Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#2086   ^
Old Wed, Dec-02-20, 20:07

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all,

Will post tomorrow AM. I will have some extra time now bc DS22 just got a positive test result so we are all in quarantine for the next couple of weeks. Several of us have what I would call very light cold symptoms which I assumed was from the cold that several of us already had. Will share more tomorrow. Hugs!
Sponsored Links
  #2087   ^
Old Thu, Dec-03-20, 05:25

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Nic....sorry to hear about DS's positive result. Sure hope none of you get severe symptoms. This "thing" is everywhere and hard to avoid. Now it makes me wonder if what I thought was a sinus thing was more than that? Sigh.....who knows? We just do the best we can. Keep us posted!

Jaz...what sauce do you put on your sloppy Joe? When I used to make it, it involved ketchup/mustard/sugar etc. Just curious.

I hope you have a nice visit with the Littles. Will you be mostly outside, or is the weather still cold?

Nice to have your Christmas shopping finished. Mine will involve going to the ATM at some point. I do have to get some candy for the boys. Candy & cash...easy!

Trig....how did the run to Walmart go for hair dying supplies? Sounds like you have a project to remove one color and add another.

--------

DH is hunting again. This is Day #6 in a row. Sigh.....It is very cold this morning for him to set out. He loves it. I worry about his mental stability Joking, but

Same old, same old for me. I'll guzzle down some coffee and then go check on Betty. I'll get out for a walk this afternoon as it's supposed to get up near 50! Woohoo! I did all my laundry yesterday, so nothing else to do today but figure out something for dinner. I have a couple tenderloin steaks to make, but with DH getting home so late, it's a pain to plan dinner. I may make my steak whenever I get hungry and then throw his in a pan whenever he gets home. I'm trying to go with the flow and not stress about it. It's only food, and no one will go hungry around here.

Hope it's a good day for everyone!
  #2088   ^
Old Thu, Dec-03-20, 08:11

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori, yea I hate that feeding others stress LOL we want them to have a good hot meal but when the timing isn't known, it can drive one nuts but like ya said, you got food and can make something fast so? yea drop that stress fast

walking in the nasty wind huh? omg girl I applaud you. I couldn't take a second out in that wind. Glad you are getting out there, important for any change out of the house for sure!!

Nicco, sorry on that testing positive. Good thing is so many never even know they have it, very mild to nothing symptoms so hoping everyone gets the good end of the stick here! I think so many have it now but getting thru it in good shape. But when positive ya gotta watch being around the way more elderly etc. but of course you guys know all that

Saw on news that quarantine is gonna be lowered by CDC to 7 to 10 days cause that is more than enough for it all to go down so that could help alot of people get thru it too I guess.

Jaz, yea don't worry too much on work crap now. Thing is day after Xmas people start to seriously hire, right now in holiday time things just get sluggish so you will be fine.

cold as crap here. omg. if this is winter cold NOW and it gets worse, heaven help me HAHA

I am waiting for one last delivery gift and done. I bought like nothing this year. Hell no one needs anything anyway

hey all
everything good
heading to moms. too cold for her so stopping at grocery to get her list and take it to her. Then she wants a car drive to Wendys to buy their chili thru the drive thru. omg. her wish is my command LOL

hubby driving to Atlanta for car work.

kid sleeping and just leave her alone. have to keep pushing for her to do the damn school work. can we say major pain but with 1 kid and her being not too bad, I got it made cause I can't even imagine for others on this school stuff!!

zc going very well. I 'feel a drop' coming. I just am eating steak, chicken, shrimp and burger mostly. Nothing else. Dropped cheese unless I do a cheeseburger and heck I don't eat those as much. Need to get me some nice pork ribs. Yum. got a hankering.

over and out and be good all!
  #2089   ^
Old Thu, Dec-03-20, 09:20

BF:

Howdy ho everyone! Hope you are all doing well.

Jaz- Getting the CGM (Trig- it's a continuous glucose monitor) just for curiosity's sake. I want to see how my body reacts to different foods etc. It's a 14 day one. I am not borderline, just curious.

You asked about the vaccine- well, I guess I'll see how it even pertains to us as far as who tests positive and has some degree of natural immunity etc. I would be reluctant to go be first in line, I can tell you that. I would still likely get it but not immediately.

Sorry you never heard about the job but like you said, if they can't be bothered then you probably don't want to work for them anyway!

