Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#586   ^
Old Tue, Mar-24-20, 07:31

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

fast one guys

hitting road in a bit for some errands gotta get done

so we did kid's hair and I won my own bet. She said pick up any super dark brown so I bought a cheapie

we did new fresh teal on one side and very dark brown on the other and I have to say it looks ok LOL

make dog groom appt

hitting mall today when it opens at 12 and getting 2 more pairs of those sweats for me. I live in those LOL I want more of them while I can get them.

buying mom 2 pairs of small size. she needs them too

hey I put on my capri pants with the button and zipper. When I got home later in the day I just slide them straight down and took them off and put on my sweats......then I realized these were not my 'elastic' waist capri pants I own.....these were the button/zip waisted ones....and I slide them right off Smaller and smaller sizes I want calling my name and that is the direction I am heading

anyway gotta move...times a wastin' here

Last edited by Whirrlly : Tue, Mar-24-20 at 08:39.
Sponsored Links
  #587   ^
Old Tue, Mar-24-20, 08:45

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good TUESDAY Morning!

Lori- OMG on your eye. Can you get in to see someone sooner than a couple of months? That would bug the crap out of me! I hate it when I have those invisible hairs in my eyes- drives me absolutely crazy. Sometimes I get "fuzz" that drives me crazy too! I feel for ya girl!
Awwwhhhhh. That is great you are keeping in touch with your sister! I am sure that makes you feel good that you two stay in touch!

Definitely get outside and get some sunshine! It is amazing what some sunshine will do for you.
You are the one to try new things that most of us have not even heard of! I would be interested to know what your "new" box looks like!

Trig- - Hey there. Are you getting ready to head out again? Are they still open? What beach are you hitting up! Tomorrow should be BEAUTIFUL! Actually it will hit 83 tomorrow with full sun and stay that way through next week! I truly think we are in store for a hot Spring. But then again that is the way it rolls here- it goes from cold to hot in a blink and not much in-between!

How is the kiddo doing with her online classes? Did she get her hair done? What color is she thinking about now? I am excited about thinking about summer and warm weather. You got me thinking about state parks too!

Blue- - Oh what a difference a day makes! I am glad you're on on a routine and schedule. I really think that for work at home folks that makes a huge difference. It is so easy to fritter the day away in mindless nothingness and the next thing you know it's over.
Is your Trader Joe still open?
I know you are not getting the touch of warm weather just yet- it's coming I swear!!!!!!!

NIC- Man oh man I hear ya on the re-entry. It took me a full week to feel normal after getting home from DE. In some ways I felt "gone forever" and in other ways I never left. It's funny that way. When you are in it (a new place) - everything is new and time flys. It didn't seem like I was "gone" 10 weeks. But coming home was sweet and took forever!!!!! That drive is brutal!

I am so glad though you had such a great opportunity with your chicks. You defiantly can look back on a situation and know there was some good times in it all!
Is your hubby all over you being home!!! HEHEHEHEH (wink)
Post when you are settled. I found that no matter how much you do before you leave you always have a mound of laundry to do when you get back!
----------------------------------------------------------------
I went to bed tired and exhausted and woke up refreshed and with an entirely different attitude.
I think one can only take so much of gloom and doom, before we adapt and start to find ways to cope and adjust and make the best of the situation we are in!

I actually felt a real excitement this morning about starting a new job next Monday! Or maybe it is my bank account clapping madly !!!! It is time for me to get back to work! I am also excited to learn a new specialty- Cardiac. Also I requested to not be a float but have a "home"unit I report to everyday. I like the idea of knowing what I am walking into. Plus I can learn the way the physicians roll in what the exceptions are regarding the patients. Just more stable.

I made plans last night to take a get away mid June. I am thinking by then this mess will be over, or at least hugely diminished. I think just making those plans lifted my spirits exponentially!!!!! Knowing there is an end game in sight!

