Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#2026   ^
Old Sun, Nov-22-20, 04:44

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Nic...Long day of driving! Hope you were able to get a good night's sleep and that the remainder of your trip is a good one. Sorry about the windshield.....one more thing, right? Fingers crossed that your cold/scratchy throat goes away soon. I felt like I was getting that too this past week. I started taking Umcka for a couple days and nothing has developed so far...other than a bit of sinus congestion. Anxious to hear from you once you are all settled in the condo. Enjoy!

Trig....hope you can find something Christmasy to do for a little getaway. Everything is sure topsy-turvy this year.

Congrats on the new low on the scale! You sure are proof that carnivore works!

Jaz....Did you have a good Saturday? Hope you had a nice un-plugged day.

-------

No golf today.....ready for a day off. My game has really gone downhill the last couple weeks. Maybe it's time to hang up the clubs until Spring.

I'm heading to the grocery store around 6:30 this morning. Want to get in and out before all the crazies. I haven't been there for about a week.....I've heard that we're back to no T paper or cleaning supplies....here we go again. Luckily, I don't need any of that stuff.

I'm making our T-giving dinner today. I have a boneless, skinless turkey breast and bought some bread cubes for stuffing that I'll put into a casserole dish. I'll make some potatoes for DH and whip up some gravy. Just hoping I don't dry out the turkey. I'm going to smear it with garlic butter and keep checking the temp while it cooks.

On Thursday we're going to have dinner with Betty. She won't eat turkey or any bird, so I'm making a ham loaf and candied sweet potatoes for her.

Ok....one more cup of coffee before hitting the store. Just want to get that over with and get home to putter around, do laundry and then cook a hopefully yummy dinner.

Sponsored Links
  #2027   ^
Old Sun, Nov-22-20, 07:30

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori sorry you got that little depression blues happening also. I think hell all of us have some version of it and I think probably 90% of the darn global planet people are having it. This 'thing' is just keeping all off our usual routines but the good thing is we keep hoping for an end date, and nah, that just ain't gonna come one day overnight.....so I guess we all hang the heck on I feel it tho too. I am not a fan either of it! Hope you zip yourself back up in any way ya can!! All we can do is try to work on us to stay up instead of down.

Lucky you are good on those paper products. I am too. I am so over this shortage stuff and crazy times but we will all deal I guess...ugh

Your 2 T day dinners sound very good. You got that locked in and that is nice ya got your plan and done deal. I got our food plan and done deal too...makes me happy to have it handled LOL

Nicco.....sorry on the windshield!
Hope your scratchy throat stays better and ya don't get worse on your trip!!
You should be in Memphis today and have a blast!! Safe driving!!

Jaz, waiting on check in from ya

Hey all
nothing doing today
SOS day (same ol' sh**)

hubby to mow front yard one last time before we decorate a tiny bit with a few outside xmas decorations later this week. Kid wants to 'do xmas' on Tday and we will cause heck no one coming and boring day mostly so we will start that stuff then.

I am doing bits and bobs of cleaning and just chilling thru the day mostly.

ZC eating going very well. Seemingly 'calm' on plan right now. Cravings are very low key now so I love that. Just cruising along ok.

so just a regular easy day here. MIGHT change out pool cover today if me and hubby get an inkling to do that, we gotta do it, but do we wanna do it HAHA, yea we probably will LOL

be good!
  #2028   ^
Old Sun, Nov-22-20, 09:03

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

OK I thought I was going CRAZY! I KNOW I posted yesterday! I did- first post of yesterday!!!!
HAHA

Lori- We are so used to starting off the day with either you or Trig- I am sure my post was lost in shuffle. It's cool. These days nothing much happening anyway!

I get ya on wanting to hang up your clubs until Spring. If something isn't fun anymore than time for something else, take a break.

Very cool you are doing 2 TD meals! I like the idea of you hanging with Beatty! I bet she is looking forward to her ham loaf! Is it salty?
I bet the grocery is going to be PACKED!
I tried Curbside for the first time and LOVED how easy it was. Seriously, plus I saved money by not grabbing a little of this and that I end up tossing anyway. No lines, just a 1-2 minute wait in my car- boom in my trunk.

If you have never tried it you might like it. I shopped at night, it was ready in the morning. No issues with my order.

