Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Aug-03-04, 16:38

Plan: atkins
Stats: :(/:)/145 Female 5 feet 4
BF:
Progress:

Hi Anu, well .5 kilo is great . we have to stay positive here i can't say iam doing that well on my end, yes Im sticking with it , but the scale is not moving at all ! Iam in a serious stall i think ?? but i wont give up ... i started on oil of oregano, wanted to give it a try , some say it helps with stalls some say it does NOTHING , the taste is AWFUL so i wont suggest it hahawell i hope you and your family are well, Iam doing fine , have a great day Anu bye bye
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Aug-04-04, 12:08
I KNOW I CAN!!!

Plan: A combo of a few
Stats: 208/172/155 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 68%

Hello and welcome to the forum

I think you'll find this site very informative and helpful. And the support you'll get here can't be beat!!!

Best of luck to you
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Aug-05-04, 04:34
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 187/177/154 Female 5ft 6in
BF:
Progress: 30%

Hi Cara , Aubby,
Lovely to hear from you again (Aubby). Cara I couldn't agree more about this being an absolutely fab site. I could spend the whole day (if I could!!) looking at the various qs and ans.
Aubby, I'm really sorry to hear about your stall. Some folks say if you go on a (controlled) carb binge for a couple of days and get back it helps. I'm too new to try it but you might like to bounce the idea off a few more experienced types.
I hope things start off for you soon.
Bye and take care, Aubby and Cara
Anu
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Aug-06-04, 06:27

BF:
Progress:

Morning anu, yes iam still stalled, and how about you ? did you lose anymore?well i got the rest of my blood work back and i have low iron so now i need to take a pill or drink with orange juice? yikes ...there goes my low carb Im thinking but i will ask at the pharmacy when i get to work, take care and hope to talk soon .. bye
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Aug-10-04, 00:42
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Aubby,
Yeah, looks like I'm stalled too. Half a kilo up and down....that's my story for the last 2 weeks. Anyway, I've convinced myself (I hope!!) that I dont like carbs that much, so I'll continue with this way of eating. But carbs do have a habit of creeping up on you dont they? i guess I'll have to up my exercise too.
All the best to you and I hope you can snap out of the stall soon. bye
anu
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Aug-10-04, 04:20

BF:
Progress:

Morning anu, yeah Im still stalled also , but this is the plan for me i feel so much better now , yes Im discourged that i dont lose but i will keep the faith i cant belive it will be 4 months since i have changed my eating habits soon!do you exercise a lot Anu? thats maybe where my problem is ! i walk , little on the bike but thats it for me, well time for work , take care talk to you soon again i hope . bye bye
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Aug-10-04, 22:21
SillySassy&SoonSexy

Stats: 255/???/145 Female 5' 4
BF: 15%..I wish..haha
Progress: 55%

#23   ^
Old Fri, Aug-13-04, 03:22
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Aubby,
Well about the exercise.....I used to do an hour of high intensity gym 6 days a week for an hour every morning (before starting Atkins)....It took me 10 month of this to drop 8 kilos.... After Atkins, I thought....what the hell...lets be lazy and loose weight!!! Wrong decision huh!
But seriously, I think exercise is very very important. Apart from whatever health benefits, it gives you a real buzz that lasts the whole day and one feels that SOMETHING'S ACHIEVED!! So the combo of LC and exercise should take us places (where we haven't been in a loooong loooong time, eh!!).
Hope I've been able to motivate you, do write and tell
Bye now and have a super weekend.
Anu
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Aug-18-04, 10:29

BF:
Progress:

Hi ya Anu , well finally I can say i lost wooo hoo iam down i think around 1.5 kilos ABOUT TIME ...its been a long time since i seen the scale move , started walking a little again , and put myself back on phase one of atkins, i was sneaking in fruits and whipping creams and nuts, now no more for a few weeks , also started taking iron pills (from the dr) so hopefully that will help me feel a little better , well i hope all is well on your end Anu , maybe you have lost also ? take care and i look forward to talking with you again.... bye bye ... patricia
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-04, 22:55
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Aubby (Patricia????)
Whee!!! That's fabulous! 1.5 whole kilos! Congratulations! Jolly good show and keep it up.
As for me, sorry to say I'm still stuck. But I do think carbs have been creeping up on me (or perhaps the other way around!) Got a couple of birthdays coming up this week so I'll get back seriously on induction from monday (excuses, excuses!!) But seriously, I like this way of eating and dont have any problems with it (except that I get ambushed once in a while!)
Bye now and keep up the good work. I hope to have something good to report by the end of next week.
There's a very interesting thread on this site called "carb cycling works like magic for me". MAybe you could have dekko and get a few pointers.
Bye and take care
Anu
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Aug-20-04, 11:53

BF:
Progress:

Hi ya Anu, yes having birthdays coming up could be rough I'm thinking, I also have my sisters anniversray party I'm planning tomorrow and oooo i have one beautiful cake in my fridge(I LOVE CAKE) yum yum, But i think i will pass on the cake, since i have been doing induction this week I'm down a total of 2 kilo's I have never lost that much anu NEVER so this is great i think i will stay with this for a few weeks ! I also was creeping the carbs on... little fruit, than whipping creams , than nuts etc etc also hot dogs! arghh i love em all hahahaha anwyays i will get them back in a bit maybe, well have a great weekend i hope doing the induction will work out great for you.. stay strong.... and stay away from birthday cake (unless its your birthday) bye bye from patricia ....
  #27   ^
Old Mon, Aug-23-04, 01:17
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Patricia,
Hey you're going great guns! Jolly good show! Stay away from THAT (slurp) cake and things should rollick along merrily! Best of luck to you.
I couldn't stay away from the birthday cake....actually it was mine on the 20th and my son's on the 21st so as you can imagine I really pigged out. Knowing i would be back on induction from monday probably gave me last supper syndrome!
Anyway, have fun and keep loosing.
Bye, Anu
  #28   ^
Old Mon, Aug-23-04, 10:20

BF:
Progress:

HI ya Anu so was the cake good? haha and happy birthday to ya also well i dont belive it but i passed on the cake woo hooo it was hard though ! i havent lost any more but also didnt gain (thankfully)I will stick to it for another week and see what the results are than,did you go back on induction today ? well have a great day ..... take care patricia
  #29   ^
Old Fri, Sep-03-04, 04:38
Registered Member

BF:

HI Patricia,
I was wondering where you went....and then I came across your last mail and realised that I was the silly one! Silly me.
SO, how u doin'? Got any more of the subborn one's moving as yet? Going by the posts at this site, most everyone seems to hit a stall or plateau or whatever after induction and it takes quite a while to get going again. But get going they do, so there's hope for us yet!
Hey, many thanks for the b'day wishes. You bet the cake was good......I made it myself! No, I'm not REALLY blowing my own trumpet, but.....! Actually, my son and I fight over the left over batter, but this time I was virtuous and let him have most of it!

I did get back on induction and then I went and got the flu, so I'm taking things a little easy. A few more days and then I'll seriously get down to it. BUT, the best part is that the flu knocked me down 2 kilos! (Any means to an end, huh!!)
BFN, and keep me posted about progress at your end.
Anu
  #30   ^
Old Fri, Sep-03-04, 05:14

BF:
Progress:

wow 2 kilo's congrad's but what a way to lose it with the FLU !!i see the dr on wed, so i will know than if there is any loses lol, im trying to walk a lot more this past week so maybe that will help, also havent had berries or nuts in a few weeks , im still staying strong Anu , also on holidays now visitng my family in prince edward island (canada) well i hope your feeling better soon take care and hope to you hear from you soon (bye bye ) from ... patricia