Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > My P.L.A.N. Tool Support Forum
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jul-17-06, 07:46

Plan: atkins
Stats: 197/175.5/128 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 31%
Default Slightly annoying...

I'm entering the data directly off the box and I keep getting errors. Even though the calorie count doesn't match the system's calculation it should let you enter it and just notify you that it doesn't match...it shouldn't force you to correct it to something that is incorrect from the manufacturer. For example, Atkins morning start bars, calories 180, based on the calculations by the system it says 123 so it won't let me save it. I don't want to start off entering data incorrectly per the manufacturer info but it won't let me!!!

grrrrr How do I get around this? I'm not really concerned about what the calculation says for calories, I'm more concerned about recording the info correct per the manufacturer. Please help!
Suzy
suzyabbott~comcast.net
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jul-17-06, 09:18

Plan: Intermittent Fasting, LC
Stats: 242/215/130 Female 5'7.5"
BF:too/dang/much
Progress: 24%

The problem might be that the carbohydrate listed already has the fiber subtracted. If you add the fiber grams back to the carb grams and enter that figure, it should accept it. Atkins may have sugar alcohols too, but I don't do many of those, so I'm don't really remember any issue with it.

HTH!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jul-19-06, 11:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/170/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 0%
Unhappy annoying is not even close

I am totally aggrivated and becoming discouraged I am NOT STUPID I know my way around a computer and yet for some reason I cannot figure out how to do my plan I keep wanting to put in that I have sausage egg and cheese every morning but it wont allow me also I cannot figure out how to retrieve replies to the questions I have asked Its driving me crazy
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jul-19-06, 19:35
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscaruso
I am totally aggrivated and becoming discouraged I am NOT STUPID I know my way around a computer and yet for some reason I cannot figure out how to do my plan I keep wanting to put in that I have sausage egg and cheese every morning but it wont allow me also I cannot figure out how to retrieve replies to the questions I have asked Its driving me crazy

You can put repetitive items as a block from the block menu in MyPLAN. To find your previous questions, click "My profile" from the Quick links menu, then click "Find all posts by jscaruso"

Wa'il
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jul-20-06, 09:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/170/125 Female 5'5
BF:

ok I was able to find my posts but what is the quickist way of locating all of the replies to my posts, I tried to retrieve the replies when I went to quick links my profile,all posts by me but I saw 6 replies to one post 11 to another but I could not figure out how to retrieve them I recieved yours cuz I got an e-mail then just clicked the likk and yesterday I found a reply accidentally for some reason I cant get back?
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jul-20-06, 17:21

Plan: Stillman's
Stats: 145.2/136/120 Female 159 cm
BF:
Progress: 37%
Wink

go to User CP, top left. you will find some of them there. If you click on show all subscriptions, you will see al together with number of replies and notification if there are new replies. you can unsubscribe form threads you do not want to receive updates from anymore...
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jul-21-06, 06:26

Quote:
I keep wanting to put in that I have sausage egg and cheese every morning but it wont allow me
You can make a bulk entry, but you would have to enter it daily. If you want, you CAN go ahead and enter it all during the next week. You just have to go to each day. Up at the top, where you see the date and <<date>>, hit the arrows on the right and it takes you to tomorrow. I discovered this when I would input other people's menus to show them how many calories they had. I also would do it for a possible menu for myself. I think there's another way too. Let me check and I'll edit this again..

Don't worry, you'll get it. It's one of those things that clicks.

Edit to add: You can click on your name at the beginning of your post to quickly get to all your posts. Once you have that list, just click on the little icon like the one I've put at the beginning of this post. It looks kinda like a letter. It indicates a post. If you hit other stuff, you end up with their profile, or the whole thread instead of the one post. Also, you didn't start this thread, so when you first come to the forum, you won't see your name unless you were the last person to post. Then it shows up on the right hand side. Once you read a reply, just hit your name again to go back to the list, and go to the next post you'd like to check.

Good luck!

ETA2: Okay, there is another way, that I find easier. First, create a bulk entry of your breakfast. That's on the left in your My P.L.A.N. Then, add the bulk entry to your favorites. (once this is done, I swear it's easy ) After it's added to your favorites, go to food lists, on left in My P.L.A.N., select favorites (these are listed across the top) click on the WORDS of what you named your bulk entry, don't click the little box. A screen will come up, you can adjust the serving, change the date and hit add to button. Just change the date and hit add to, to do ahead of time..

HTH

Last edited by 2bthinner! : Fri, Jul-21-06 at 06:48.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jul-28-06, 10:00

Plan: M/E
Stats: 158/158/130 Female 62
BF:

Another dumb question..hahahah

I tried to search for splenda, or sweet n low, and get nothing.
Is it on the list, or do I need to enter as a custom food?

thanks! Anita
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jul-28-06, 14:18

I added it as a custom food..