Very exciting about St Simon and even more so that you can pay for it with the money you got from Wall Street. That is fab!

Trig- We have not had to pay for the tests. I don't know if insurance does or the state or what. Our state has been really encouraging frequent testing.

LOLOL Fence Watch 2021. You read it here first, folks!

Your Mom is so cute. I have developed affection for her through the years. You are your mother's daughter!

Lori- Great job getting out and walking! It is supposed to be a high of 53 today so maybe I'll get out and walk too. I dunno. We'll see. Not sure how to play this quite yet!

Hope your DH enjoys his hunting day. It is good that he has something to do that he enjoys!

•••••••••••••

Well besides the obvious news I posted last night, there is nothing much to report. No one is feeling badly and knock on wood it stays that way.

Meanwhile, I have a couple of things to cancel that were on the calander for next 2 weeks and will make good use of this free time to do some things around the house, get gifts wrapped etc. Seeing the positives in it as much as I can. We assessed risk, rolled the dice and now we will deal with the outcome.

Hugs!
  #2090   ^
Old Thu, Dec-03-20, 17:13

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Afternoon!

NIC- Geeze, I hope I am not overstepping bounds here. BUT........
While you still feel good: 50 MG Zinc, Vita C, Mussinex plain Extended and MAX strength, Turmeric. Start NOW! - also have broth, and some form of electrolyte replacement.....
Also get soups, and frozen food in freezer that requires no prep.

I say all of this in love. I am hopeful that you and your family skate by. Days 5-8 are the worst. Start the above now- It won't hurt you. Take the Zinc with food and turmeric as well.
I take an all purpose "prenatal vitamin because it has all but the turmeric in it.

Of course plastic plates and plastic ware for DS22 is a no brainier. Lastly don't forget to replace the toothbrushes!!!- That is the thing people forget.

Again- abundance of caution and out of love and hopefully you and the family are one to have it ever so mild! Exhaustion= prepped food. When my son had it he said walking across the living room was almost more than he could do.

Please keep us posted!!! Do you have a pulse ox finger monitor? Sometimes you might get lucky and a drugstore might have one.
It took me over a month last summer for one to come via Amazon.
Again- fingers crossed!!!!

Lori- another day of hunting huh? urghhhhhhh
Sloppy Joe- Mine is a little of this and that........ hahahah
Mainly- a tablespoon or two tomato paste depending on how much beef I have, mustard, dill relish, garlic powder, wostershire few drops, and salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes, and onions, garlic.
If I have a red or green pepper I will had a few pieces- not a lot.

Awesome on you getting out and batting this cold weather!!!!! Bundle!!!!

How is Betty doing in all of this? Is she used to being alone?

Trig-I love that your mom knows what she wants when she wants it! Boy the apple doesn't fall far with you!!!! HAHAHAHAH You are a gal that knows what you want!

I don't know what to tell you regarding the home and doing school online! 2020- Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhh just ONE more thing!!!!

Looking for another drop- GIRL you are wasting away to a whisper!!!!!!!! I still wanna see a new pic from you! Pick an outfit from the kids closet and take a hottie pic!
When I was at goal weight the kid was shopping MY closet!!! HAHAHAH-
One day I bumped into her in Forever 21- yea me in my 40's- shopping in a teen store, we drove separately! IT was very funny. Of course came the eyeball from her as she was there with friends and her MOTHER was there! We still laugh about that- oh the days of being thin!!!!!

Today was a stellar Carnivore day for me. No veg at all. Not because I didn't want it. Too tired to care. So I just ate what was ready, and I feel good!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Kids came today. All healthy and over 21 days from the flu they had. We drove separately just to be on safe side to the zoo they have here.
It was a little zoo and decked out with lights, and blow ups!! It was pretty and FREE!!!!
Then we took a trail, and after that ended up in the town square to see the tree all lit up. So very pretty!

So just about everything I ordered from Amazon came is and going back. I boxed it all back up and will take it to Kohls tomorrow. It sorta negates the entire shop from home when you have to take it to a store to return!
Anyway- I was hugely disappointed. I usually have good luck with amazon.

