
  #1345   ^
Old Mon, Sep-20-21, 06:01

BF:

Good Morning!

First of all Trig...... Hope the meds kick in and you feel better quickly.

Nic.....What an exciting week you have ahead! How fun that there is a neighborhood get together your first day there! It'll be nice to pop in and say Hi and then have an excuse for an early exit....so much to do! Everyone will get it.

Jaz....Hope you made it thru your guest hosting weekend relatively unscathed. I'm sure you came close to biting off your tongue! Back to your own bed tonight!

--------

Today I'm doing laundry and puttering around. I texted the plumber AGAIN yesterday afternoon and he said someone will be here around 9:30. Don't put money on it folks! He said he had SO many emergency calls last week. I understand that a water spouting faucet has low priority, but it's been a couple weeks now.

I'm hungry for bacon, so going to throw some in the oven and then chow down. Scale is up from the weekend indulgences, so have to get back to strict LC. Tonight's dinner is chicken something or other. I'm so tired of planning meals.

Later!
  #1346   ^
Old Mon, Sep-20-21, 07:11

BF:

Lori- Good luck on the plumber.
I am doing laundry ALL day as well!!!!! Yup I will be happy to get my bed back!

I thought you were getting your new Freshly box?

I am having leftover LC chili.
  #1347   ^
Old Mon, Sep-20-21, 08:47

BF:

Hooray!! The plumber sent one of his guys this morning at 8:30. Very nice, friendly guy who showed me what the problem was so DH can fix it if it happens again. All fixed and back in business by 9AM! I texted the plumber(boss) to let him know that his guy did a great job and to thank him again. He apologized for it taking so long to get to me. All good now.

I have some Freshly meals in the freezer for me, but DH does not care for them. I still have to plan meals for him. Easy really as he's happy with some kind of meat and taters.

Laundry all done, bed all remade and I already can't wait to climb into the fresh sheets tonight. I've also been spraying my sheets with Chanel Chance perfume....good grief it's yummy.

Bacon made and a couple pieces already down my neck. So good.

Ok....that's it from here. I have to make Betty her chip dip at some point today and then air fryer chicken for DH for dinner. It's been a productive morning!

#1348   ^
Old Mon, Sep-20-21, 17:06

BF:

Howdy Ho, all!

Trig- Take care of you, dear one. Rest!

Jaz- I am proud of you for surviving your guests. That is not easy I know!
No beating yourself up, just pick up and move on, food wise.

Lori- Yay for a repaired faucet! Your patience paid off. You always crack me up when you say something is "down your neck." LOL

All is well here. Getting ready for Friday and feeling sort of overwhelmed. I'm totally doing it to myself by trying to plan for everything I will need, which is silly bc I won't be needing it all at once! I want to minimize dragging things back and forth but it will take a while to get there.

Dh is out at Office Depot picking up his desk that he chose. He took my Pilot and apparently it will take up a heck of a lot of space. I get to drive around with that in the back of my truck for the next four days.

Other than that, just cruising along. Back on track the past two days, so that's good. Paid bills and did the grocery shopping today. We had tacos today (taco salad for me), crab cakes tomorrow and pork chops Wednesday, then leftovers Thursday and off we go. It's funny how little I am buying these days- 1 apple, a quart of milk etc.

Dogs got a bath and nail clipping today. I bought them 'car seats' for the car since they will be spending a good amount of time being dragged back and forth. They weren't sure what to think!
  #1349   ^
Old Tue, Sep-21-21, 02:45

BF:

Good Morning!

Here it is 4:30AM and I've already been up for over an hour. I woke up at 3:15 and needed a visit to the loo and just decided the heck with it...I'll just get up. Gabby was still asleep on the loveseat when I came downstairs and turned on lights....she looked up at me like.....WTH? Tables were turned this morning...I got to wake her up!

Meeting 2 pals for golf this morning at around 8. This may be our only golf day this week as the weather is taking a turn for the worse starting tomorrow. More rain, oh joy. At least the weekend is looking pretty good. A group of 11 of us are traveling to a golf course up in NY on Sunday. It's a 2 hour drive. DH thinks we're crazy. It's a beautiful course that I've only played a couple times.

Nic.....I'm sure your mind is whirling trying to think of everything you'll need to set up another household. It'll all come together.....no worries.

Trig....Hope you're feeling better today.

Jaz.....Are you and Ruger getting all settled back in to your routine after having company this weekend?

----------

Well, it's going to be a long day. I hope I can catch a nap when I get home from golf this afternoon. Have a good one!
  #1350   ^
Old Wed, Sep-22-21, 05:53

BF:

Um.....Good Morning!?

One post yesterday and it was mine EARLY in the morning? Don't be scaring me people! Where is everyone??

We canceled golf for the rest of the week due to predicted heavy rain. Today it will be light, but tomorrow we have a flash flood watch. What a mess. We plan to play on Saturday, but the course will probably be a mess.

I was so tired yesterday after my early morning, but I slept well last night and feel pretty good this morning. I also ate too much and all the wrong stuff yesterday....being tired does that to me. Consequently, the scale was up this morning. I have today's meals planned, so hopefully I'll see a better number tomorrow.

Not doing much today. It's dreary and cool. I may do an exercise video....or not.

Hope you all are well.