Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-03-02, 20:31

Plan: calp
Stats: 342/295/190
BF:
Progress: 31%
Default cheese cake carbs?

I have a commercial cheese cake (ammerito) with no crust. Does anyone have a clue as to how many carbs a slice will have? I tried fitday and it only has cheese cake, but doesn't specify one with no crust. I didn't think this would have 26 carbs per piece! Thoughts please???
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Apr-04-02, 09:11
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245.0/211.5/130.0
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default sugar content

Well, if it follows a typical cheesecake formula it will have 1 to 2 cups of sugar. That's 200 to 400 carbs from the sugar.

the recipe I saw had 1 3/4 cups of sugar and 4 8oz of cream cheese to give you a normal size cheesecake. If you divide by 16 for small slices, you would get around 25. (considering most major ingredients.)

If you can handle that many carbs, my only other warning is that these carbs are from sugar, not veggies and could cause a sharp insulin spike particularly eaten in one session.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Apr-04-02, 21:01

Plan: calp
Stats: 342/295/190
BF:
Progress: 31%

I am in here for the long haul and I know the proper thing to do is let it die of freezer burn or give it away, but sometimes a treat is needed and I thought this might have a little damage control in that respect. Vegies would be a better choice. I am followint the CALP and get a fairly large amount of vegies each day, especially with the allowed salad.
One of my challenges is my best friend has to watch what she eats or she looses weight.(She is struggling to keep at a healthy weight!)So, whenever she is over I try to have something for her.