Ya know this lock down, curfews, and job loses people are going through is just rough. I am not minimizing by any means what is happening. Nod to BLUE's son who like millions are suddenly out of work through no fault of their own.
I do think though there is SOME comfort to know we are not alone in all of this and we are resilient people. But through hard times is the opportunity to show some kindness and come together to get through.
It will make us stronger. I believe that. Is is FUN- HELLO no. Not when we are in it.

For me this has jelled an idea that I want to support more products made in USA. I sure hope this is a wake up call to be more resourceful in our families and in our buying power.
I do think that when we go back to "normal" It will not look the same.

When we went through 911 as a country it touched us all in one way or another. Our normal was never the same, but we adjusted and rebuilt. We lost over 3,000 people that day. I love the term "NEVER FORGET".
I like that for this situation to. Lets not forget how resourceful we can be.

The silver lining is people are more aware of hand washing! I love that for flu season as a whole. We are taking seriously that we should always have a few things always one hand- Just in case.
We should strive to keep a few dollars for emergencies. At the end of the day, we are responsible for ourself and our families. We should not bank on anything else.

I do think that it is a bit harder in an urban setting. Trig- has already been living this type of lifestyle for years. We all need adopt some of those skills for us city dwellers too!

Anyway, I was just thinking about all the take aways we can learn from this experience and turn them for good.
Fear is contagious, but so is strength, and positivity.

Anyway I am rambling this morning...........
I hear thunder and it has gotten very dark. I am sitting in the glow of my fireplace waiting for the storm I hear in the distance getting closer. I like to wake up in natural light and not turn on a bunch of lights in the morning. I open my patio blinds to let in light. Right now it is dark. We are supposed to have storms all day and sun tomorrow.

WOE- I have thigh/legs I will do a sheet pan chicken in a marinade. I have left over coleslaw and then I will pull off the left over chicken and have chicken salad tomorrow.
I had a good clean day yesterday and plan to do the same today. I just FEEL BETTER.

Positive thought: - be kind to yourself today! Self care. You are BEAUTIFUL ladies inside and out!
Look at some videos that make you happy, plan a long weekend for summer, find some places we can stay in savannah! Play some HAPPY MUSIC!!!!!!!
  #588   ^
Old Tue, Mar-24-20, 08:48

BF:

Trig we cross posted. - What store are you getting clothes from? I wonder if they are selling them online too?

AWESOME ON SMALLER SIZE!!!!!!!- Clothes of truth are so much better than a scale! You are proof!!!!!- Girl you will be rocking your shorts in a few weeks!
  #589   ^
Old Tue, Mar-24-20, 16:53

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all

Nic---I was afraid it might be a tough re-entry for you. You had some precious and halcyon days at that cabin w/your kids---I imagined looking at your pix that it would almost be easy to forget what was going on while there. While being home again has its nice parts, not as much when you know you have to be there most of the time.

I'm finding I can get one chore a day done if I'm lucky, and even then I sometimes stretch it out over hours. So good work on your freezer, at least there's that feeling of productivity when you're done. The other day I changed our sheets in stages, four hours from beginning to end, LOL.

Thinking of T and fingers crossed that somehow this thing passes in time for a last hurrah at high school. Senior day (do they still do that) and all that. Worse case scenario I'm thinking they could do the graduation this summer, oh God, let it be done by then! Not the same thought I know. How's he doing w/being "sheltered in place?"

Trig---HUGE congrats on pulling those pants off w/out needing to unbutton or unzip. I remember what a great feeling it was when that happened to me. HAHA, wouldn't try it now! Have a great time at the beach. Send some pix to those of hunkered down. Just to feel feet in the sand and look out over the ocean would be such a balm to the soul. Glad your back and S. nerve is doing better so you can enjoy more.

Lori---Sorry to hear about your eye. Good you have Dr. Google and sissy the nurse in the house or that might freak me out. Sounds like something that could just go away, but if it does get bigger, I would encourage you to see a doc. Know it's a bad time for a Doctor visit, but maybe you could start with a phone/zoom thing and hear what he has to say and if he thinks you need to come in.