Nic- Please let us know you are getting settled, after you NAP!!! HAHAHAHA. Who is flying in? I thought it was just your family going? Maybe your hubby stayed an extra day?
Yea I wipe everything down too!!! Smart girl!

Then are YOU the one to shop and square up the condo? Busy busy! You are staying through the week-end yes? Nice long vacay!!!
Hoping you get in your Elvis tour! I would love to see a pic. That is on my bucket list!!!!

Trig- I get SOS days! Sure do. I feel like a broken record these days- with SOS!!!! HAHAHAH.

You might want to check out the weather map. We got big time rain headed to us. So you might want to change up your pool cover........or NOT- - "Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow!" I read that somewhere and it stuck! HA

Glad you got your hair done yesterday! Yea I sure feel for these salon, bar, restaurant, small business owners! It is tough right now!

Do you grill out a lot? I know you got a fancy new pan a while back and use it pretty muck like a wok.
I like meat done hot and fast- still pink on inside! Red meat that is.

Blue- Dot down for you
--------------------------------------------------------------
I ended up talking to the DS until all hours. You would think we run out of things to say. I finally cut him off about 11. Then my Ohio guy called and it made for a short night, early morning.

I have not seen Ohio guy for over a year- COVID. We were going to see each other after I got back from DE in March..... well we all know MARCH don't we.

Yup- my mom called yesterday as well to tell me Costco is now officially out of TP, all cleaning supplies. People will be hitting up grocery stores soon enough for those items. I am one of those people that buy it every time I go shopping- about once a week. I am not crazy about it. But I surely remember last year I was down to my last roll, before finding some.

I have a small table top 10 inch tree and micro decorations for it and a tiny skirt! I hung a strand of white lights in the porch and put on a Christmas table clothe on the kitchen table. Done. All for about 8 bucks at the Dollar store. Oh and plastic "snowflakes /white glitter"- Done. Will leave it until I leave here at the end of Jan.

So I was potentially looking at my next destination. I am thinking Florida, beach of course. I want gulf side with silk white sand in the spring. I have been in FL in the spring, it is beautiful. I have a place in mind but need to vet it a bit before I talk about it.
Maybe TRIG can move me in- HAHAHAHAH

I am looking at several telahealth positions I saw online right as I was falling asleep last night. I will apply for them today. I want a remote work from anywhere USA position. They are there, I just need to find them. That way I can live where I want!
I am pretty excited about NEXT.

Today is a laundry day- sheets and towels.
WOE- I am still up that pound......... Not sure why........ That is ok. I will just keep on keeping on!
Low carb Sloppy Joe today. I am stuck on it.

off to start my washer and get that over with.
Looks like rain isn't far off- no sun, sorta gray skies. Indoor day, leggings and tee shirt, flip flop kinda day! Suits me fine.
  #2029   ^
Old Sun, Nov-22-20, 09:43

BF:

Jaz.....grocery store not packed when I go.....I was there at 6:30AM!! On my way home by 7. Bathroom cleaned & 2 loads of laundry done by 10AM.....productive day! Now I have a few hours before I start to think about dinner prep.

I bought some TP for Betty and another bale of paper towels for us.....we are in good shape until Spring I think. I didn't look at cleaning supplies as I didn't need anything.

Since I can't play golf today, watching ladies golf on TV. Trying to pick up some pointers! HA!

Have good days!
  #2030   ^
Old Mon, Nov-23-20, 05:10

BF:

We know Nicco is off having a darn good time!!

Lori, are ya getting tired of golfing....you have been doing alot like back to back and yea sometimes our fun hobbies can get annoying, especially when that weather is not at its ideal, that can throw alot off for ya too.

Are ya still considering joining a gym if the price is slashed after the holidays? heck are any still functioning and having good hrs open and all that? I haven't checked gyms in our area now.

Jaz, yea take your time. But if beach area for living and working is calling your name, then do what you wanna do!! Best way to have a great life, do what ya wanna do HAHA

Didn't do pool cover. Not in the mood LOL got lazy yesterday. Me and hubby will get'er done one day this week. maybe today yea I heard some rain is coming, ugh. I don't know, some things I just let slide lately ya know, don't have that killer drive to 'get'er done' as much but at some point I gotta address all the home maintenance BS around here and I will andother ugh on it all.

