Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-08, 08:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 254.4/221.2/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 32%
Default "Our Journey" off to good start...

At first my husband wasn't going to step on the scale. He wanted to measure his weight loss by the fit of his clothing, which seemed fine to me. Wednesday, he gave in and stepped on the scale...He then stepped on it again Sunday... 10 pounds!!!

I had stepped on the scale for the first time in weeks Tuesday, the day after we began...As of this morning... 4.6 pounds!!!

I'm not discouraged too much by the difference between my husband's weight loss and my own...Men lose more easily... I'm just glad we're there to keep eachother strong. On Saturday, my mother-in-law took Matthew grocery shopping. She was starving and had opened a bag of cookies. He called me to tell him that his mother was the devil (lol) and had pressured him into eating a cookie. One cookie was 10g of carbs. I told him he had been doing such a great job and not to eat anymore cookies...He didn't... That has been the only cheat by either of us.

I'm so glad we're in this together it makes it so much easier...I hope everyone had a great weekend.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-08, 09:55
Registered Member

Stats: 187/187/125.5 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress:

Wow, it sounds like you're both going about it the right way. and geez, it's times like stepping on the scale that i wish i was a guy lol.
also, how do you add that bit at the bottom of your post?
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-08, 11:03

Plan: my own
Stats: 253/176.0/153 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

WTG! That's an excellent start for both of you! I'm glad that you realize you shouldn't compare your DH's loss to your own! Men do have the advantage in weight loss, I'm afraid! So, keep your spirits up as you continually see him losing more!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-08, 11:53

Stats: 254.4/221.2/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by |caitlin|
also, how do you add that bit at the bottom of your post?

I clicked on someone elses and it brings up the link to set up an account. Once you complete the design and measurements for your bar copy the url it provides. Paste it in your "signature" section. To udpate it, simply go to the link and enter your pin number. Make the changes and save them. It updates automatically.