I love that you are trying out these new box dinners, and getting some free ones along the way. Something to look forward to. Again, these days it sure is the little things. Hubby and I are going to start a new series tonight and I've been looking forward to it like we're going out.

To answer your question, no "known" cases of the virus in our building, but y'know, who knows? This dang thing can be asymptomatic for a long time before it "blooms." We do have hand sanitizer in front of the doors and elevators, and I use it going out and coming in. HAHA, I have also gotten quite good at hitting the elevator buttons w/my elbow---a talent I never knew I'd have a use for or excel at. :/

Jaz---Nice to hear you're starting to feel some good anticipation for your new job. Understandably you've had your share of trepidation, so it's nice to feel some excitement. Being a traveling nurse has its upsides for sure, but I think being on staff comes w/more respect from colleagues and a better chance to gain their confidence and grow your spot there. Well---that's my best hope for you, anyway.

Good that you're back on plan and feeling the nice clean way one does when one doesn't junk out on the carbs.

And yes, our TJs is still open, and getting much better. They now only allow in 40 at a time, which made shopping there so nice yesterday, and they are pretty much re-stocked and not looking like a heard of hoarders stampeded thru. Also when you walk in there is someone spraying down the handles of every cart as well as hand sanitizer at every counter. It made me feel a lot better being there.

We don't go anywhere near as often as we used to obviously, but when our list is long w/things we wish we had, over one of us goes. You pays your money, you takes your chances these days. Common sense will hopefully be enough, but I'll tell you, pretty hard to avoid ALL human contact. I mean someone touches that food all along the supply line, so what are ya gonna do?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I have my up days and my down days. Today was a down day. Very low energy. I hate that as all my life I've been a high energy person. And it's not the same as a "chill" day, a chosen day to lay around. Just felt blue.

So I got on the sofa and read most of the day. Thankfully I have a book I am REALLY into. Tonight we're going to start an Austrailian series called "Offspring." My pal loves it. If we like it there's like,5 or 6 seasons. Whooooopeeeeeee.

I guess today was just a less interactive day for me, one where I just needed to "shelter in place on the sofa" and let the world come to me thru book or show. I was so jazzed just a day ago, thinking "I've got this, I can make this work, even enjoy it! So much I can do! Now I'm starting to know what I've always known. Life is a day by day thing, and certainly more so now. Ups and downs and in-betweens.

Last edited by Blue52 : Tue, Mar-24-20 at 17:41.
  #590   ^
Old Tue, Mar-24-20, 18:45

BF:

Blue- a quickie.......... Take heart..... there is some break throughs on a hopeful treatment. The malaria and z pack.

My son woke up in such pain an unable to breath he called me in a major panic. He was going to be tested but they have turned him down 2 times. He was on the verge of ER and I told him to go to doctor and request X-ray, pack and steroids.
He got 2/3- no X-ray. they stated if he was not better in day to go to ER.
8 hours later he can breath. they gave him a shot of steroids and pill form as well/ as well as shot of antibiotics- and a script of pack.
within 6 hours his lungs have cleared he can breath.
Truth- I am almost SURE he has c-19. He has not been careful and he is a Asthmatic. He should have listened, but didn't.

He didn't want to go to the doctor today either. I came down on him so frekin hard. I told him I do not want to bury a kid. And I mean it.
don't be an ass. He went. Now he can breath I want to say...... hummmmm REALLY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! KIDS......... can't tell them jack.

Still feeling good for the most part. My TMG is causing some annoying ear ringing. Happens eve now and again. annoying and goes away after a bit. Not soon enough.

Rained all day. burned my food!!!!! Dam! Oh well....Meat loaf puck.... hahahahahah- chicken puck,,,,,,, hahahah- trash goes out tomorrow. I was cooking for several days and well- over cooked. I ate the puck chicken and it was ........ ewhhhhhhhh......

I even took temp- it registered over 200...... yea........ puck.... HAHAHAHAHAHAH

I didn't take a nap- and I am not tired. I need to chill with something to watch. I am going to find what Blue is watching.

