Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Wed, May-12-04, 12:34

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 148/134/115 Female 62 inches
BF:I dunno?
Progress: 42%

I couldn't find this brand at the store just now, but they did have one made by Mueller's. It's just suppose to be reduced carbs... it has like 12 g of fiber and a total of 31 g carbs.

Where can u find Dreamfields?
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Wed, May-12-04, 15:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240.2/227.4/164 Female 69 inches
BF:mini goal 225
Progress: 17%

dixiemamma- I found it at Wal-Mart. They have a lot of different spaghettis and it took me a few minutes to find it. It has the net impact carbs, (or says something like that) in a small yellow circle on the front of the box, and says 5 carbs. It is in a blue box. If only the ends of the box are showing, it only says authentic pasta, so you would never know it was low carb, so to speak, until you picked it up and looked at it. Hope this helps.
  #78   ^
Old Wed, May-12-04, 15:23

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 148/134/115 Female 62 inches
BF:I dunno?
Progress: 42%

ahhh yes it does help. I will be going to ole wally world then. thx!
  #79   ^
Old Fri, May-14-04, 10:41

Plan: paleoish
Stats: 130/104/105 Female 5'1"
BF:-
Progress: 104%

Kinda skeptical about this, but excited to try it out. How can so many people's reaction to this be wrong? Hehe. At the moment, I'm not concerned about getting kicked out of ketosis (not even sure if I am in ketosis in the first place) or getting a blood sugar spike. I'm mainly watching my calories. The reason why I'm drawn to this Dreamfield pasta is that it seems to be a pretty filling food -- sorta like eating protein -- you don't get hungry fast after eating it. That seems to be what I'm seeing as I'm going through all these posts. Like a few of you, I have no craving or desire to eat pasta (like I used to), but I am curious to see what this stuff tastes like and if it can help me to control hunger and whatnot.

Going grocery shopping later and see if I can find it!

Serri
  #80   ^
Old Fri, May-14-04, 11:41

Stats: 146/128/130 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 113%

Hi All,

Wow, this sounds great, our Super WalMart just had its grand opening this week, need to go and see if they have the Dreamland's Pasta.

It is usually very hard to find a lot of products in Montana, we are always at the end of the line.

Will come back when I find some.

Thanks again.

Carol
  #81   ^
Old Fri, May-14-04, 19:01
Butter Tastes Better

Plan: Atkins OWL / IF-23/1 /BFL
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 34%

There is a wall mart near my gym. I will pick up a box tomorrow just out of morbid curiosity.

I am in ketosis now, and when I have too many sugar alcohols (before I used to count them as carbs) I would get knocked out.

If this can knock you out of ketosis it will knock me out.

I think I will make some on Sunday and test my blood glucose every 30 min for the next few hours after just to see the impact.

Will let you all know what happens.
  #82   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 11:57
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 178/136/135 Female 5'7.5"
BF:33.5%/24%/19%
Progress: 98%
Default Low GL or low carb??

Hello,
I was reading all the posts about Dreamfields and although i really like to try it, I am a bit skeptical.
The Dreamfield company claims that the GI of their pasta is 12.... that is very low. The equivalent food with the same GI would be peanuts and chana dal. I was wondering that maybe the low rise of blood sugar is due not from the undigestible carbs but from the low glycemic value of those carbs. Have any of diabetics out here tried eating about 37 grams of carbs worth of chana dal, or peanuts(that would be a lot!!! of peanuts)? Maybe the carbs in Dreamfields are really 37 but due to low GI they only cause a 5 to 15 mg/dl blood sugar rise. And maybe that is why some people report blood sugar still 5 to 15 points higher 3 to 4 hours after eating. Dreamfields might be a great low GI low Gl food to help you control your blood sugar, but if eating it would contribute extra carbohydrates, even if slowly absorbed throughout the day, 37 gr of carbs would lessen the ketsis, if not hault it.
I am not trying to protest the pasta, I am just carefull about eating it before hearing a little more feedback. If any one ever had the low GI food like chana dal and had their blood sugar tested, please give us some feedback. I would love the statements Dreamfields makes to be true, but when it comes to new low carb products out there I always say "guilty before proven overwise".
  #83   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 07:31

Plan: Moderate carbs
Stats: 155/151/145 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default Finally found Dreamfeild's Pasta!

At WalMart in the regular pasta section..black box.

I got 2 boxes of penne at $2.38 each. Not too bad I thought.

I measured 3/4 cup dry (older Tupperwear measuring cups actually have a 3/4 measure) and cooked it up. Made a nice size portion

I had it with 1/4c. Carb Options Garden Sauce and 1/4c. mozzerella cheese and omg was soooo good. Exactly as I remember regular pasta but it's been over 5 months since I had any.

I am just thrilled to death to have this! My BF thinks I'm nuts to be so happy over something like LC pasta but he got a kick out of me just reveling every bite!

If you haven't tried it yet I recommend it highly!
  #84   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 14:32
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

So it really is low carb? I seem to remember someone checking their blood glucose after eating it and it didn't go up much.
  #85   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 15:02
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

There's a whole thread debating it under LC Products. I like it, personally.
  #86   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 16:12

Stats: 240.2/227.4/164 Female 69 inches
BF:mini goal 225
Progress: 17%

I like it too. I had it twice this past week, and still lost 3 lbs.
  #87   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 18:19
Registered Member

Stats: 185/143/145 Male 69 inches
BF:
Progress:

It's not low carb it just has fiber added to reduce the GI.
  #88   ^
Old Thu, May-20-04, 04:08

Plan: Moderate carbs
Stats: 155/151/145 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 40%

Bleh well after eating 1 portion 2 days in a row I can now say it DOES cause major cravings for me about 2 hours after eating it. Darn it gonna have to save it for special occasions now but it's sooo good....
  #89   ^
Old Thu, May-20-04, 08:02
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mua'Dib
It's not low carb it just has fiber added to reduce the GI.

Actually, they claim the blend of fibers are used to somehow coat the starches, limiting absorption. This is one of the reasons it shouldn't be overcooked, and people are finding you can't make pasta salads with it or refrigerate and re-heat the leftovers without having more of a reaction to it.
  #90   ^
Old Thu, May-20-04, 11:27

Plan: Atkins/M&E/HCG
Stats: 233/186/160 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 64%

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatofree
and people are finding you can't make pasta salads with it or refrigerate and re-heat the leftovers without having more of a reaction to it.

Oh my, now I understand what happened. I'm not diabetic so I don't test my sugar levels. BUT what I did was cook the pasta like normal. THEN put it in a pan into the oven to cook longer with some meat and cheese. I froze some of it. Twice I've pulled it out of the freezer and ate it for dinner, both times I'm up a pound or two on the scale. I had no idea why. Maybe now I know.

Thanks
Deana