Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#2056   ^
Old Sat, Nov-28-20, 07:48

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Man.....I stayed in bed until nearly 8 o'clock!! DH got up at 4:15 and was clanking around for a bit and then I drifted off again. Kind of mad at myself..makes me hurry thru my morning, which I don't like. I have to start getting ready for golf in just over an hour. Drinking coffee fast!

I had a coughing fit around 11 last night. Kind of scared me that it was the "thing", but it was a sinus cough. Tickle in behind my nose and top of throat, not chest. I got up and did a nasal saline rinse and took a shot of Robitussin cough stuff. Settled right down and slept well. I've been having some sinus congestion, which is normal for me this time of year. It just scares you when you cough these days!

Trig.....good for you on holding strong against the treats your DH & DD were diving in to. I fear I wouldn't have had the will power. Hope DD gets up and you two can do something fun.

Nic....on the road again! Safe travels!

Jaz....I'm sure you're happy to be back in your own space. I'm anxious to hear more about your job interview on Monday.

Blue...Hope you have a restful weekend planned. Sure is great having you back in the loop!

-----

Well, I'm going to get a rack of ribs out of the freezer to make for Monday's dinner. Not sure what I'll feed DH tonight and tomorrow....I'll figure something out. Monday is going to be rainy all day, so I'll be home to babysit the ribs. I don't like to have the oven on when I'm not at home.

Ok....I need another cup of coffee before bundling up to hit the golf course. Sure looking forward to getting outside in the sunshine for a few hours. It'll be good for my attitude.

Bye!
Sponsored Links
  #2057   ^
Old Sat, Nov-28-20, 08:27

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori golf will feel great to get out and about

FAB PIC OF YOU AND DH! Loved it with the smiling faces!!!

I live with that sinus crap all the time LOL believe me if it is throat and nose and no chest, yup sinus for sure. glad ya feel better cause this rainy, damp, icky DAMP weather messes with us alot in the ol' head like I get all the time.

glad your world is good today!!
  #2058   ^
Old Sat, Nov-28-20, 11:23

BF:

We only got 3 holes of golf in. Cold wind(unexpected), but the straw that broke the camel's back was when it started raining.....we headed for our cars. I stopped at the liquor store on the way home and bought some Bailey's Irish Creme. Hot coffee with a kick and a hot shower.....life is good! We'll try the golf thing again tomorrow.
  #2059   ^
Old Sat, Nov-28-20, 11:31

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning or the 25 minute left of morning!!! HAHAHA

Man I didn't wake up until 10:15. Still "morning" to me as I am only on my 2 mug of coffee. When I say mug- ie...thermos size insulated "cup".

Yea I stayed long enough to put up the tree yesterday morning and was OUT. I will just leave it there. I put a plastic "bracelet" on my wrist and every time a "dig" came up I snapped that dam bracelet to remind me to keep my trap shut. I will leave it at that- my poor BRUISED wrist!!!! HAHAHAHAH.

I LOST a pound over TG!!!!!! - So all good and yesterday I hardly ate. I just wasn't hungry. I figure I am going to start listening to body more. It will tell me when to eat. OMAD still is my go to- but if that "time" rolls around and I am not hungry I will wait until I am.

Trig- I sure get ya on candy and garbage....no need to be JELLY of that CRAP!! Now if it were Mac and Cheese.......In some ways it IS easier to be single in this lifestyle!
More on that below!

You are doing SO SO SO well! Just remember when the vet said you looked like you LOST A TON of weight?!?!?!?!- You just take yourself a new pic of yourself and compare it to an old one!!! STAY THE COURSE!!- report here if the "itch" gets to much!

Why do you think you have so much sinus crap? I thought that after you dismantled your "soap" biz- you would be better. Have you seen a doctor for all of it? Maybe there is a nose spray, or inhaler or sometime to prevent the big sinus junk! I tell ya those meds really knock me out. I don't see how you do it!

I know - the beach is SO SO SO calling my name!! I feel ya, so do!
Enjoy your "free" day!

Lori- Enjoy your game today!!! Glad the weather cooperating with you!!!!!
How was dinner with Beatty? Did you make the ham loaf?

NIC- You home yet? UPDATES!!! Tell us all about your trip. Wow that went fast!!

