Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Dec-30-09, 23:07

Plan: Aspiring Paleo
Stats: 144/136/127 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 47%

Quote:

I imagine running takes up more time than P90x ever would, with far less benefit.

You know, you're probably right. However, running is something I do because of the way it makes me feel. But I sure wish it made me thinner! LOL I can only imagine that P90x would drastically improve my stamina, running, etc.

I am really starting to think about this...
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Dec-31-09, 05:15
Registered Member

Plan: Unsure
Stats: 175/175/160 Male 5'9"
BF:
Progress:

Awaldron,

Just go for it. There's a 60-day money back on it if it is not to your taste. I kept counting down the days left, while watching my waist shrink and my chest grow. I kept it.
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Apr-12-10, 12:41

Plan: modified atkins
Stats: 184.0/141.5/152.0 Female 66.25 inches
BF:35%/???/???
Progress: 133%

LOL I just found this thread, guess I should have done a bit more looking around. I finished a round of P90X lean on April5, 2010 and started P90X classic today April 12, 2010. I have seen great results. I will admit the weight loss isn't what I was hoping but the toned and fit body is more then I expected! It does take a lot of time every day but aren't you worth it. If you don't take care of yourself, does all that stuff you spend time doing really matter if you aren't in good health to enjoy life? think about it! Can't wait to see what this next 90 does for me!
Join in!
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Apr-13-10, 04:26
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Good job, Sheila! Keep working hard and the weight loss will come. It is a rule that it is far easier to lose the first 30 lbs than the last 5 lbs. What did it for me was some HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training). I had plateaued but it got me going again, and the stamina you gain is phenomenal!

Peter
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Apr-13-10, 06:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterbrown
Good job, Sheila! Keep working hard and the weight loss will come. It is a rule that it is far easier to lose the first 30 lbs than the last 5 lbs. What did it for me was some HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training). I had plateaued but it got me going again, and the stamina you gain is phenomenal!

Peter

thanks Peter for your words of encouragement! I took a week off between 1st and 2nd round of P90x, as of right now that seems to have got the scale moving again, who knows. I am going to try hard to NOT weigh again until day 30. LOL we shall see. Seems that I tend to be addicted to the scale.
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Apr-14-10, 03:03
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

If you're going to be addicted to the scale, go to Target and get a Tanita body fat scale. You should be focusing on your body fat percentage, not your total weight. They're about $40.
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Apr-14-10, 06:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterbrown
If you're going to be addicted to the scale, go to Target and get a Tanita body fat scale. You should be focusing on your body fat percentage, not your total weight. They're about $40.

Peter I bought one of those ten years ago when they cost 100.00. They still show the weight before you get to the BF % numbers. LOL they aren't accurate but they are somewhat consistant.
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Apr-14-10, 09:20

BF:

Sheila,

Glad to hear you are liking P90X. I still haven't purchased it. I have also been hearing some great things from friends about the Insanity DVD collection. Has anyone had any experience with those, or can you offer any comparison between the two?

Shelia, let us know about your progress and what the next 30-90 brings!
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Apr-14-10, 09:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by awaldron
Sheila,

Glad to hear you are liking P90X. I still haven't purchased it. I have also been hearing some great things from friends about the Insanity DVD collection. Has anyone had any experience with those, or can you offer any comparison between the two?

Shelia, let us know about your progress and what the next 30-90 brings!

I have some friends that are doing insanity, I have heard of people NOT finishing it because it is so intense. A few of those people had already been through P90X. that leaves me to believe that it is tougher then P90X. I did plyo yesterday and from what I have heard and seen I think that plyo is comparable to insanity. I can't imagine doing plyo every day! it is one hard sweating workout! Pure cardio! Loved it but I don't want a steady diet of it.
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Apr-15-10, 04:02
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

I've done both Insanity and P90X. Insanity is like Plyo times 3! There are no breaks. There is a 10 minute "warm up" that leaves you wasted. That being said, Insanity is really an aerobic program and very light on the strength training. I would have to say that Insanity is a good sequel to P90X, but I wouldn't start with it.
  #26   ^
Old Thu, Apr-15-10, 11:44

BF:

Wow, none of my friends that are doing Insanity have done P90X before. I would have actuall thought it was the other way around (Insanity before P90X).

I may just suck it up and buy P90X. I can't go running or to the gym in the am anymore because my hubby leaves at 430 for work and I have the kids at home. P90X sounds like a good way to start the day on the right foot. Plus, I have got to lose this 15-20lbs!!!

For those that have used P90X, what were your results like? Did you lose inches or lbs or both? How long before you really started seeing results and how committed were you?
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Apr-15-10, 15:58

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

I have a question. I have an injury that prevents me from stessing my core muscles (no pullups, etc). Is there anything in P90X I could do. I am considering getting it for me and hubby.
  #28   ^
Old Thu, Apr-15-10, 20:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschwab
I have a question. I have an injury that prevents me from stessing my core muscles (no pullups, etc). Is there anything in P90X I could do. I am considering getting it for me and hubby.

Well I'm no DR. I do think there would be some things you could do. they show ways to modify just about every exercise to some degree. I would say it would be worth a shot. then just take it slow and easy. Ease into it.
  #29   ^
Old Thu, Apr-15-10, 21:32

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by xturkeyldy
Well I'm no DR. I do think there would be some things you could do. they show ways to modify just about every exercise to some degree. I would say it would be worth a shot. then just take it slow and easy. Ease into it.

Thanks. I am a runner and I do resistance on the dreaded gym machines (so I can isolate and not stress the core). I guess I could just do what I could do.
  #30   ^
Old Sat, Apr-17-10, 18:04
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

I think you would do well to mix some resistance training with either MRT (Metabolic Resistance Training) or some HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) as your cardio. The old "slow and steady" way of doing cardio has been proven time and again a dead end.