Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-27-07, 10:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 171/163/150 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default Thinking of switching

Hi
I have been doing Atkins (with some success) but am considering switching plans. Atkins does work, and I like the WOE, BUT:

I think maybe an approach that targets stress might be helpful.

Weight started creeping up on me when I was diagnosed with the thyroid problem and started grad school... I am hypothyroid and on meds to lower my blood glucose... I worry that the underlying issues might be all metabolic/stress related and maybe I am not treating the whole problem.
I have just started reading the book (The Principal).
I eat low carb, approx. 30-35 grams a day, I exercise (high intensity 3 times a week for 1/2 hr and weight training 2 x a week) and I take daily vitamins and minerals.

I work full time and attend grad school full time at night, and I am a single parent- so I know I am stressed! I hope that I can find better health soon as I am frequently exhausted despite a healthy lifestyle.

I will be lurking here reading and trying to educate myself about this plan.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-27-07, 11:28
Registered Member

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 267/259/220 Male 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default Switching...

Welcome Denise!

Oh, my! - you must be under stress, working full-time, grad school evenings and finding time to be a single mom all at the same time. Reminds me of those performers you used to see on the TV variety shows that would keep several plates spinning on sticks - running from one to another, keeping them all spinning at once. Sound familiar?

TSP is a good plan that takes your entire body into account. That said, I'll warn you ahead of time that one of the principles is getting the rest your body needs to recover - not just for the last week, but for years of stress and lack of rest. It will certainly challenge your priorities, but it's a good thing.

If you're looking for weight loss, TSP will work - eventually, when your body becomes truly balanced. In the meantime, it's a great way to build delayed gratification. One of the most common results you'll hear from people who apply the TSP program is how well they feel; that benefit shows up much sooner - in as little as 2 weeks.

Again, welcome. We'll be looking forward to hearing how you're doing with TSP.

Blessings,

-Don
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-27-07, 12:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 171/163/150 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 38%

Thank you Don- it's no use looking good if you feel like luggage, so here's to better health in 2007!