Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-14-10, 06:23
Registered Member

Plan: candida diet
Stats: 185/173/180 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Going Crazy!

I can't seem to kick this. I'm going in to see a gastro doc Feb 15 to get tested for bacterial overgrowth. Afraid it's gonna come back negative (weird huh). I'm also afraid that when I mention candida he's gonna laugh in my face. Can't seem to find a good Doc here in Fl. Oh well, I have to go see somebody, right? My chest doesn't hurt anymore but it's damm sure itchy on the inside. How's everybody else? Tom, you doing alright? I tried to PM you but it wouldn't let me.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-14-10, 16:42

Plan: N/A
Stats: 140/140/140 Male 5'6"
BF:
Progress:

Hey, Justin, thanks for asking and hang in there. Glad to hear that you're going to the gastroenterologist. I just went to mine on Monday and tomorrow I'm going for both an endoscopy and colonoscopy. Just finished up the drink that makes me go to the bathroom so now I'm nervous. Anyway, I told my doctor that I think I have candida overgrowth and he basically thought it was b.s. but told me he will keep an eye out for it.

I'm almost afraid that he won't find it. I want it to be the reason for all of the symptoms that I suffer from so I can get rid of it and finally get my life back to normal. Anyway, once I get back I'll let you know how everything went.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-15-10, 03:07
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom873
Hey, Justin, thanks for asking and hang in there. Glad to hear that you're going to the gastroenterologist. I just went to mine on Monday and tomorrow I'm going for both an endoscopy and colonoscopy. Just finished up the drink that makes me go to the bathroom so now I'm nervous. Anyway, I told my doctor that I think I have candida overgrowth and he basically thought it was b.s. but told me he will keep an eye out for it.

I'm almost afraid that he won't find it. I want it to be the reason for all of the symptoms that I suffer from so I can get rid of it and finally get my life back to normal. Anyway, once I get back I'll let you know how everything went.

Hey Tom. Yeah, it seems like you pretty much have to beg a doc to check for candida. Let us know how it goes. I know when I went for an endoscopy it wasn't that bad except for the fact that they did the biopsy and that had my stomach pretty upset for about a day. They will probably check for h.pylori. I had that and when I took the antibiotics that's when I slid downhill. Anyways, good luck!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-18-10, 12:20

Plan: N/A
Stats: 140/140/140 Male 5'6"
BF:
Progress:

Well, I had both the endoscopy and colonoscopy done on Friday. All I know at this point is that I had two polyps removed and he wants me to go back on meds for my esophageal ulcers. Pretty bummed about that. I'll find everything else out on the 27th.

Last edited by Tom873 : Mon, Jan-18-10 at 13:14.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jan-19-10, 02:32
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Well, that's good that they didn't find anything serious. Maybe it's a good thing that you're going back on meds for the ulcers although getting off the prilosec I think is the best thing I ever did. I didn't have ulcers though. I also think that's what lead me to where I am now but that's just an opinion and I can't prove it. I guess he didn't say anything about candida huh? Maybe when you get your results back you will know a little more. Hopefully, they will give you a diagnosis and treat whatever the problem is.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jan-19-10, 02:33
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Well, that's good that they didn't find anything serious. Maybe it's a good thing that you're going back on meds for the ulcers although getting off the prilosec I think is the best thing I ever did. I didn't have ulcers though. I also think that's what lead me to where I am now but that's just an opinion and I can't prove it. I guess he didn't say anything about candida huh? Maybe when you get your results back you will know a little more. Hopefully, they will give you a diagnosis and treat whatever the problem is.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jan-19-10, 02:34
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Sorry for the repost computer acting funny.

Last edited by justin1984 : Tue, Jan-19-10 at 03:28.