HI everyone
yesterday was a sluggy day. eh, ya know.

cleaned up some areas where the Xmas tree will go and other little decorations I will put out. omg the 'stuff' to just put away in the right spots cause 2 people in the house leave shit wherever they want, all the time. I hate being a darn babysitter in my own home....come on, put your crap away please

hubby put lights on my iron wagon wheel I got out in the front of the house. will have him take a pic and I will show you all. Looks good with xmas lights on it.

on Thanksgiving Day will will put a few small things out in the yard done. Put out the table top tree and dot some knick knacks around to be christmasy.

I am SO trying to get xmas mojo in some way. I get a tiny bit then gone LOL oh well.....

nothing big planned today. hubby to go to store for some shopping he wants to do.....told him to go buy 2-3 pairs of pants he wants......yea, he grew too fat for his others! I tell ya his gut, he was like 20/25 maybe 30 up but now, I think he is like 40 up and it is now very noticeable to me for sure. So all I lost he found Oh well, he will hit that day he is super uncomfortable and it is coming, and he will drop the lbs when he is ready. Good thing is I know he will cause when he hits 'that point' of being too uncomfortable, he takes action and he is right on that doorstep. I hate me losing and getting more fit and he is gaining and getting unfit. Like we don't mesh on timing with food ever HAHA eh, it is what it is ya know.

over and out and be good everyone
  #2031   ^
Old Mon, Nov-23-20, 08:39

BF:

Good Morning!

Woke to rain, but now it's just cold and windy. Ugh. Starting to feel like winter.

I'm extra cold today as I'm doing a DD(down day). I won't have any calories until around Noon when I'll have a splash of cream in a cup of coffee and maybe a little MCT oil. I'm going to wait until at least 3 before eating a bit of protein. Very low calories today. Yesterday I was completely off the rails. Went to bed feeling like a fat slug. I've decided that with all the things that are completely out of my control, what/when I eat is one of the things I can control. Do I want to come out on the other side of this winter with extra weight? NO! 10-15 lbs off will make me happy. I need a project for the next few months and this is it! I'll have many days eating like Trig.....meat/eggs/cheese. I've been wishy-washy for too long.

Trig....No...I'm not going near a gym for the foreseeable future. I expect them all to close again soon. Right now masks must be worn at all times in any facility and that is a difficult way to work out. Plus....I have no exercise motivation at the moment.

No Christmas shopping for this gal. DD told me that her boys do not need or want anything in particular, so it is going to be cash and some candy and other kid crap. They are 17 & 12.....they'll enjoy having $$ to spend on what they want. I don't even know when or if we will see them over the holidays. They live a bit over an hour away from us. We usually go to their house on Christmas eve and stay overnight for xmas morning, but we're not doing that this year.

Our son's son wanted some tools that we have already gotten. Easy. Gift cards/cash for everyone else.

Right now we're stuck in a difficult position as DH's brother wants to come on Friday and stay overnight and then go deer hunting with DH on Saturday. We are uncomfortable with him coming as we have no idea who he has been around etc. He's a PA and works in a Dr's office.....Hello? Doesn't he think he may have come in contact with the "thing"? We are doing all we can to avoid getting the bug as we have Betty to consider. We don't know what we'd do if one of us gets sick. Who would take care of her? Worse yet, if she catches it......not good. Scary to think about.

--------

Nothing going on here for the next few days. I'm supposed to go for a massage on Wednesday, but may cancel. Still up in the air about that. I have to look at the weather and see if there is a chance that we may be able to play golf on Wednesday. Hoping Saturday and/or Sunday is warm enough. I just want a couple more rounds!

Nic....hope the condo is awesome and that you're having a nice time with the family. Are you going to be able to do Graceland?

Jaz....how exciting to be looking at a beach place. A dream come true. I hope a tele-nurse position works out for you. That would be awesome.

Blue.....holding your chair for you!
  #2032   ^
Old Mon, Nov-23-20, 09:55

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all!

We are here, safe and sound.

Will write more later to catch up, right now I am feeling a nap coming on. After doing all I needed to do, this cold is catching up to me a bit today. Hugs!
  #2033   ^
Old Mon, Nov-23-20, 09:56

BF:

Good LATE morning ladies!!!
I can't believe I slept until after "The Bell"- (Stock Bell). That is ok I did all my "shopping" Friday and today and tomorrow is let it grow day.