So my Ex.... is doing really poorly. Both of my kids are beside themselves because my EX refuses to get treated and is having difficulty even breathing at this point. He has always been super stubborn. He almost lost a leg had it not been for me when we were married. That is another post, not worth writing. But long story short- he is so SOB and can't get out of bed.
Problem is- if we were still together his arse would have been to a doctor days ago. His new wife doesn't believe in healthcare either and she is even sicker. She is younger but a smoker and overweight.(no offense to smokers or those of us overweight!!!), or with high blood pressure or , or , or , or , or, ........That can be problematic. BUT not my issue.
I feel for my kids. DD ask me to pray her daddy doesn't die. What do you say to that?!?!-

Really taking December and using this time to.....how to put this. Really take care of myself. I have sorta allowed things to get loose. Eating, relationships, working out (ha yea.... seeing if still reading), but I need to get back to a healthy center. I have allowed someone to walk all over me and and it hurt.
I let boundaries down and I paid. Now I need to put myself back. It's really hard ya know when those that are supposed to be the ones that love you stabs the hardest.

So......... rebuilding me. I wish I really was such a hard arse that crap didn't affect me, but it does. Time to recenter. Find my focus, and my true purpose. I feel I have been hit twice. COVID/Relationships-
Covid hit my job/ relationships hit my heart.

Speaking of Jobs: formal interview 2pm next Monday- Zoom. I wish I was excited about it. I will be by that time!

100% Carnivore today- not planned, just happened.
AWESOME day with my kids! That was the HIGHLIGHT of my day. Nothing takes the place of baby arms around your neck! Sigh.....Oh those littles............ - just grew a size!!!!! HAHAHA

Last edited by Jaz66 : Thu, Dec-03-20 at 22:09.
  #2091   ^
Old Fri, Dec-04-20, 05:20

BF:

Good Morning!

Another day.....me here at home, DH in the woods. He is really getting into hunting this year. They go to a different place than they used to, it's closer and the guys who own the land have built tree stands that are quite elaborate. One of them they call the Taj Mahal. It has a swivel recliner and everything! DH has a little heater that he takes along.....no wonder he stays there all day, day after day! Another week of deer season and then a week or so after Christmas they can hunt again using different types of guns....Muzzleloaders? I don't know..I'll just be glad when it's over.

---------

Nic.....hope your family continues to feel well. No other positive tests among your family? Take care!

Jaz...Thanks for sharing the pics! So cute. I'm glad you had a nice day at the little zoo. I'm sure the kids loved it. DH & I have started taking extra supplements to boost our immune systems. Vit C with Zinc, B Complex, Vit D and a couple others that I read about. Like you said, I figure it can't hurt.

Trig....Hope Mom is doing well. I went to Wendy's for Betty yesterday too. She wanted a baked potato, of all things. Usually she wants a bacon cheeseburger.....which is what I may get her today.

-------

Just watching the weather forecast to decide whether I'll go outside for a walk today. I probably will. Just add another layer.

Have good days!
  #2092   ^
Old Fri, Dec-04-20, 06:42

BF:

Lori that is wild your Betty is a Wendys lover like my mom LOL
Oh yea hubby's tree stands are very important, all those hunters they are mini houses to them and yes they can be very nice....sounds like you DH got a great one!

yes layer up cause darn if it ain't a tad chilly out there right?

Nicco....oh you guys will be fine. the younger adults come thru good plus your family is a healthy lot too and your immune system is beefed up thru healthy eating also so I bet you guys come thru in good shape. So many get this and have almost no reactions etc so hope you guys are those and ya will be!!

Jaz really sorry to hear about your Ex. Just listen with sympathetic ears from everyone concerned. that is all you can do. No one can force an adult to do anything truly, especially medical issues ya know. Let it go down as he wants it to go down. When asked for a prayer, well ya give just that and again, let others just live their life but shake your head thru it all if ya disagree with the actions. that is truly all we can do. Sending prayers tho for some recovery time and things improve!!

all this crap DOES effect you. I am a hardcore hard azz type personality mostly and it effects me for sure, I just deal with it in MY own way ya know and it helps me get thru all the BS of it all. So find your outlet to deal with it and come to terms with things and be at peace with things.....again, hell that is all any of us can do in life. Too much tragedy and illness and death and crazy times and situations and relationships and more, we must find ways to put it all in place within ourselves. You will be ok finding ways to deal and let it out and move on. We all have to do that

Hey all
eating is lowering right now. I go from ravenous to middle eating ground which I hold at alot of the time and then I hit lower eating. I am hitting lower eating....just not hungry, satisfied big time, nourished well and don't require food and that helps me thru the holiday season. Being in lower eating mode right now means no food is catching my eye right now, I like that.