BTW........ was checking out a date website........ not yet...... nothing that grabbed my heart to say yup

Take heart ladies......... this is not forever......... And sunshine on our face is not far behind!!!!!

LOVE YA
  #591   ^
Old Wed, Mar-25-20, 04:33

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Jaz......OMG.....how scary about your son! How helpless you must have felt being so far away. I'm so glad he listened and got help. Hope he continues to improve. I have heard that 80% of us are going to get it, it's just a matter of how sick we get. This wait and see thing is enough to drive you crazy.

I'm so worried that we are going to take it in to Betty, but what can we do? She needs us....especially DH. We are trying to be careful, but the more you read about how the dang virus can live on surfaces for SO long.....even your mail and packages! ARGHH!!!!

Sorry about your burned food.....how disappointing.

Blue....I think we all have those up and down mood days. I know I do! I guess we all just have to let ourselves "feel" and then move on as best we can.

Trig....yay on pulling down the capris without undoing the button & zip! I did that with my jean shorts when we were in FL.....good feeling, right? I hope you found some more sweats at the mall....I'm living in mine right now.

Nic.....how's it going? I know you have added stress with your senior trying to navigate his way thru the school year. What a strange time for all of us.

Another rainy day on tap for us. The finally peeked out yesterday afternoon around 2, so I changed my clothes and headed out for a walk. I only made it about 2 miles and then I was just over it. Some days are like that. Tomorrow is supposed to be nice and then all weekend and right into next week is rainy. Blech.

Not sure what I'll make for dinner tonight. My Green Chef box should come this morning and I'll see what 3 recipes get.....I picked them, but I forget! Some of the recipes include a lot of chopping of veg & herbs and I seem to have every pan and bowl in the house dirty! Most of them are very yummy and I have lots of time now to clean up.

Well, I need another cup of coffee and I'll catch up on the news. So far it sounds even more depressing than usual.
  #592   ^
Old Wed, Mar-25-20, 07:54

BF:

Blue will do some beach pics and send them. OMG I need the salty air
yea right? the slide down of button pants HAha haven't had that in a long while.

Jaz, glad your son is improving. there is all kinds of crud around so meds are helping him fix that so happy he is doing so much better.
It was Sears closing for good on those sweats Jaz. I spent $26 on a $90 amt of clothes. All good things to get me thru summer on shorts, a shirt or 2, sweats to live in....I did so great, all money saved gets me gas to the beach on this trip

Lori, surprise food boxes coming. Love it, you can't remember what ya ordered LOL I know you will be happy with it even if that bit of chop and cook means you have to work at it a bit for a good meal

We got the massive rain here also. annoying as heck~!

HI Nicco

So leaving Friday to beach. Massive storms thru the night, Tstorms put off me finishing off rv cause the rain was in buckets. I wasn't going in and out of the rv to the house to fill cause since we are on a non time limit for this fast trip, why bother LOL

So head out Friday and come home like Monday. We will not be stopping for food. All rv food. Won't do Tanger outlet mall as I thought we might, while they are open, why go there ya know Just beach, surf fishing, walking dog on beach with kid and indoor swim pool is enough. It will be like an isolation trip for us and will take precautions thru it all obvy.

MY BACK is so much better. That inflammation has gone and it just feels way more normal but now that 'good knee' that got nailed is wonky. No metal detect for me on this trip. Scared to walk too much on uneven sand so will just hit a lounge chair, fish with hubby, walk dog/swim with kid and have a very slow, easy, do nothing mostly trip, which I still need desperately

so today is blah, rain big but waiting for it to clear tonight and tomorrow is mom's house for shop/visit and then friday hit the road. sounds good to me
  #593   ^
Old Wed, Mar-25-20, 09:29

BF:

Good Morning-

Just got off the phone with the "kid"- he is feeling tons better. It's amazing what medicine can do! He said he feels really good! I am relieved he finally listened! Kids!!!!
Now he just needs to chill and recover.