Lori- I can SO SO sympathize to your situation with BIL.
I am having the very same issue with not wanting to go to my mom's. I said I was going. But the more I think about it, I really don't want to.
Not because we may fight- that is a given. This time it is straight up Covid. I know she isn't as careful, as she could be....ie at Costco 2 days ago in a madhouse. I get very frustrated at that.
I am worried about her giving something to ME! I can't afford to be sick, I can't afford insurance! So ya.......... I know families all over this country are having this discussion.
It is not easy. People make this political and it isn't.
Enough of my soapbox.

I know that you will do great on OED. It has worked well for you in the past and you will not be 10 pounds up come Spring!
We all just gotta hang in and take every day as it comes ya know!
Rain does not help!

I am sure having to cancel with Sis has put you down a bit. I know you two are close. Someday- I am hopeful this nightmare will be behind us.

I think cash is a great idea for the older kids. At this point most kids want cash anyway. We have no idea what Christmas is going to shape up like. Most likely same as TD.

Speaking of - how was your turkey?!?!? Did DH love his meal? That is so nice of you to make it.

TRIG- You seriously crack me up the way you write. You could "dead pan" comedy.

Yea I want to see your lights on the wheel- very cool.
Poor Pork Chop...but you know the unfair thing about it? When guy decide they are going to drop a few pounds they do. Boom gone- and they don't fuss about it. They cut back a few chips and beer and drop like mad. It is infuriating as a women. I remember my ex was the same way. His pants would "get to that point", and he would lose some weight POOF. Then smile pat my butt and say just cut back......... IE we are divorced.
Point men can and DO drop weight much easier than ladies. The hormones keep us "curvy".

Hey, I will tell you I went to St. Simon and never left Island Time................. It's a grand way to live!

NIC- I assumed you have arrived and have everything in order! I am hopeful you get some needed rest and have some fun!!!
Let us know how things are rolling! We all have travel envy!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------

Oh yes...... Island Time in Athens GA. Sighhhhhhhh Slept in until almost 10. Working on my first of coffee.
I figured out how to set the timer on the coffee maker.
I am not real gifted in electronics! We all have our talents..... TV remotes and Coffee makers are not mine.

Sunshine is out today- I think the rain skipped us by. Bright blue again- beautiful fall day.

As pretty as it is, I am having a tough time getting motivated to do much. I take her for walks , one nice one every day and that is about it.
I have been eating well, and sleeping well. Self care - yup.

But like Trig- sometimes it is nice to just be in my own bubble of life where everything is healthy, happy and no worries. There is only so much gloom and doom one can take. I think it is healthy to unplug and just cruise along.
I am not saying be careless and fancy free and go out and be stupid at this time. But to be tucked safely at home and know that what I do here is safe.

I am going to hit up the job boards today and see if anything Telahealth is still out there. I am in no hurry, but see the need to start getting more diligent in looking! HAHA.

So I am looking for my NEXT spot as well. I spent quite a bit of time yesterday looking at a spot I was considering. I have changed my mind on that one as it is considered one of the highest crime cities in FL.
So I will keep looking, again I want the right spot. It will come. I am just sorta exploring via Google at this point!

WOE Today-
I ate left over salmon yesterday, so I have hamburger to use today. I am now thinking meatballs in Rao sauce. I have pork rinds for a binder and Italian herbs. Sounds like a plan.

Back later!!
  #2034   ^
Old Mon, Nov-23-20, 15:29

BF:

Hey ladies back.............

Having a great day so far. Sun was out and pup was playful and wanted to play - so we went for a walk. It does me good to have a motivator barking at the door!!! HAHAHAHA

Made crack slaw. It has been a minute, but I had all ingredients and needed to use the bag of slaw.
Put on some music and cooked. My happy place.

I am NOT digging the darkness by 5. It makes me want to pack it up and head to bed. Rough time of year.
Can't wait for summer.......... light until 9-930. People are carefree.....sitting on back porches as the grills cool and the kids played, and adults finish their wine and the smell of fresh cut grass is everywhere. I loved it. Will we ever get back to that? I dunno.... but that was my life for a minute and loved it.

