Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Wed, Mar-23-05, 15:25
Registered Member

Plan: LCHF/Atkins/Paleo
Stats: 308/250/175 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 44%

Amanda,

I wouldn't think a little mayo would hurt anything. Just make sure to stay under the 5 carbs a day total. I haven't had any problems with a wee bit of Hellmans which I need when I eat fish.

Jarcat
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Wed, Mar-23-05, 16:03

Plan: low fat/low cal
Stats: 135/134/115 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 5%

even though hellmans has no carbs in it?
  #48   ^
Old Wed, Mar-23-05, 19:15
Registered Member

BF:

I think it's just zero carbs per 1 tablespoon. It may start to add carbs after a couple of tablespoons. I'm not totally positive on this one. That's kind of how people run into the hidden carb dilema. Because it says zero carbs for one tablespoon but how much after that? Good question Amanda.

Jarcat
  #49   ^
Old Thu, Mar-24-05, 08:23

BF:

yeah thats true. i didnt think about it that way. So just to be safe i am going to count them. I actually started regular Atkins induction again to see how well i lose it it, but in a week or so if i dont see a difference then i am going to start the fat fast again. i wonder how we can find the answer to my question? oh maybe at Fitday! i bet if i put it in as like 4 tablespoons i will be able to see if it adds carbs or not. i'm going to do that right now. ill let you know.
  #50   ^
Old Thu, Mar-24-05, 13:01

Plan: South Beach/Atkins
Stats: 208/198/145 Female 62
BF:I/don't/know
Progress: 16%

[I think it's just zero carbs per 1 tablespoon. It may start to add carbs after a couple of tablespoons. I'm not totally positive on this one. That's kind of how people run into the hidden carb dilema. Because it says zero carbs for one tablespoon but how much after that?]

Hey Girls!

I agree, those hidden carbs do add up and when you cook from scratch like I do most of the time, its very hard to get a correct count when those labels say zero! Or worse I have no label at all, and all brands are different! I think I will try the Fitday thingy too, good idea! Some good news! Lost 1 1/2 pounds this morning! Down to 163! YAYYYYYYY! Now thats a number I have not seen in years! The lowest I ever got on this WOE has been 164, I'm psyched! I think I am finally beginning to see a pattern in my eating vs. weight loss! Dang its been difficult to figure this all out!...but I am getting there.....I MUST remember to write down EVERYTHING I eat and drink and make sure I record the CORRECT counts on each! Somedays I look over my menus and have no idea how I could have lost/gained on those days! I must have not recorded them correctly. I am gonna be better with it from now on, even write down WATER and Diet Sodas: ounces consumed and how many.....I think even if a food has no cal, fat, or carb values it must still count in the long run! Keeping the supps the same.....maybe I have finally got those correct! Whewww! This fast has definately helped me to figure out what to eat and what not! I think its because of the slim variety of foods I have been eating that I can finally pick out which ones cause stalls or gains! So glad I tried this! Thanks for all the help girls! We are doing it! K

[You know, I take Fiber Choice tablets - they work perfectly. The Metamucil, FiberCon, and Citrucel pills are only 1/2 gram of fiber per pill - and I find that I need at least 10 grams a day to really get things moving. But the Fiber Choice tablets are 2G each - so I take 6 every morning and by the evening time, I move like ate a 3 bowls of spinach . They are chewables - kinda big, but they dissolve quickly, they come sugar free, and their only carb content is the fiber in them - and they taste wonderful.]
Good to know Junyabell! I will pick some up at the grocers! Thanks!
  #51   ^
Old Thu, Mar-24-05, 14:11

BF:

fiber choice tablets. i will have to remember that. i just bought metamucil powder and its grose and does notta unless you drink more than what it tells you to. i am going to get me some of those tablets!
  #52   ^
Old Thu, Mar-24-05, 15:07
Registered Member

BF:
Smile

Good for you on your loss Karen!!! Way ta go!!

I'm down another pound this morning, can't beleive it. This is almost working too well for me. I'm worried that maybe I'm not eating enough and am going into starvation mode even though I'm never starved.

Question for you guys. Do you mind posting one of your daily menus for me just to compare. That would be great.