Lori- I noticed that these is a lot of chopping and prep with the Green Chef box. I love cooking but the clean is a pain!!! Goes with the territory I guess.
You know I hear ya on watching the news. I had to unplug for a bit. Thing is it seems that things are happening and changing every day we almost can't just turn it off.
On the other hand there is only so much one can absorb day after day after day!
Ya I heard it can live on packages and cardboard. But also there is not one case that happened due to a letter or package. The risk for that is super low. Unless you LICK EVERY PACKAGE THAT comes your way!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I am impressed you got in 2 miles yesterday! I walk around the block and call it a day! I have to do better with that!
I am glad you are checking in with Beatty!

Blue-- Not only is life day by day and everything in-between, but sometimes hour by hour!
I think with everything going on if we weren't concerned or have both up and down days we would not be truthful. Either that or just not care about society. Of course we care about those we know and our towns and cities. Plus none of us truly know how this is going to play out.
I am glad to know though you are home, healthy, and safe. Sometimes just breaking it down to just telling your self you are going to be ok helps! Do you wear gloves when you are out?
Glad your TJ's has restocked! I love that store! My TJ's is about 20 min from me. I need to go and get some spices. I should go before I start work! I love the 21 spice blend. Plus it is CHEAP!
XOXOXOXOX

NIC- How goes it? Are your kids back home respectively? I know your hubby is happy you are home! I heard that your area of the country is a real "hot spot". Does your hubby go to NY at all? I would steer clear of there!
Are you happy to be home?

TRIG- I am wondering if you are "on the road again". I thought I had the gypsy heart. Your ranks right up there too! I could see me roaming the country in a rambling RV, pulling up in a spot and sticking around. When I have seen all I want, close up shop and find a new spot! Yup- If I win the lotto I will not be buying more homes. I would buy a huge glamper on wheels. Oh ya!!!!
I would spare no expense, the big boy with sliders and all!!!!

What state park are you looking at? Did you go?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I heard what T said yesterday that he wants to send everyone back to work on Easter.......WTH? I sure hope he is listening to his health advisors! That would totally fly in the face of what the NIH and CDC are recommending.
I do think that is is unwise that some states are laissez-faire in the approach while others are on lock down, that doesn't work. It needs to be uniform. That is just my thoughts............

NETFLIX- Have you all seen "Self Made"? It is about a 3 hour series based on a true story. I am about 2 hours in. It is about the first black woman millionaire and how she built her business. Not only did she meet resistance being black, but as a women as well. The story is set in the 1920's or 40's I can't remember. It is very interesting. Octivia Spencer stars in it- I like her. Something to watch.

I am going to head out here and head to the uniform store attached to the hospital. I was told that I could wear business casual with a white lab jacket, but the majority of staff wear scrubs. I have given this some thought. I do not want to wear my "normal" clothes into the hospital. I did in DE- but I don't want to here.
So I will suck it up and pay through the nose for some cute scrubs. The nice part of scrubs is I can take them off in the garage and dump them directly into the washer. Good scrubs are not cheap. I will get a little off for the hospital discount. That will be my "big outing"!!! HAHAHAHAH

I might stop by and pick up some romaine I am out. I need some olive oil as well. I wear gloves while I am out. I keep a stash of them in my car, as well as hand sanitizer. No mask. No running around. Just essential needs. I will not do carry out either. I don't know who has been touching my food. No thank you.

The sun is finally out! Everything though is so wet still after days and days of rain! It will be a few days before it dries out.

I got a call last night from the lady I met in DE and went out sight seeing with. She wanted to chat with a nurse. Her husband was admitted to the ICU in DE with C-19 and difficulty breathing. I spent some time talking her off the ledge. I told her to keep in touch and let me know how she is doing. I didn't tell her- but I am worried. They are in their mid 70's and her husband has not been well for a few years. Fingers crossed for her.

My lawn company informed me they are out of business and I need to find someone else. Insert eye roll here...........

WOE- It will be on plan stan. I am thinking chicken wings. They are thawed and love tossing them in my air fryer! I know not your think Lori! I try to not think about the fact I am eating a wing......