It was that way last year...... My neighbor and I would hang out in back yard as the sun was setting, before the skeeters came out. We however would be 6 feet apart........ we all thought COVID would disappear by then. What a year. Regressing here a bit- just listening to my music.... having some wine after my one meal. Feels pretty nice! HAHAHA

I decided to go to my mom's. I did the math- risk is low. That is what is - the risk math.

Wall Street was good today...... I guess I can do this another month or so or so or so........... all good. Never got to the job hunt. Sighhhhhhhhhh I could go for a part time gig, for insurance....... So not motivated. No need to respond just talking out loud.

Looked at beach properties today. So fun....... oh yea.
It will happen.... just got to find the right one! I am thinking that if I left here in Jan. to head for beach- Landlord might be ok with it. I will feel it out. I am so wanting to head back to St. Simon. It is my magical place. I have never felt so at home, safe, and free!!!! That is what I am leaning towards again.
I will see..........

All good........

NIC- are you in yet??????

TRIG/LORI- How is your day going?!?!?!

Addendum:
- The condo manager just called me back from St. Simon- they have had 2 cancellations for Feb/March /April- in the same complex I was in from before. Plus it falls in my budget! I am SUPER EXCITED. I know where I am going!!!!!!

Any job I get will be remote........ so all good..........HAPPY DANCE !!!!!!!!!-

Last edited by Jaz66 : Mon, Nov-23-20 at 17:32.
  #2035   ^
Old Mon, Nov-23-20, 19:23

BF:

Jaz...... So happy you can go back to "your happy place"!!

DH called his brother and had a heart to heart about him coming this weekend. He's not coming.....he's ok with it and understands. He said he was thinking that if he came he should stay in a hotel. Anyway...DH has been fretting about how to tell his brother...glad they talked and all is well. DH will sleep much better tonight.

I did a whole lot of nothing today. Same on tap for tomorrow. I cancelled my massage for Wednesday. I rescheduled for 2 weeks from now, but may end up just cancelling all together. I feel safe there, but why risk it? I'll decide in 2 weeks.

Soon heading for bed. I suppose Gabby will get me up around 4 again tomorrow morning. It makes a LONG day!

G'nite!
  #2036   ^
Old Tue, Nov-24-20, 06:13

BF:

Nicco, glad all is well and have a ton of fun!! I am jelly on your trip LOL

Lori, so happy to hear your DH and his bro chatted things out. It is hard to convey what you wanna do over the holidays with family....bet alot of people are having this trouble for sure. My mom was easy, she said NOPE fast HAHA but Tony's mom was hemming and hawing on coming or not and finally I said to hubby, just tell your mom to pick a darn side so I know if I have to cook for her or not.....she finally said no. She didnt' wanna hurt our feelings saying no and I get that, but geez we are adults ya know, and we don't play those games in my house, just tell me like it is fast and let me get on with life....don't leave me hanging HA

Cancelled your message? you feel safe there but? are you starting to truly get worried as in not wanting to leave your home at all? that is worrisome in a way, I mean for your mental attitude of it all. I so far am not changing up anything here, same old rural southern town doing its thing and so far so good on stuff here. eh, just chatting it out LOL

Jaz, yea right? guys eat one less biscuit and they lose 40 lbs. I hear ya on that while us gals suffer the darn long hard fight.....it is a royal pain on that one HA

You got St Simon again!!! WOW. You know Jan/Feb/March will be alot colder there and 'more boring' without the good weather events and such and people a bit around......will kinda 'show you what living there' would truly kinda be like.....we know the spring/fall/summer months are fab but now you can weather thru in winter and see how the pace of things are.

girl ya love it, go live in it very cool....and same complex means you know that area and know the building etc.....cool beans!!!

hey all
today is few errands etc.

gonna pick up kid early from school. headache this morning.

you know each day she comes home from school she has a headache and I am thinking it is that damn mask. She has to wear it all day and I think that is somehow poisoning her ya know.....carbon dioxide breathing or something??? well just wondering on it but she was whacky this morn and I said I will come get her at 11. She was happy with that of course.

come Jan. she is home all the time. I pulled her out plus she said less kids are coming now. Kids just drop out and do online so she is happy her going is over in Jan, heck, she said something about after T day she heard rumors they might just close school to all cause less are going and covid is ramping? and who knows, rumors but whatever goes down she will be out from xmas break to next August.....geez louise!
oh well....roll with the punches and bob and weave I guess.

cleaning up some areas still for putting out decorations. I got decorations around now ready to be put up on Thursday. Outside stuff is small and will get done then. all cool. holiday is gonna come and run right over us whether I get it all handled or not HA

zc going well. all good here
have a great day all
  #2037   ^
Old Tue, Nov-24-20, 07:33

BF:

Good Morning!

