Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-28-02, 10:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 197/195/140 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%
Talking Slim n' Firm

Well it is time for me to start keeping a log of what I am doing...or not doing.

Just for a little history...

I was quite active as a child growing up, never really much into sports as far as playing on teams, but several different styles of dance, golf, tennis, gymnastics, and all sorts of other classes. I tried a lot of different things.

I got to be quite lazy in high school...I guess that was my social life taking over. After high school I got to be moderately active, and enjoyed going to the gym and taking fitness classes on a regular basis, but then got bored with my routine and dropped it.

At university I did a lot of walking with a 35lb pack of books on my back and that helped to keep me in shape until...I bought a car. It all went downhill from there. I gained about 40lbs as my metabolism caught up with me and the lack of exercise took its toll.

In March I decided to get things under control and to do something about it...partly because I didn't feel good about myself, and partly because I'm still a student and I can't afford a new wardrobe.

I happened on this website around then and thought it was great. It has been a great inspiration and source of support for my new WOL. I have done wonders in such a short period of time...although I probably would have done much better except for a few little setbacks here and there, but overall I'm pretty proud of what I have achieved so far, and I guess I have the rest of my life to finish working on perfection!

I gave my car to my parents to use back at the end of June and have been walking 5 days a week ever since (to school and back). Since March I have trimmed 8" off the circumference of my pants. I hold up my old pants that were snug and hold up the ones I wear now to see the difference, and I can hardly believe it.

I was out in July and August in a swimsuit (which I didn't think would happen this summer) AND there were other people there!! I am most proud of that achievement. I wasn't in the best shape of the bunch, but definitely not in the worst shape.

I have to admit that I have been really lazy since my summer courses ended almost 2 weeks ago. Although it has been too hot to do any form of exercise outside with record breaking temperatures some days, I didn't even go for a walk after dark. After a week of visiting the folks with giant meals and driving everywhere I needed to go, I am paying for it.

I am planning to do BFL starting September 2, so I figured that the best way for me to stick to it is to start a gym log and to get used to posting everyday. I am really looking forward to the cardio portion as I would like to increase my endurance in that area. I am very fortunate in the fact that my body type allows me to see sculpture and definition after a very short period of time, so the resistance portion should be quite gratifying as well.

I really want to start running again, as I really let that go by the wayside this summer, and I think that maybe after building up some endurance from the 20 minute cardio sessions that after BFL I may even look into training for a half marathon. One step at a time is probably my best bet for now.

So that is a brief summary of my history. Now that I have that out of my system and my fingers are well worked out, maybe I'll get off my rear and go get some exercise!!

KC
Sponsored Links