Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Thu, May-11-17, 08:49
Registered Member

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 292/265/195 Male 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 28%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkloots
You haven't lived until you've heard "Clair de Lune" played at speed.

Best wishes.

Thanks. May I suggest a little Erik Satie Gymnopédie. One of my favs.

Erik Satie Gymnopédie No.1

Last edited by SKOL : Thu, May-11-17 at 08:54.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, May-11-17, 14:15
Registered Member

BF:

I have a question about walking while shins burn and tighten. I notice if a stop and stretch my calves a little when I start walking again the burn lessens.

My question should I stop and stretch or just walk through the burn?
  #33   ^
Old Mon, May-15-17, 12:06
Registered Member

BF:

Well I guess I answered my own question...on My mile walk today my shins did not burn at all...so it took 2 weeks of walking a mile every other day for my shins to get used to it...so now I am gonna gradually increase my speed to get my mile at around 4mph...
  #34   ^
Old Mon, May-15-17, 13:28
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

I had "issues" with muscle spasms, burning, and tightening up when first started walking, too. I was very heavy and I'd been sedentary for a long time. Most of the time I could walk through it, but there were times when I had to stop and stretch. These problems didn't last long. Within a few weeks my body stopped complaining and I was increasing my speed and distance almost everyday. It doesn't take much regular activity before you start getting more fit.

4 MPH is a really fast walk. Initially I walked only 2.5 mph. These days I walk between 3 and 3.5 mph. I never really enjoyed speed walking. I wanted to enjoy myself. So I just tried to find the right balance between casual walking and walking like I was going somewhere. What I found most beneficial was workout time (and yes, for me walking is a workout). If my workout was less than 30 minutes I didn't even feel warmed up. If I got in at least 30 minutes I'd get that pleasant endorphin buzz and general feeling of well-being after a walk. That effect became something that I'd look forward to. Soon a 2 or 3 days per week walking routine turned into an everyday habit. I enjoy my walks and I don't feel that the day is complete unless I've gotten out and moved.

I'm glad that you are past the pain part of it. Let the fun begin.
  #35   ^
Old Mon, May-15-17, 14:39
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks, khrussva.

My mile right now is around 20mins give or take a few seconds. I'm comfortable with that, but I know I can go a little faster..Maybe 4mph is a little too fast...not sure...I guess I will see how it goes when I add a little more distance.
  #36   ^
Old Thu, Aug-03-17, 02:04
Registered Member

Plan: Personal trainer's
Stats: 240/190/155 Female 180 cm
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKOL
Thanks. May I suggest a little Erik Satie Gymnopédie. One of my favs.

Erik Satie Gymnopédie No.1

Same here! Erik Satie's is a great piece!
  #37   ^
Old Tue, Sep-12-17, 12:32

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 200/185/120 Female 66 INCHES
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandalayVA
I've read in many different places that the reason knee and hip replacements are skyrocketing is because of running. I'm at the age where a lot of people I know are having to get joint replacements. Most of them are or were runners.

Everyday I see people jogging on the pavement and I just shudder thinking about the impact that it has on their joints. Whenever I run I do it on the grass or at least at the indoor track where they have the rubber matting. And yes, I know more than a few people who have bad knees now after jogging for several years.