I am going to get out today and get in a walk. My tummy feels wonky today. I think it is everything going on with the DS- and the work start date- I am on the clock. NERVES.

One foot in front of the other. One day at a time.

Positive thought: we have this space to come to- we are in this together!
  #594   ^
Old Wed, Mar-25-20, 09:35

BF:

Cross posted TRIG- It has been raining buckets here too!
The bright orb in the sky is now out today!!!!!!!!!

Sears..... Hummmm I am going to check on line. I heard they were closing. I know I cleaned up with the Kmart store closing when I was in DE. I found a wind breaker- for 3 bucks- tops for a few bucks, jeans for 6 bucks. I am going to check it out!

YAY for you to get some quiet time away! Smart to not eat out I know you have your RV STOCKED!!!!!
Take your rum drinks and relax in your lounge chair!
What state park are you thinking about? Curious!

Thanks for the updates
  #595   ^
Old Wed, Mar-25-20, 13:03

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey Ho, all!

Lori- How is the eye today?

I think as long as you are practicing reasonable precautions, you are doing all you can to help Betty. She needs you guys. You all are so sweet to her.

Enjoy your new food box! Looking forward to hearing about it!

Trig- Congrats on being able to slip those capris on and off! Victory is sweet!

Glad you have a trip planned and also glad you are not going to be out mingling. Keep yourselves to yourselves!

Glad your back is so improved!!

Jaz- Glad you are excited to go and start your new job. I hope you like it and the people there as well. I was smiling about your bank account clapping!

VERY SCARY about your son!! I'm glad that he is doing better today. YIKES!

LOL over your puck chicken!

Blue- Yup I am so glad I had that lovely week in the mountains with the kids. It was amazing. Would not trade it and we will all remember it fondly as the calm before the storm, so to speak.

I definitely think the up day/ down day moods are going to be a thing for sure. For all of us. I guess slowly this will become normal, or at least more normal for us. I've been thinking of people who had to hide for the Holocaust, no use of lights, no talking, no going out at all etc. We are still very blessed. And of course it is completely different. but you know what I mean.

•••••••••

Like everyone, making the adjustment. Monday was pretty awful, yesterday much better. Today is good so far for the most part. I went out for the first time besides just taking a walk. Went to the grocery store. I was there by a little before 9 AM. Got two gallons of milk so now I will allow them to drink some. Not a lot but some. Got lunch meat, bagels, apples, potatoes, some other odds and ends. Stuff for making breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks for four, sometimes six. So we have our downstairs stash for if we get quarantined and our working pantry for upstairs that all can use freely, with grab and go foods, convenience foods, stuff I will use for making meals etc.

The store was in pretty good shape. I was surprised to see a little bit of ground beef bc I know that has been hard to find. There was also some different types of chicken. They had milk and eggs. No butter, two containers of cream ( I have some so did not buy.) No TP or paper towels. There weren't a lot of people there, but I also went to an out-of-the-way store located in a neighborhood that people tend to forget about.

Rainy today but odds decrease by late afternoon so I will get my walk in then.

DS18's work called today (the same CCRC that I work at) wanting him to come in and work in whatever department they have a need. I gave it serious thought and had him call them and tell them no. I just can't risk it. He would be around a lot of young people who may or may not be following the recommendations, and then coming home and exposing us all. I am supposed to be going to work with a newborn on Friday. I am worried enough about DH being gone daily and he is in an office alone. DS was good about it and didn't complain but I know he was disappointed. I know he would love a place to go and people to hang out with. I wish I could let him but I just cannot right now. Well, I can but I don't want to.

Governor and State extended the school closure to April 24th for now. This doesn't really effect Ds18 bc he is already doing online learning through his school. End of quarter is today and his grades are decent. His AP English is a C which I am not happy about, but all the rest according to him are As and Bs, and pretty high Bs at that. Good enough for the last part of Senior year, especially a senior year like this one.