I am pizzed at King Crab prices. omg so high. I can't swing a bunch of those and even Snow crab I ain't finding around my area right now.....my area is infused with Dungeness crab and I am not a fan of those.....yea crab legs I take very seriously HAHA

today is this and that.
hubby home last night around 11. New Ford truck blew leaf springs and something else while driving and him and other driver guy had to stop and set up repair and then wait on another drive to bring them home and he said OMG this trip to Atlanta was a nightmare one, but he said other driver was a cool guy so they actually had a 'fun trip' for what it was LOL

he is off this morn to take paperwork in

kid sleeping

me, not sure. maybe nothing. maybe later a few rums? I am bored so maybe drinking a little will help in early evening? Hey maybe a rum drink for breakfast

yea bored. I will clean something I am sure. Have to hit up rv for few things to pack for trip but no big pack this time so that is good. Will shop Sunday for rv meats etc. before trip so today might just be a 'whatever the hell I want day' and stay home and chill. Geez ain't that a change for me HAHA

be good all
  #2093   ^
Old Fri, Dec-04-20, 12:39

BF:

Walk report:

3.2 miles
1 hr. 4 min.

Just a nice little amble. It was in the 50's, which I was not expecting. It's getting cloudy now, so I think I got out there at the best time.

I waited until after my walk...around 1 o'clock, to eat anything(eggs). The only thing I had this morning was a couple cups of coffee with a splash of cream. I'm really going to try to have a 4-5 hour eating window most days.

For dinner I'm going to fry a tenderloin steak. DH will have his whenever he shows up. I have to go up to Betty's around 3 as her visiting nurse is coming to check a contusion on her leg. I think it's healing nicely, so it should be a short visit. She whacked it on something last week and we had her nurse come then because she doesn't always heal very well. We kept it bandaged with antibiotic ointment for the first couple days, but it's looking good now.

That's it for my day. Hope you all have a good start to your weekend.
  #2094   ^
Old Fri, Dec-04-20, 12:55

BF:

Hi all!

Thanks Jaz for your input. I appreciate it and take it in the manner of intent- helpful and kind! I am adding in zinc and vitamin c- those should come in a day or two. We also have a grocery order coming but not much in the way of pre-prepared food. We'll go that route if we have to.

We do have a pulse ox, thermometer etc. Luckily I was well prepared.

Sounds like you had a great time with DD and the kidlets. Fabulous! How are you liking Athens? Have you been getting out and about much?

Bummer about the stuff you got on Amazon. You do have to be careful on there now it seems and pay close attention and read reviews.

Hugs and more hugs over your ex and your poor kids being worried, and even more so to you and your 2020 with the job and also your sweet heart. I'm sorry it has been such a rough year. I love the idea of you rebuilding. Like a phoenix, and even better than before!

Is the job interview with the same company that you had mentioned the other day?

Lori- It does sound like your Dh has some fancy hunting digs for sure!

We are getting rain today- are you?

Trig- I think you are hitting the point where you need to do Drunk Cleaning. Clean something and earn a shot of rum! Could make cleaning way more fun!

I would like the driving aspect of your Dh's job but the fact that sometimes people are in the car with him would be a deal breaker for me. Leave me alone! lol

•••••••••••••

Things are fine here. Happy to report that DS18 and I both got a negative test result back. He feels fine and I feel mostly fine- just mild throat congestion which could be from my cold or a new cold of some kind. Who knows. We've all had a cold of some sort over the past several weeks. No result yet for DH and K and B but expected in the next day or so.

Meanwhile I have folks in their respective corners and reserve the kitchen and main level family room for myself.

DS22 has no fever, pulse ox 99, only symptom is mild lightheadedness but otherwise good to go. Hopeful that it stays that way. We are guessing he is around day 7 or 8.

Not much else to report as my calendar is clear and we are in quarantine. Just chilling!
  #2095   ^
Old Fri, Dec-04-20, 12:56

BF:

My thing loaded in slowly today. Are you all experiencing that? We may need to think about a new thread soon if so.
  #2096   ^
Old Fri, Dec-04-20, 14:45

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by niccofive
My thing loaded in slowly today. Are you all experiencing that? We may need to think about a new thread soon if so.