Trig.....yeah, cancelled the massage.....more that I just don't feel like going this week. I just had one 2 weeks ago and the hip is feeling pretty good, so I'll put it off a bit. Therapist wears a mask the whole time and I'm the only 1 there during appt, so I feel it's as safe as it can be. Just not feeling it this week.

Hope doing school totally from home works for DD next semester. If she gets into a routine of keeping up with assignments, she'll do fine. I know you'll be right there to keep her on the straight and narrow.

Jaz....will you be able to stay in the same unit at St. Simon's? Now if you can just find an online job, you'll be golden. Fantastic!

Nic....how's it going? Hope you've managed to kick that cold to the curb. Will you be able to visit Graceland? Anxious to hear about what you've been up to this week.

-------

I had a good DD yesterday. I'm planning another for Wednesday & then Friday. Will probably do another DD on Monday. I'm not weighing till December 1st, which I think is next Tuesday. Wanted to give myself a week to "right the ship" before stepping on the scale again. Feeling much better after just one good on plan day.

Ok.....off to do nothing. Is it Spring yet?
  #2038   ^
Old Tue, Nov-24-20, 09:51

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi Everyone!

Catching up!

Wow, Jaz will be headed back to St Simon! Glad you get to go back to your happy place. I can't really imagine you going back to a regular full time working job after having basically experienced retirement and beach living for quite a while now.

Glad you made a decision about seeing your Mom.. the being undecided is the hard part IMO. I agree with you that the risk seems low. It's not like it's a big party or anything.

How has Athens been for you? Do you like it?

Lori- Again, glad a decision has been made. Sounds like he was very understanding and I am not surprised about that at all.

Your next massage will be even more appreciated since you are skipping one!

Trig- Does your DD have a history of asthma? I am wondering bc of the mask/headaches. When I have to wear one for hours (I've worn one as long as 10.5 hours) I find that the fit matters- how snug is it on my face, etc. I bought a number of different kinds of masks before I found a fabric one that works well for me and came in a set of five. I also make sure I wash/rotate them out.. not every time but with some frequency. That helps too IMO. I hope she feels better!

Hey Sweet Blue!

••••••••

So in regards to schools, I just read in our local paper that our county has now amended the remote schooling from ending in mid-January to going through mid April. That will be a full year of remote schooling by then, since schools closed in March 2020. I tell you as I have said a million times now, I am so glad my kids are grown! I would have been a wreck with three children at home and monitoring all their schooling etc. At least mine are not young!

It will be interesting to see what the first half of next year brings. It sounds pretty certain now that DS22 will be home for at least end of December-February and counting. I don't know if DS18 will go away for college next semester or not. He says he will be going but I am just gonna wait and see. Either way, the empty nest will still not be in place for a bit yet.

Things are going fine here. I am pleased to report that mask wearing in mandated in Memphis and in the limited places we have been (grocery store, outside on Beale Street during the daytime) it seems to be followed. I heard from my DH and son that when they drove by Beale to pick up dinner on Monday that it was very crowded so that is not a scene for us.

Today DH, DS22 and I are going to Graceland. We have timed tickets and the mask mandate is in place so I believe it will be okay. That and the Memphis Zoo (outdoors) are the big activities for the week.

Last night I did dinner (pot roast, roasted carrots, roasted potatoes) and tonight DD and SoIL are making a pork loin with broccoli for dinner. Wednesday we are doing Gus's famous fried chicken (apparently a Memphis institution) and then I am doing a modified T-day meal here on Thursday. I usually don't do that as we go to my sister-in-law's every year, so we'll see how it goes. We are having roasted chicken thighs, stuffing, green beans, potatoes and brownies.

I have been battling this cold but last night I took a Benadryl and finally got some sleep. I was feeling not well last night as it caught up with me. No signs of vertigo as of yet though which is great, no fever, not really coughing etc either. Just stuffiness and feeling a bit bleck.