Blue- Hope you are having a wonderful week!!
-------------------------------------------------
I didn't hit the bed until 1:30, no reason. I flat was just not tired. I had some music on and was doing dancing and of course AIR Guitar !!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAH- Who says you can't have a party of one!?!?! Best company ever!

Today is "cold" and brilliant sunshine. I am thinking maybe a walk with pup.
I really don't have much on my "to do" list.

Spoke to my kids yesterday. We all have agreed to not do "gifts" this year. Totally cool with it. They are stretched a bit thin with the new house. then my son is buying his house on Monday! I will send him a batch of new towels and call it a day.

I made a big hunk of salmon yesterday and have another serving left. So I will have that, and maybe some shrimp I have thawing. I also I working on a salami log! YUM- I usually get one this time of year. It's a treat.

Not much else shaking and baking here..........

Oh....... my EX and his wife both have Covid. She is not doing well, and going to urgent care as I write this. I have no ill feelings- hope they are both ok. My son is of course upset.

Oh- I am making a list for curbside for this week to pick up. I will see when I can get it. Most likely tomorrow. Curbside is about a day in timeframe.

Back later!!! WOE- 100% and happy back on plan!
  #2060   ^
Old Sat, Nov-28-20, 16:50

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey all-

I am home and worn out!

I've unpacked, picked up the dogs and did a load of laundry. I could go to bed right now! 14 hours of driving (28 hours in less than a week) - glad I have a good solid car, even though I now have a cracked windshield for a souvenir!

I am one roly poly chick after vacation eating. Getting back on the wagon so get some of this bloat off.

The others have landed and will be home soon. Very glad we went and fingers crossed, we will have no ill effects. We were careful so I expect that to be the case. Doubt I will be going anywhere else for quite a long time!
  #2061   ^
Old Sat, Nov-28-20, 17:07

BF:

Thanks for checking in Nic! I've been thinking about you and your 2 marathon days of driving to get home. I'm sure it was a nice trip, but it's always good to get home. Sleep well!
  #2062   ^
Old Sat, Nov-28-20, 19:34

BF:

YEA- NIC home safe! did you drive 14 hours in ONE DAY?!?!?!?!? Were you by yourself?
Rest up- glad you had a great time!!!!!!!
  #2063   ^
Old Sun, Nov-29-20, 05:02

BF:

Good Morning!

Got my butt out of bed early this morning. DH left at 5:30 to go hunting. There are just a couple Sundays that they are able to hunt and this is one of them. Anyway, I've been pretty much awake since around 3. Not sure what that is about. Oh well, I had 5+ hours of good sleep.

We're going to try the golf thing again today. I hope the sun warms things up quickly, as it's only 32 degrees right now. Brrr! That rain shower that chased us off the course yesterday was short lived and by the time I got home and took a shower, the sun was out and it was beautiful! ARGHH!!!

Since DH leaves so early to go hunting, I need to stop up to Betty's to bring in her newspaper and make sure she has some breakfast......if she's awake. I'll check in on her around 8.

I think I made a mistake in buying the Bailey's Irish Cream.....OMG....does that ever taste good in coffee! I had a cup after I got home yesterday and then a cup of decaf after dinner. There is sugar galore in it, but I only use a splash in a cup of coffee. Plus...it's expensive! $25 for a bottle that's not all that big. A good reason to make it last as long as possible.

I'll pop back in later to see what you all are up to. Have good days!
  #2064   ^
Old Sun, Nov-29-20, 06:35

BF:

Lori ya had me cracking up hitting the liquor store for Bailys cause of a rain out with gold! My kind of thinking!! Ahhh it is the holidays, enjoy that Bailys!!!

Hope DH does good hunting.
I am defrosting an older deer roast for hubby to put in the dutch oven and cook up today. Gotta use that older deer meat up and fast now. too long frozen maybe.....will see on that roast and if ok he will finish up the little he has left, if he says it taste freezer burned, then I will just toss it all, and it is only a few packs left so I have no trouble doing it. Wish I could use it for the dog but it makes him sick. Last time a few years ago I gave him a big old plate of deer meat and he sucked it down and 2 days later had to take him to the vet. She said 'new food' to dogs wrecks their pancreas and he got pancreatis very bad and cost me alot LOL didn't do that again LOL

have a fun day golfing and all!

