Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Mar-06-18, 19:47
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%

Robyn, sorry I didn't see this thread earlier.

My entire life, I've never been able to stick to any exercise plan. Like millions of other people, I used to enroll in gyms and never go, just paid the bill every month till the contract ran out. I was pathetic.

Four years ago, my DH referred me to an article about walking 10K steps a day and how it could improve our health. I did my research and bought the cheapest Fitbit, the little clip on one. Then I got and HR for DH. Since then we've each bought several for family and ourselves.

I have walked every single morning (give or take a few) since. For some reason I don't really understand, being able to see how far I walked every day kept me on the straight and narrow. Can now truthfully say "I'm an exerciser." I now walk at least 1,000 miles per year.

I'm 72 and 3/4 and in that four years I've lost 26 lbs and my BF has gone down 5%, my A1C from 5.8 to 5.0. While I've been true to our WOE, I truly believe the exercise has made a positive impact on my health and my Fitbit was my incentive.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Sep-15-18, 18:08

Plan: Keto
Stats: 210/195/140 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 21%

I have tried several fitness trackers, and I believe that they are a great tool to be able to have an accurate log of your exercise efforts.
My first one was a little clip on (Fitbug Orb) tracker, and it did a good job of tracking my steps, but the battery would have to be changed every few months. Next, I got a Jawbone UP, and it was like a bracelet, and charged with a usb, and also tracked my sleep patterns.

That all changed when my daughter got a new Apple Watch and gave me her Series 2 Apple Watch .
I totally love it ! My exercise is swimming, and since it is waterproof, I can wear it when I am swimming, and it tells me how far I swim, how many laps I swim, and how many calories I burned when doing it.
It also monitors my heart rate , which is important when you are my age, and tracks my sleep, as well as sleeping heart rate.
It syncs with my Health App on the iPhone, so I have all of the information in one place.
I use the Carbmanager app to track all of my food intake, and the Apple Watch also syncs with that.

Last , but not least, I just love having the “Dick Tracy” phone on my wrist, and no longer have to dig around in my purse looking for the phone !