That's about it from here for now. I'm reaching out to friends here and there, and friends are reaching out to me. I'll do a FT visit with my CASA kids tomorrow.

Hang in there everyone and stay well!
  #596   ^
Old Wed, Mar-25-20, 14:38

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

DS18 is upstairs working hard on music right now. I hear various bass lines for a while, then singing for a while, then parts of a song over and over again as he mixes it and so forth.

DS21 came down, on his way to the basement, and I inquired about DS18. "Oh, he's writing quarantine songs" was his breezy response as he went on by.

Okay then. LOL
  #597   ^
Old Wed, Mar-25-20, 16:31

BF:

Jaz, not doing state park...private campground. they chose to remain open so not even sure if SC state parks are open at this time, probaby not?? haven't checked.

Nicco...quarantine songs, omg too funny LOL

My stores are not bad here and I got so much in the house now in fact I am sick to death of stocking crap and more. I am so over it all right now LOL but I have enough to share with friends and mom etc if they need something.

remember I am a prepper type I got it all when I need it LOL

yea school...I don't know. Kid's school is closed til May 15 now. Online lessons. Told her to get this weeks worth DONE cause we leave Friday and all has to be submitted by end of week.
Hey school is what it is I guess.

hungry but don't know what I want. had small amt of ribeye and small amt of chicken. Now I am like hungry but what do I want? I have some pork chops but don't want them, maybe just a 1 lb. of shrimp....yea light and good......off to go cook shrimp.

Oh I asked kid if she was worried to go on the trip and she said no cause she aint leaving the camper other than to walk the dog on the beach....yea she will be on her 'puter and phone. Told her no sight seeing, no mall etc and she said she doesn't care and WILL eat what I bring, wow, that was nice to hear LOL

off to eat something...yum
  #598   ^
Old Wed, Mar-25-20, 17:19

BF:

NIC- Too funny about quarantine songs by your son!!!!!!! OK!!!! HAHAHAHAHAH

I heard a funny-
Top play lists for Quarantine songs:
1- All by myself
2- One is the loneliest number I ever hear
3- I am a rock I am an Island
4- Only the lonely
5- alone again naturally
6- Dancing with myself
7. Ground control to major Tom- space oddesy
8- owner of a lonely heart
9. Lonely people - by America
10- Are you lonesome tonight! - Elvis

I cracked up- give these to your kid to sing! He will get a kick out of it!

HA
  #599   ^
Old Thu, Mar-26-20, 06:31

BF:

cancelling trip, kiddo has period and is miserable LOL
my knee is blown out from the muscle when I almost fell with that sciatic nerve. I don't think I can even just walk the beach and enjoy it. I know metal detecting is out for me. Hubby says he don't want the virus HAHA

Not worth it in so so hot weather which isn't that hot for me. I think why pay to drive there and while beach is nice, I can't swim in it, I can't really sunbath cause it is sun/clouds and not that hot and then I think I can't go out to eat and I don't know, I am finding it more not worth than worth it now. Save money for better trip when everything reopens.

Definitely cancelled Toronto trip this year. Boo

Got 10 days at beach booked for June 6-15....that should be ok by then I would hope not cancelling that cause it is my only confirmed booked trip since we thought Canada this year I didn't bother booking other state parks for beach trips. oh well....do what we can when we can later.

So gonna just stay home and not bother.

off to mom's for visit and shopping at grocery store

nothing much doing....now I have to go unpack some of the rv stuff LOL

on the scale....another low on the scale by like 1/2 lb. Will take it but OHH so slow down the scale but that is ok....body composition is changing for the better etc.

Slow but sure on this zc way for me now.

So off to get moving to get ready to hit the road to moms and just do whatever around here while we wait out the storm of this crazy crap like everyone else.

we have a great sunny day tomorrow here tomorrow and Sat...in fact beats beach temps. here is 82 and 83 for high....the beach was 74 and 77 for highs.....so heck we are gonna beat the beach hots Gonna call Barb and hang at her inground pool and drink I think....oh yea....

over and out
  #600   ^
Old Thu, Mar-26-20, 08:09

BF:

Good Morning- I am up before I want to be. I went to bed late and just tossed and turned all night.

