Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-11-04, 13:30

Plan: Atkins-general low carb
Stats: //150
BF:to much *LOL*
Progress: 12%
Lightbulb Dr Phils 7 keys to weightloss

I was just wondering if anyone has read the Dr.Phil 7 keys to weightloss book and doing the diet.I like the book it was really good and made a lot of sense to me.I like the low fat and low carb thing.What do you all think? I have been off the low carb for abt a year and i have been back on for abt 4 days....so far so good Why i ever quit
That was the dombest thing i have done besides marry my ex And i have to stay with some low fat things...fat goes right throgh me
well wish me luck
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Apr-11-04, 19:26
Registered Member

Plan: low carb/low fat
Stats: 255/236/155 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:32%/?/20%
Progress: 19%
Default 7 keys

I have read several of Dr. Phil's books and read his website a lot. I can't watch the TV show however because it conflicts with another show I really like called "Starting Over."

The Seven Keys to Weight Loss is a great motivational tool. I made keys out of cardboard and as I read each one, I wrote it on one of the cardoard keys and taped it to my refrigerator.

I have tried several diets but I finally found a combination of eating plans that I really think I can stick to. One is a weight loss plan I found on the Discovery Health website. The plan is as follows:

Breakfast: Drink a high protein shake first thing in the morning

AM snack: Then eat organic trail mix or a high fiber cereal

Lunch: Low carb meal bar

Afternoon snack: Raw veggies

Supper: Low carb meal

Drink at least eight 8oz. glasses of water throughout the day.

I am going to follow that for a week and then go on Dr. Phil's Rapid Start Plan which allows a lot more to eat but is fairly low carb (no bread , potatoes, rice or pasta--the main starches are high fiber cereals).

I am hoping switching those every other week (to keep from being bored) will work. Diet boredom is one of my biggest enemies.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-12-04, 07:12
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 173/166/150 Female 5.8" or 1,73 m
BF:
Progress: 30%

I am wondering how long one can stay on any of those plans. Do you seriously consider having "meal replacements" like shakes and bars in the longterm?

What happened to your lc plan Fluffy? Just curious?

(I haven't been too successful with South Beach, but still trying...)
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Apr-12-04, 15:20
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tashinpa
I am wondering how long one can stay on any of those plans. Do you seriously consider having "meal replacements" like shakes and bars in the longterm?

What happened to your lc plan Fluffy? Just curious?

(I haven't been too successful with South Beach, but still trying...)
Well, as I said, I have been reading a couple of books that suggests taking the best of all low carb plans and making your own customized low carb eating plan. So that is what I did. I am combining the 2 I just mentioned---The Discover Health Weight Loss plan, designed by a medical doctor and the Rapid Start Plan I found on the Dr. Phil website. Both are low carb. I am a grazer. I find it hard to sit down for more than one meal a day. That comes from years of having to eat that way because of my work. I never knew exactly when or how much time I was going to have to eat at work. I only knew that I was going to have a lunch break and 2 other breaks during the day. I love granola or trail mix and I have to have my coffee as I said. So the first plan works out pretty good. As for shakes and bars, yes I can eat that way.Although I always gained a little weight each decade, I gained the majority of it after I retired. When I was working I either stayed the same or lost weight, but didn't gain except when I wasn't working. My husband had a military career so we were always moving and there were periods of time I didn't work. But when I worked, I would have a cup of coffee and yogurt or a granola bar for breakfast and the same for lunch with a couple of coffee breaks during the day and only have one full meal at night with my family. I do hope to ease into the Dr. Phil plan though. It has more well-rounded meals and snacks. I will alternate them depending on how busy I am. When I am busy I will do the Discover one and when I have more time to cook and sit down and eat, I will do the Dr. Phil one. Anyway, that's my plan for now.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Apr-12-04, 18:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 319/240/175 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 55%

I just started to read Dr. Phil's weight loss book out of interest. ( Although modified atkins works just fine for me ) On his show he is constantly bashing "no carb diets" (which don't really exist ). I think his eating plan is no "revolution", as it is similar to other more moderate lowcarb diets. However, if you are an emotional eater with problems that simple lifestyle changes can't fix alone this may be the book for you.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Apr-13-04, 05:35
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loserbaby
I just started to read Dr. Phil's weight loss book out of interest. ( Although modified atkins works just fine for me ) On his show he is constantly bashing "no carb diets" (which don't really exist ). I think his eating plan is no "revolution", as it is similar to other more moderate lowcarb diets. However, if you are an emotional eater with problems that simple lifestyle changes can't fix alone this may be the book for you.

THe Rapid Start Plan on his website is lower carb than the one the first plan he put out. It is similar to the South Beach diet except it allows high fiber cereal every morning. I am not an eggs and bacon or sausage person. I usually only eat eggs and meat for breakfast on weekends or sometimes I go for weeks without eggs or meat for breakfast. I also hate any kind of greasy foods or foods cooked in grease or oil.