Jazz, your poor wrist from snapping alot. too darn funny
ah, the sinus is allergy and weather. My Dad has 'sinsus surgery' and it was nasty. I wouldn't do that for all the tea in china and in the end, he had just as much sinus troubles as before that nasty procedure. I just will take pills and call it a day LOL

sounds like you got your holiday handled easy. same here.

lost a lb. over Tday!! Cool....take it and run with it.

Nicco....wow when that car lag hits ya you will snooze hard I bet. Yea it is alot of driving, cause when we hit the road in the rv on longer trips, driving is very stressful on people. we feel it too so get some good rest. worst is that 'still driving' feeling and being wired up before that big lazy feeling hits ya.

bloaty....yea that will leave fast. you got that handled!!

hey all
all good here
just doing

sunday, cold but some sun I think.

probably just a same ol' sh** kinda day around here. everyone seems so tired or out of it somehow ya know. I don't know, just a general blah feeling around.

nothing pressing, some chores and might watch tv the whole damn day LOL who knows

over and out and be good all
  #2065   ^
Old Sun, Nov-29-20, 09:49

BF:

Good Morning!

Lori- I laughed too over your "baileys" indulgence. I bought some peppermint and cream coffee. Although it is flavored it doesn't have the calories, or the "kick"! I guess I could drop some whiskey in it! I have seen people do that. It makes my jaw drop.

Bummer about the sun coming out after you got home and cleaned up! Oh well........ hope it was good while you played!

Does your DH go hunting by himself? Does he ever kill anything? Men and hunting......... urghhhhh.

So nice of you to see that Beatty gets her breakfast and paper! She sure is lucky to have you!
Anything else on your plans today?

Trig- Deer meat :sic: I uck........I guess one could eat anything if you are hungry enough. I tried Bison once and I thought it was gross. I am pretty traditional in that I pretty much stick to beef and fish. I don't like chicken anymore either.

If it weren't a horrible diet I could easy be Vegan. As a matter fact I tried that for awhile and gained a ton of weight and almost became diabetic. I was really ill on that diet. I wasn't eating cake either. It was all the rice and pasta. It is not a healthy way to go. I just have to not think about the fact I am eating an animal.
Thankfully I have not bonded with cows!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA

Speaking of- Steak is ready for dinner. I will marinate it and cook it hot and fast! Filet and a side of jumbo shrimp.

How is the little guy Bolt doing. You said he prances around when he is clean and brushed. That is hysterical.

NIC- I hope you get settled up and rest for a few days and tell us all about your trip. Did you love the Elvis tour? Did you make it to the zoo?
I loved that the family pitched in and helped with cooking and clean up.

Do you have a busy week ahead?!?!?!?

Blue-
Hope you are having a good weekend!
----------------------------------------------------------------
I slept in ........ loving that.
It is about to rain, cold and gray here!

I have a curbside pick up at 1, then a pharmacy pick up after that. I won't get out of the car for either!
Covid is off the chain here in GA and I am taking it seriously. That is the last thing I need.
Speaking of...... I guess my Ex is not fairing well. He ended up sick with symptoms yesterday and has declined over night. The kids both feel compelled to tell me. His wife is starting to feel better so she can deal with all that. I know the kids are worried. Apparently, the "talk" is if he needs to go to the hospital.
I do hope he recovers quickly, he is the father of my "kids". He is not a bad guy- we are just better apart, so I wish him no ill will.

Apparently, I was approved for unemployment. That is irony, as I am now "ready" to go back to work. I needed some mental time off and recovery from burn out. But now I am ready to find something again. Funny that NOW I get approved. Again, IRONY.
But hey, if it gets me a few $$ until I actually get hired then I will take the blessing.

Speaking of work. I have an interview tomorrow. It is a case management company, that contracts with businesses and doctors offices. So I would be in my wheelhouse. They are based out of NC. Not sure how that would work. I am thinking all remote, but I will see.

Cold here today, gray too! Looks like rain.
Not much doing here........
Too cold to walk....I do "do" cold and damp well!!!!