I was watching 9/11 You Tube videos before I went to bed. Why? I dunno- I was browsing turbulence in American History, of course 9/11 came up. Then I got lost in those videos. You know what blows my mind about that? There is an entire adult generation that never lived it!!!!! That blows my mind.
You know when I was watching those videos it was like it happened yesterday. LEST WE NEVER FORGET! -

Why you ask did I google it in the first place? Thanks for asking........ Well......I see that we are in a turbulent time right now.
Sometimes we learn about resilience from our past hardships. That is the message I took away from 9/11- and the same message I am going to hold onto because of what we are dealing with now!

TRIG- I see you in my mind rambling down the highway off to sit on your beach chair somewhere! I hope you enjoy your family time and have some much needed change of venue!

Lori- - I know you are up- Where are you gal!!!?????
Did you get your box yesterday? What did you make? I heard it is cold up your way! ICKKKKKK- Warm is coming!
How are things going in your area?
I know you are missing your Yoga!!!!! Have you found any you really like online or You Tube?

How is Miss Beatty doing? Does she understand what is going on? I'm glad you check on her.

NIC- I liked seeing a juicy post from you yesterday. I know I would not have let the DS go to work either. Unless it is an essential position he needs to stay home. I DO know how hard it is for these antsy kids to stay home. (ie.. my "kid"). It's just something we have to do right now.
I am glad you were able to rangle up some supplies!!!!! It is hit or miss here too!

I am surprised you are able to still do home visits to your CASA kids. You are the closest to DC/NYC - are you wearing a mask when you go to these homes?

Blue- - I am hoping you will post today! Let us know how you are doing. I think it's so important to maintain a sense of normal with each other especially now! Come as you are! Happy, sad, and everything in-between!
How is DS doing? I am happy to see the bill finally passed to support those out of a job. I have a friend here who also lost her job and will be filing!
How is that new show you are watching? -
------------------------------------------------------------
Yesterday I went to the uniform shop and dropped close to 300 bucks on scrubs. They are not cheap!!! Pants ranged from 30-40 tops too!
I told the sales lady I was shocked they were open. She told me that the hospital ask them to stay open as hospital staff are ditching everyday clothes for scrubs so they can take them off and toss them in the wash. Doctors normally wear regular clothes and so did my dept. But now nobody wants to wear their regulars clothes into that environment. So the scrub shops are making out! I was told solid clothes so nothing cute! Basic scrubs.

It is a gray day here again! Yesterday was pretty, but the clouds are back. However it is warm. I need to figure out how I am going to get this dime stamp yard cut. I either need to borrow my neighbors mower or find someone else. Meanwhile the grass is growing!

Woe- I will tell you I am really struggling right now. Seriously struggling. I have been so on plan for so long seeing no results. I will tell you and this isolation and gloom and doom makes me want comfort foods. I HAVE to reel this in. What I can't do is gain during this time. I was so upset to find my shorts are too small. I don't get it. Maybe it was because of that I was pushed to say F'it. I have been so diligent to grow out of my shorts is unacceptable to me.
Meanwhile TRIG- you are whittling down is a fine way! I sure tired that too. I think that .......... I don't know. I need to reboot. I can't out grow my new scrubs. Trust me they are snug. I refused to buy up a size. REFUSED!
I am still going to come here..... I am going to talk about it. The good, bad, and everything in-between. After all I know we all struggle here and there.
I am crawling back onto the LC train- just for today. I can only handle one day at a time right now.

Other news: DS is recovering from what I think is C-19, although he never got tested. He is on meds now and is day 2 on steroids and z-pack. I was worried - he can be stubborn like his father! They called his illness pneumonia.......... ya............ But happy he is recovering. Just as a side note he has been sick going on 4 weeks now. It has not been a quick recovery.

Anyone with a positive thought to share?

Stay safe!