That's about it from here.
  #2039   ^
Old Tue, Nov-24-20, 10:40

BF:

Good Morning!

Lori- I am glad your hubby had a heart to heart with BIL. Ya know we all have our meter of what feels safe and what doesn't. So honestly you need to do what feels right for you and your family. Only you know what your area and family are like.

I will say that GA area is just a HOT SPOT and I am not even going into stores right now. I am doing curbside. I don't want the crowds right now. I can't afford to be sick or worse. I believe it's real, my mother, and aunts and most of my family think it's "fake news".
They have not seen what I have seen. I flat out told 2 family members we are going to have to agree to disagree and leave it alone. So I get ya on families!!!!!! Glad yours was understanding!!!!

So are you done now with golf until Spring? It will give you something to look forward too!
Did you are sis reschedule for another time or leave it in the air? Hard to tell I know!

Did you make it through DD yesterday? Today you get to eat?!

Trig-
- So if most of the kids are dropping out of "in school" and opting for online, could kiddo do the same now? Not all kids thrive sitting at a desk for 8 hours. I would go nuts. Just a question.

Funny on your MIL- not getting to the point. Yea, maybe she didn't want to hurt your feelings. Maybe she was really considering it. It is a challenge this year.

I am glad your area is pretty much not effected. I was hearing the rural areas are getting hit now. I dunno- just what I am seeing on the news.

Cool your decorations are starting to come out! I can't believe how fast Nov. Is flying by!!!!

NIC- Updates girl!!!!!! Are you having fun?
------------------------------------------------------
Cool here, sweatshirt and leggings. Bright blues though. I love the sun.

Oh- So I am here through end of Jan. - So next stop will be Feb/March/April- a BEAUTIFUL time on the island!

Next is a job............. yeah........... No response needed. My mother is enough nagging.............
I said yes to go to her house for TD- I am taking wine!

I need to think about Christmas this year for the kids- grandkids. Otherwise my adult kids are going to get a VERY small gift. I mean SMALL. - I am not spending a ton this year, I got an excuse!!!!
But I will get the littles something cute.

I need to hit up the pharmacy to get my scripts- in and out in record time!!!!

Other than that.......... this and that, and working on my NEXT!!.....
Enjoying today!

Have a good one!
  #2040   ^
Old Wed, Nov-25-20, 04:28

BF:

Good Morning!

Not much to report here. I'm going to make an early(6AM) trip to the grocery store in a bit and then back home for the day. Dinner tonight will be warm ups from the Tgiving meal I made the other day. I'll just have some turkey as today is a DD.....nothing solid till a few bites of protein at dinner time. I spent yesterday's UD eating some things I shouldn't have had in the house, but they are gone now and will not be replaced!

We'll spend tomorrow afternoon with Betty and then home to watch football. Wait till I tell you what we're doing on Friday, and possibly Saturday. Our little town is trying to draw people to downtown for Black Friday.....safely, I hope. Anyway, you know Betty's huge Victorian house(I think I sent pics a while ago), DH and I are going to dress in Victorian garb and stand outside and walk up and down the block. DH has a laminated history of the house ready to hand to anyone who expresses an interest. I did not want to do it, but Betty is so excited to dress us up....she used to be in charge of our town's Xmas parade and has costumes galore. DH thinks there will be a lot of people walking by the house, but I really don't. We'll be sure to not get close to anyone and we'll be totally outside. I think people in cars will just wonder who the "goobers" are standing there in funny clothes. I'm doing it for Betty, but I'd rather be on the golf course as it's going to be unseasonably warm. Sigh......at least I don't have to wear a hoop skirt...I've done that before. I just have a long black skirt and red & white cape....oh....and the hat.....with feathers!!!!! Lord help me.
-----------

Nic....I'm anxious to hear all about Graceland! I hope you had a nice day for it. Also hoping you've kicked that cold to the curb so you can enjoy the rest of your week.

Jaz....hope Tday goes well with Mom. How long is the drive there from where you are?

Trig....hope DD is feeling better today. Have fun decorating on Tday!

Another cup of coffee for me before heading to the grocery store. Just a few items to pick up...in and out before the masses show up!

Bye!