I haven't noticed any speed issues, but I'm sure it's about time for a new thread. I was hoping we could make it to January so we can have "The 2021 Edition"!!

If it continues to be slow, we'll have to switch early.....no worries.
  #2097   ^
Old Fri, Dec-04-20, 17:52

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Hey ladies I just got up from a wonderful Morticia afternoon nap! It was pouring cats and dongs and a few bears in there with the noise.

I got up to a grey day and then napped after my 2:30 OMAD- oh yea!

NIC- I am so glad to hear that you all seem to be fairing well!!!!! You may need another test before this THING runs it's course. But overall, you sound GREAT!
I am glad my suggestions were taken well. I try my best not to butt in with medical suggestions. Not my bag, but of course I care and nothing I said could not be found on Google.

Happy to hear that all is quiet. How is DH doing? IS he ok too, and able to work from home?
Are you tired at all?

I notice as we move along the thread does get sluggish. I remember last year, it took a light year to post. Then Lori got us started you barely touched the button and boom- posted.
HAHAHAHAHAH

Trig- Ya, I hear ya on crab. I have a bag of king daddy legs in my freezer I m guarding!!!!!! HAHAHAHA. I wanna be careful with those and make sure I don't waste them for sure!!!!
I did notice this batch though is SO SO SO salty!!!!!

I love Wendy's chili! I have to have it about every year or so...... I rarely need or want it, but when I do!!!! I usually pick out the beans. But I know they toss some sugar and garbage in it so I eat it rarely. I can't tell you the last time I did take out or a fast food place.
Maybe it was on the way back from St. Simon- I got hamburger no bun and burped the thing for a day! GROSSSSSSSSSSS
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Rma with your mom. She seems like a sane lady.

So you are getting ready to pack it up and head out!!!!!!!! That put a huge smile on my face!!!!!!

Lori- - I went back and ready your post!!!! Good Golly Miss Molly!!!!!!! (remember that song!) You are hitting that pavement!!!!!

I am happy to hear that Beatty have a nurse that checks on her too! Does she know we love her too!!!!!!! We have adopted her.

Steak tenderloin,,,,,how does one make that?! Is is breaded?

Hey how is that hamstring?!- your arm?!?- I am hoping al is mended. Those injuries take forever to heal! My PF gave me a shout out today from yesterday, but not as bad.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
email.
  #2098   ^
Old Fri, Dec-04-20, 20:35

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

I have spent a lovely cozy time reading back about 8 or 9 pages here trying to get to where, honestly, I left off when things got overwhelming for me. And I just have to say, holy moly, you guys are funny. I wish I could share everything from ever one of you that made me laugh out loud. Suffice to say, I feel you guys all around me right now, and how much I've missed you. Here goes my personals, fair warning that some things I say may be old news here, but were news to me.

Nic---Well, exception to what I just said---your news is not old. Sorry to hear it, but sounds like your son has not contracted what they call "a heavy viral load." Did he have the nose swab? Seems that is the most reliable---other tests seem to have more false results.

Still, quarantining everyone to their own corners is no easy thing, more on that below. Will be looking for up dates from you with fingers crossed. You sound pretty chill about it, so I'm glad for that.

Also---so glad you're giving up the doula thing for now. That is what I'd call a truckload of stress in these times---always wondering if you're bringing something into someone's house, handling and loving up those babies. It will be there for you when THE THING passes, because you are so talented and good at it---I think you'll always have that business when you want it.

Jaz---My fave news from you is that you're going back to your happy place, St. Simon! Y'know, I just have a feeling that once you get there again, things are going to start to fall into place for you. I so remember how happy and contented you were there, and I'm thinking it showed you a lot about what you want out of your life. LOL, not that we get to sit around all day and soak up the sun and sand, but that I remember how much "life energy" you had when you were there. Thinking being there again is going to get your mojo going to whatever is next, whether it's being able to find some kind of job there, or the peace and happiness and energy to find out where "there" is for you now.

Lori---Oh man, when you say, as you did a couple pages back, you were feeling a little blue, I truly know that the Co-Vid is touching all of us. Because I don't think I've ever heard that from you in all these years.

But I don't worry too much about you, because I know you'll be on to your next physical challenge, no matter what---some new work out plan. Ha. Everything I'm bad at, but which is probably why you stay so even keeled! Have said it before, will say it again, I so admire that about you.