Thanks

Jarcat
  #53   ^
Old Thu, Mar-24-05, 19:59

BF:

anyone have problems eating salmon? i heard that you TOM will come if you eat it and i had a can of pink salmon today and now i have cramps even though my TOM was only 2 weeks ago!
  #54   ^
Old Thu, Mar-24-05, 20:06

Plan: Low GI
Stats: 285/230/170 Male 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 48%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda7373
fiber choice tablets. i will have to remember that. i just bought metamucil powder and its grose and does notta unless you drink more than what it tells you to. i am going to get me some of those tablets!

I think Metamucil only offers 1 to 2G of fiber per tbsp. But Fiber Choice are great. I may start taking them when I get home from work though because they work so well. It doesnt give you the "I just drank a bottle of Milk of Magnesia" effect - but it gets things moving if I take at least 10G a day (5 chewable tablets).
  #55   ^
Old Thu, Mar-24-05, 22:03
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda7373
anyone have problems eating salmon? i heard that you TOM will come if you eat it and i had a can of pink salmon today and now i have cramps even though my TOM was only 2 weeks ago!

That's another interesting question Amanda I've never heard of salmon doing that. I did have a big hunk of salmon the other night and didn't notice anything. I do know that when your diet is modified that your TOM can come and go at weird times. Mine certainly has. Let me know if you hear of more info about the salmon.

Jarcat
  #56   ^
Old Fri, Mar-25-05, 08:04

Plan: South Beach/Atkins
Stats: 208/198/145 Female 62
BF:I/don't/know
Progress: 16%

Hi! Congrats on your loss too Jarcat! Here is one of my menu's, most days are the same, especially breakfast. Lunch and dinner vary in meats. I am slowly adding carbs as in veggies, but not adding back fruits yet. K
----------------------------------------------------- Cal. Fat Cb Pro.
1 boiled egg -------------------------------- serving:4, 280 16 2 24
2 Eggs fried in 1 1/2 t. Smart Balance--------- serving:1, 180 12 1 12
1 sm. sausage patty--------------------------- serving:1, 50 4 0 3
1/4c. Lowfat Cottage Cheese ------------------ serving:1, 45 1 2 6
1/2 bowl Custard w/2%CC milk & SF syrup -----serving:2, 240 14 4 24
Peter Pan SF peanut butter, 2 T -------------- serving:1, 200 18 3 9
1/4 chicken breast, boneless, skinless ---------- serving:1, 70 1 0 14
Tossed Salad - 1 1/2c. ------------------------ serving:1, 12 0 2 1
1/4 bowl SF Jello ------------------------------- serving:1, 6 0 0 1
--------------------------------------------- Totals:, 1083 66 14 94
its all mixed up of course..lol...so here:
Breakfast: 3 fried eggs, sausage and green tea w/Davinci SF Cinnamon syrup
Lunch: cottage cheese, 2 deviled eggs, 1/2 bowl Custard
Snack: peanut butter
Dinner: chicken breast, tossed salad, boiled egg, jello
Snack: 1/2 bowl Custard
*note: I make my deviled eggs w/ vinegar & 1/2pkt. Splenda so I count them the same as the boiled eggs....and sometimes I have 3 eggs for breakfast so I just add an extra boiled egg to the count. It works out the same anyway. Gotta save some time, logging all my foods everyday is time consuming! Drat I forgot the salad dressing! So add 22 cals, 2g fat, 1.5 carbs for the Red Wine Vinagrette. Whewwwwwww, I am going back to bed!
  #57   ^
Old Fri, Mar-25-05, 13:20
Registered Member

BF:

That's great Karen thanks so much for doing that!!

I've included some celery slowly to start because of it being very low in carbs. I'm not too sure how this weekend is going to go however. My DH and I are going over to my folks tonight for Easter Dinner. My mom has been so supportive with us doing Atkins which helps alot. We will be having a little more veggies than the usual but that's fine, no sauces I told her though. She also said she bought us both tiny sugar free chocolate Easter bunnys which I may just give to DH (Give me strength). Tomorrow night we're going over to the in-laws place for din din and they're pretty good too with helping us. I don't think that I'll have any losses this weekend so I'll have to get crackin again next week.

Have a great Easter!!

Jarcat
  #58   ^
Old Fri, Mar-25-05, 14:03

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 276.4/266.6/200 Female 5'8
BF:I've got some!!!
Progress: 13%

I've done the Carb-Up/Refeed before and it worked, I had a whoosh the next day of three pounds!