Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Breakfast Ideas
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Apr-07-12, 05:28
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%

I'm glad to share them with you, Blackstone, and the rest of our members. I think good food SHOULD be shared. I'm just glad you folks enjoy them! I agree completely that food boredom isn't "an option" when you can put together stuff like this.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Apr-07-12, 06:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/138/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 120%

Really good MIM pancakes, Peggy! These are the best I've made , thus far, and the quantity is perfect, as my hubby doesn't really care for pancakes. Just finished a plate of these with Walden Farms syrup- yummy-Thanks!

-Kim
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Apr-07-12, 07:51

Stats: 135/115/115 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Made a batch this morning. Yummy! These taste like HC pancakes. Even my teenage son (who doesn't do LC) liked them. Thanks, Peggy!
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Apr-07-12, 11:36
Registered Member

Plan: LCHF, IF
Stats: 267.2/182/160 Female 70.5"
BF:
Progress: 79%

I made the mim pancakes this morning. They were great, wouldn't know they were low carb by taste!
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Apr-08-12, 07:12
Patience Personified

Kim, are you referring to the pictured CQ recipe in post #1, or my MIM pancake recipe I suggested to someone in post #11?

I REALLY am liking the results I get with just a bit of CQ mixed with Jen's GF bake mix. I'm getting some amazingly good results with that combo.......much better than either by themselves render. Not sure why, but I'm not gonna mess with that magic. More and more of my baked goods use BOTH, leaning a little heavier on Jen's mix to reduce wheat. But I'm convinced it's wheat that brings the light, fluffy quality to baked goods that you just can't get with nut or coconut meals alone.

So glad you liked these, Kim! They're my fav's now, too. I just add whatever berries/fruit/flavorings ti the mix I feel like.

Last edited by Buttoni : Sun, Apr-08-12 at 07:17.
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Apr-08-12, 09:08

Stats: 180/138/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 120%

Hi Peggy-

The recipe I tried is the MIM version in post #11. I don't have any of the lc baking mixes and really prefer not to have to buy anything I can't get at my local store, so it's nice to be able to use what's already in my pantry. I like the fluffy kind, too, but your MIM version is very satisfying!

-Kim
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Apr-08-12, 14:32
Patience Personified

I do the MIM version when I want the nuttier, whole-grain type of pancake; the other one when I want the more traditional fluffy kind.
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Oct-22-12, 15:04
Patience Personified

Default Red Anjou Pear Pancakes

I bought some Red Anjou pears this week that are undoubtedly the sweetest pears I have EVER eaten! At least they seemed that way to me, but maybe that’s just because I just finished two Whole30 Challenges and have eaten very little sweets during that two months. This morning I tried them in a new recipe I’m very pleased with. Both my husband and I thought they were DELICIOUS! I modified my banana pancake recipe a bit for the base on these. These are not suitable until the higher-carb fruits rung of the Atkins OWL carb ladder. They are suitable for Paleo-Primal if you use REAL maple syrup instead of the syrup with artificial sweetener in your topping. Nutritional stats were calculated using the Cary’s sugar-free maple syrup.

INGREDIENTS:

1 T. unsalted butter or ghee, melted
3 eggs, beaten
1 Red Anjou pear (total), diced
1 T. coconut cream
½ c. + 2 T. golden flax meal
4 T. almond flour
2 tsp. coconut flour
1 tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. cinnamon
2 T. maple syrup (or sugar-free syrup)
water (as needed)

DIRECTIONS: Dice the pear in ½” dice. You will use half in the batter and half for the topping. Melt 1 T. of the butter and place in medium mixing bowl. Add all wet ingredients, including half the diced pear. Measure in all the dry ingredients into the bowl. Stir well. Add water 1 T. at a time if batter is too stiff. Heat non-stick or greased griddle. Shile it is heating make the topping in a separate small non-stick skillet. Melt the remaining 2 T. of butter in this small skillet. Add the cinnamon and remaining half of diced pear. Saute 1-2 minutes. Add syrup and a bit of water if too thick. Simmer just a couple minutes and turn heat to low.

Using a ¼ cup measuring cup, scoop out 6 pancakes onto hot, greased griddle. This batter is very thick and you will have to spread the batter out with the back of the cup or a spoon. Brown and flip to brown the second side. Plate each pancake and spoon a bit of the topping onto each.

NUTRITIONAL INFO: Makes six 4″ pancakes, each contains: (calculations using sugar-free syrup)

203.5 calories
16.42 g fat
9.82 g carbs, 5.1 g fiber, 4.72 g NET CARBS
6.65 g protein
117 mg sodium
155 mg potassium
22% RDA copper, 20% iron, 14% magnesium, 19% manganese, 26% phosphorous, 13% riboflavin, 19% selenium, 20% thiamin, 10% zinc, 12% vitamin A, 14% B12 and 10% calcium
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Oct-24-12, 14:05

Stats: 180/154/130 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 52%

Looks delicious! Can't wait to try it!
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Oct-24-12, 15:06
Patience Personified

You'll find them delightfully sweet without a bit of sweetener (other than what's in the syrup)