I might get my errands done and be like TRIG- It might be a Netflix day!
Well, this I know- it's time for another cup of coffee!!!!
Speaking of, I am excited to get my peppermint coffee today! I didn't think I would like it. But I tried it last year when I was in DE and LOVED IT. Believe it or not it is a soft flavor that reminds me of holidays. They only make it this time of year! I love the smell and taste. I add a splash of coconut milk and it is my go to first thing in morning.

Back later................
  #2066   ^
Old Sun, Nov-29-20, 14:52

BF:

Just back from walking 4+ miles on the golf course. We had a good time and it was a beautiful day. Now I'm having a cup of decaf with cream and a splash of Bailey's.....

DH is not home from hunting yet. I expect it will be after dark like it was last night. I was starting to get worried! I kind of read him the riot act about that....I say come out of the woods before dark!! We'll see if he listens...I'm thinking no. I do not eat the venison, just don't like it. Our daughter likes it made into hamburger and bologna. Her boys like it like that. That's where most of the meat goes if he gets a deer. He is with our son & grandson. DGS16 just got his driver's license, so he thinks he's big cheese driving his own little truck to the mountain to hunt. I'm always glad when the season is over. It's too much worry for me.

I'll have to find something for DH to eat when he gets home. I have some frozen fish fillets and frozen french fries.....that will probably be it. 20 minutes in the air fryer and dinner is done. Tomorrow I'm making a rack of baby back ribs since I'll be home all day.

It looks like a cold, damp week coming up. Won't even be nice enough to get out for a walk most days. Oh well.....December starts on Tuesday..what can I expect? We've been lucky so far.

Have a good evening!
  #2067   ^
Old Sun, Nov-29-20, 18:34

BF:

Evening!

Getting ready to settle in and watch a sappy Christmas Movie. I watched one last night and it was pretty cheesy, but I still finished it!!!!

I picked up everything I need for about 2 weeks. freezer STOCKED with bacon, beef, and fish, frozen green beans, Brussel sprouts and more shrimp. I picked frozen veggies over fresh as the fresh gets tossed 80% of the time. This way if I want it I can take a little out of a bag and cook it and be over it.

It's pouring here. POURING!!!!!!- It has been gray all day, but didn't start raining until about an hour ago.
I was able to get all my supplies in ..........stopped at Krogers curbside, pharmacy meds, Trader Joes for wine and spices and oil, they are high end at rock prices! LOVE TJ!!!!!

Today was not a great WOE day. I got emotional over a situation and ate emotionally. Not off the rails- but enough to toss me off the horse.
Tomorrow is a new day.

Back on the horse tomorrow.
No need to respond- just an update.

So those steaks are still waiting for tomorrow- and I will surely not waste those!

Nothing else shaking around here.
Interested in hearing about the job tomorrow during the interview. I have a ton of questions.

Other than that- I will hit up my trading in the morning and see what I can do with that. I love it- awesome hobby. Sorta like chess.
Speaking of- Any of you watch The Queens Gambit?
It was a great movie!

Ok- I am good. MY LIFE, MY BEST

Last edited by Jaz66 : Sun, Nov-29-20 at 19:08.
  #2068   ^
Old Mon, Nov-30-20, 04:54

BF:

Good Morning!

Just saw DH out for another day of hunting. It is raining all day and I can't for the life of me understand why he and DS want to be out in that. They are nuts! Then he'll come home with soaking wet clothes and that will be my problem to deal with. Men!

I'll go up to see Betty mid-morning. She is often up till 5 or so in the morning and then falls asleep during the day. Poor thing...sometimes she has no idea if it is morning or night when we go in to see her.

My plans for the day.....drink massive amounts of coffee and then make ribs for dinner. That's about it! I made kind of a "dig" at DH when he was leaving this morning. I said "I don't know if you'll be home for dinner, but I'm making ribs." He kind of hesitated and then said "Oh.....I'll be home."

I was reading yesterday morning about a protocol for prevention/treatment of covid, so I ordered a bunch of supplements from Amazon. Just your basics, Vit C, Zinc, Vit D, NAC, Quercetin....I figure it won't hurt to hedge our bets. Once a day I'll have us both take a handful of extra supplements to try to avoid this plague. Plus, I think it's the Quercetin that is supposed to help with sinus issues. I'll give it a try. Probably a waste of $$, but hopefully it won't hurt us. We already take some supplements like Vit D, so just adding a couple more.

