Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 04:24

Plan: Eat Fat, Get Thin (Barry
Stats: 238/152/138 Female 67 inches
BF:50%/32%/24%
Progress: 86%
Question Bowel movements

Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place - I have a small query…

My bowel movements have never been normal and I would usually have the runs once or twice a month. I've went almost a month without this, and thought that was a good thing, but my bowels haven’t moved since last Sunday (2nd Nov), so that's now 10 days. I feel fine, I'm not bloated, I'm eating plenty, my weight is still going down, and I'm drinking plenty of water. The longest I've went before is 6-7 days, so this is starting to worry me.

When I do go, even after 6-7 days, it's never usually that much.

The thing is, I find it strange - where is all my food going to? Isn't fibre meant to go right through you? Could there be something else wrong with me? I had it checked out a few years ago and they just left it as irritable bowel syndrome and I regularly take Colpermin (peppermint oil capsules) and drink a few cups of peppermint tea daily.

I heard this week that taking a lemon squeezed into hot water can help - I've dont this 3 times since yesterday morning, with no luck obviously.

Sorry if I've made anyone a bit queasy!

Julie (age 22)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Dec-24-03, 04:45

Plan: Atkins - Modified OWL
Stats: 290/250/135 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 26%

Hmmm... are you eating enough veggies???? I wouldn't worry about it too much if you don't feel the need to go but I would try to add some more fiber or take a mild laxative
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Dec-26-03, 07:11
Plemorphist

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle II
Stats: 150/129/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:??%/??%/ 22%
Progress: 105%

You should have a movement, at least one, every day!! Make sure you're not eatting too much protein. Try skipping dairy for one week, eat only 4 oz of protein with each meal and have a veggie at every meal. Make one of them a big salad with fresh spinach. Also try no grains with the no dairy. Do this just for one week to see if there is a difference. I'm allergic to wheat and cereal grains. It causes all kinds of wierd bowel problems. Constipation for days the then the runs. Since I quit eatting them, I'm regular, except for when I don't eat enough veggies!! And don't forget the water!!