And last but not least "scarecrow," (I know you get this Trig) another wow of news for me. the kiddo will be on line till next year. Well, on one hand, that will have it challenges for you. But on the other hand, kind of knowing the kiddo you've described, I feel like this might work for her. She's had a taste of it from last year now, and probably figured out some stuff. She also seems to me very independent school wise to me, and often kind of bored with it.

The challenge like for all kids, is the important social part of things, but these days kids have so many paths to communication without actually being there. Plus, I think she has her best friend in the whole world right there for here every day. Sniff. So sweet, your relationship with your daughter.

Also, girl you just impress the heck out of me with your stalwart commitment to your woe, even in these times when one way or the other, most of us have struggled. In my reading back I read a thing about I think the dentist (?) who could not believe how much weight you'd lost!!! I'm sure that's not a singular happening for you these days. And I absolutely love it for you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, it's continued to be a challenging time for me, as well as everyone else. There have been some good and beautiful things that have happened, and also some gnarly ones.

This last Tues. hubby went for his yearly physical, they shot him with the temp gun, and he had a fever. They did it twice and once it was 99 and once it was 100. So, exam cancelled and he got it up the schnoz, LOL. Because of the TG holiday, results were slow to come back---about 2 and a half days, which he spent in our guest room, and we both got crabby trying to avoid each other.

We were not really overly worried because he had no symptoms and from the minute he came home from the Doc's and took his own temp, through those next days, he was normal. But Eyeore here still had to worry. YAY, he was negative.

You guys, I just really don't want him or me to get this thing. Yes, we are on the older side, although I don't think of it that way most days. And honestly, I feel like he'd make it thru THE THING ok, although one never knows. I OTOH am kind of terrified of getting it because for my whole life every virus I've ever gotten has hit me pretty hard---same was true of my mom---and this is the mother of all viruses. Worst thing is it hits everyone differently, and you just never know.

So for now, so grateful he was negative. Still we are, by our own choice, in virtual lock down. EXCEPT for the fact that we've had a pretty stunning November, save for the first week of it,, and we were able to meet w/friends outside now and then, but that is no doubt nearing its end.

As winter closes in, we aren't going to be taking many chances. SIGH. We have already come to the very difficult decision that we will not be seeing our son over the holidays. Didn't for TG and won't for Xmas. Thankfully he not only understands this, he is leading the band on it. As he said to us "you guys are my North Star, and I want you there when this is over." SNIFF. SNIFF.

Oh, so many more things I want to say. You know your Blue, it's nothing or too much.

XOXO
  #2099   ^
Old Sat, Dec-05-20, 05:24

BF:

Good Morning!

YAY! A lovely long post from Blue! It made me smile first thing this morning just seeing that you had posted....even before reading it. Thank goodness for a negative test result for DH after what I'm sure was a super tense few days. Whew! I so loved what your son said about you guys being his North Star....brings a tear to the eye. This is going to be a long, lonely winter for all of us.

Jaz....you asked about my tenderloin steaks...it is Filet Mignon, about an inch or so thick and so yummy. Sauteed in olive oil and butter, no breading...OMG....made them last night and so, so good.

You also asked about my shoulder and hamstring. The shoulder still has limited mobility and probably always will. I don't really notice it too much anymore. The hamstring is another matter....sigh....as a matter of fact, I woke up with severe pain down the back of my leg in the middle of the night. That was a first. I think all the walking this week has it a bit fired up. I really thought it was feeling better, but it reared it's ugly head last night and I still feel it this morning. I get a massage on Monday and she'll give it a good workout.

Nic....so glad for negative tests for you and DS18 and glad that DS22 has no severe symptoms.

Trig...So, did you have the rum drink for breakfast yesterday? Why not!?

Sounds like DH had quite an ordeal trying to deliver that truck! Imagine how the guy feels who was waiting for his new truck! To hear that your $$$ vehicle blew up on the way to delivery! Yikes!
------
I'm going to head out early for the grocery store. I'll get there around 6:30 and be on the way home by 7. Perfect time to go. Then it's home to have another cup of coffee. DH went hunting...AGAIN. He said he'll be home early today. I'll go see Betty between 9 & 10 this morning. Yesterday she had already made her own toast and was all set. Her mobility is very poor, but I think it's important that she gets up and moves around a bit. She uses a walker and shuffles along. It is amazing that she doesn't fall. She has peripheral neuropathy and her lower legs and feet are really bad...poor circulation etc.