Ok....time for another cup of coffee. Jaz....let us know how your interview goes!
  #2069   ^
Old Mon, Nov-30-20, 05:21

BF:

Jazz, approved for unemployment LOL yea take every check ya can til you do end up working...not a darn thing wrong with that!! And besides, you don't know when a good job will hit so....

Virgin River, on Netflix, just came out with season 2. I watched it. It was good. I think you were watching that series too.

yes I saw Queen's Gamit. I liked it but to me it dragged out a bit but it was entertaining.

we are in massive rain right now. OMG the weather is just so horrible. I am one step from friggin' moving to a darn paradise island in the sun. I am going nuts on this crap weather truly.

Lori, yea I get hunting, my DH is the same LOL
they love it. not one doubt about it. when a hunter and you are not, nah, we don't get it HAHA

ribs will bring me to your house also

good luck on your supps!

Hey all
omg the rain is massive here. last night into this morn and going crazy. I am SO effected by weather I have to say I am going nutso here.

gonna book rv trip for leaving Dec 8-12 or something like that....checked weather and getting 'in a dry' spot and going for it cause it is the only open window I can see right now to get away.

Eating is spot on. Woke up kinda bloaty. will watch salt intake and thinking I will go 'lighter fare' today like shrimp and chicken. I feel 'steak'ed' out right now LOL

all good....all crap just doing around here
  #2070   ^
Old Mon, Nov-30-20, 07:51

BF:

Just woke up-
Oh my.....this coffee is YUMMMMMMMMMMMMY- Peppermint Mocha...OMG good. I feel guilty and there isn't a single calorie!!!

Today is a NEW day. Back in the saddle. I am not even stepping on scale today. I already know- up from yesterday.
Steak and shrimp today.

Woosh the wind is wicked this morning. The storms moved east and left a COLD blowing winter wind! It POURED all night!

Lori- Yum on the ribs and stopping hubby in his tracks to say he will be home for dinner! HA
You just be the lady of leisure today!!!!!! I love pj's and warm ovens and just being home days!!!! I really could be a home body. I seriously love being home and comfy.
Home to me right now is wherever I put my head. I can make anyplace my home away from home!
ENJOY your coffee too! Have you ever tried peppermint mocha? I bet you would LOVE it!

Odd question- how often do you use your treadmill?!? I had trouble using mine because it was so big and had to be pushed up against a blank wall.
I am so thinking about getting a walking pad. I think I would use one.

Trig- I know you are FREEZING!!!! This feels like winter here doesn't it?! I love that you just get up and GO!!!!!
Where are you "taking us next".......HAHAHAHAH.
I love the lake you went to last trip! IS that one open?

What you.......steaked out?!?!?!?!?!
How do you like your chicken? I think if I were going to eat it again it would need to be grilled and BBQ. The sauces are the things ya gotta watch with carbs!
Got me a big bag or two of cooked jumbo shrimp yesterday! Always able to pull out a few and add to anything.

Did you get all your decorating done? Tree up? It's THAT time!!!!!

NIC- Updates!!!!

Blue- DOT DOWN
---------------------------------------------------------------
As you can tell I am loving this new coffee treat. It truly is the little pleasures in life I tell ya!!!

A Morticia Day as Blue calls it! Dark, and howling winds, still wet from rain. The kind of day that screams stay in and warm and dry. I will too! I got all my errands done yesterday.

My son called me bright and early this morning on his way to sign contracts for his first home. He is SO excited. I am excited for him. The first house is always so exciting. He has worked hard for this moment. I am happy for him. It checked all his boxes. He is a home owner!!! He has been on cloud 9 all week!!!!! Talking about all the things he is going to fix, buy, do, etc....... so funny to hear him talk about it all! So sweet.

Well off to see what is shaking and baking on Wall Street............
Then waiting for a interview this afternoon.
Steak- waiting and small salad. I feel that is going to be a simple and done meal. I need to clean it up from yesterday.

Ok ladies- I will post later when I have news if any.......
Have a good one!