I'm going to try to get out for a walk at some point today. It's going to be chilly, but not too bad. Listening to the "Wellness While Walking" podcast really passes the time while I walk.

Ok...time for me to head out to the store before the masses descend.
  #2100   ^
Old Sat, Dec-05-20, 05:58

BF:

Lori glad you are enjoying your 'daily amble'....that is great you are getting out and about!

yea my mom is like Betty. Small bump and boom, big skin tear. Moms skin is so transparent and thin it is crazy at that age. Little bumps and bruises can turn into trouble fast, glad hers is healing well!!

Hope your tenderloin was delish yesterday!

woke up with severe pain from that hamstring? wow, you got a bad one there Lori that is gonna definitely take a good long time to heal. I tell ya muscles and tendons etc...when wrecked are just long time healers. You baby that thing best ya can

and yea if we can hold til Jan for new thread that would be cool.....but if everyone is having troubles we can do it, but so far my speed is ok actually.
I will follow whatever you wanna do on that, you are our thread leader

Nicco, you are one good quarantine person, cause you got the kitchen and main living area! Smart lady!!! So glad all is going ok for you guys!!
CDC is lower quarantine to 7-10 days from the last thing I saw on it all but you guys will rock thru it all in fine shape!~!

drunk house cleaning? sounds like a darn good thing to me HAHA
hey with you doing 'skivvy darn near naked cleaning' just add a drink into your hand and you can join me

Jazz, I am coming to steal your crab legs!! Snow crab prices are bad enough, omg did ya see the King crab prices? Knock your socks off. Only the elite can buy those things now, well hell I ain't elite enough for like $30/lb. ugh----and you got King in the freezer, ok girl, Wall Street pros can buy King you rich person you HAHA

Blue I was shocked to see a post from ya....I figured near Xmas you would pop in and say happy holidays around that time Glad you showed up earlier than I was thinking.

So happy DH was negative and I get you on not wanting it. If DH would be ok thru it but you know you....you know you go down with viral things, yea I would put my health up there too and protect it like you are doing. We all know us ya know, what we could handle at any stage in our lives and if you are there, I sure get how you are handling your situations.

cool your son is ok with no holiday but I know you will be 'zooming' with him At least that beats a regular old phone, to see the person is cool, feels more like a real visit ya know....so zoom away with him LOL

Sounds like you are coming around for the holiday and zipping up a bit and I bet you decorated your house nice and cozy and cheerful! Did ya decorate up the outside porch yet like ya did before? Just surround yourself with the good stuff and smile as much as you can best medicine for all of life's PIA times

hey all

I felt icky last night. hot and cold. blanket on and off. hands like ice. toes freezing LOL Big monster rain like Jaz got...omg. Pelted the house hard and this super damp, colder icky cloudy dull dreary weather is nailing me.

feel better this morning but moving very slow. not sick sick at all, just blah.

I did try to drink a rum drink yesterday. I made a nice tall one but wasn't into it and only drank about 1/2 and dumped it.....it didn't float my boat. I gotta be in the mood big time to booze it up anymore and my party time feeling, ah, it just wasn't there LOL

taking today very easy and slow. can't be icky for leaving on Tues for the mts. MOUNTAINS! gonna freeze my azz off ya know HAHA

so today is chill and hubby off to driving work and kid will sleep til 12 at least....eh usual sat. around here.

holding zc eating. I am zc and zc is me now. Maybe that is key to it all.....get the darn time under your belt on any eating plan that suits ya, hang on for dear life and 'set it as a habit and normal lifestyle' and it all works well? I mean it was years for me to 'change my habits' and 'wants' LOL But so far so good but I never think for one second I couldn't go on an epic carb binge of biblical proportions, cause I could!!!!! I feel 'safer' on plan but believe me I know my 'safe' is an illusion too. I must work my plan every day like everyone else. But right now feeling a bit icky means I should be ok for a few days of no cravings Cravings are very much lower and all on that, but like I said, I have to watch me like a hawk. But overall it is a good feeling on my eating plan vs. struggle like hell every minute type thing, so I am cool with that.....but again, I have to watch me cause I know me LOL I ain't fooling myself that I couldn't dump back to my old time love of my crappy food. I could and I know I could cause I have done it before LOL
ok, enough ramble on that stuff

over and out and be good everyone!