Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#2206   ^
Old Sun, Dec-16-18, 07:07

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Today is starting simple - just coffee with 2 oz. half and half. I make sure there are at least 90 minutes between my coffee and any breakfast.

Plan for breakfast is a cm omelet and black coffee. This was actual.

Going to try for no lunch and a larger rm, but no specific plans yet for that rm.

RM was a very tiny amt of an appetizer (was about 4 French fries, a tablespoon max of gravy, 3 cheese curds and 2 tiny pieces of pulled pork), a drink (bourbon), my entrée was a bourbon glazed piece of salmon, sweet potato hash and broccolini. If I had skipped sharing a dessert, I'd be quite happy with this meal. On the way home, I got a simple cup of brewed coffee from starbucks with half and half. No lunch, no snacks today.

Planning how to handle the holidays. DH is doing a different plan than I, so it takes some conversation and planning to be sure we are both on track and happy.

Last edited by patriciakr : Mon, Dec-17-18 at 04:35.
Sponsored Links
  #2207   ^
Old Mon, Dec-17-18, 07:28

Skipping lunch today so made a brunch type breakfast.

Most daily supplements, 2 eggs, some leftover steamed cauliflower, 1 cm andouille sausage cut up, 1 oz. half and half in my coffee.

Yum.
  #2208   ^
Old Mon, Dec-17-18, 19:57
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb /CAD/Veg(ish)
Stats: 192/185/150 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 17%

Hi Patricia, I used to do CAD years ago and you can probably find some of my old posts here. Good for you for fighting the good fight!

I haven't read all the posts and am not sure how long you've been on plan recently. But are you finding CAD/CALP to be successful this second go-around?
  #2209   ^
Old Tue, Dec-18-18, 04:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccotta
Hi Patricia, I used to do CAD years ago and you can probably find some of my old posts here. Good for you for fighting the good fight!

I haven't read all the posts and am not sure how long you've been on plan recently. But are you finding CAD/CALP to be successful this second go-around?

Hi!

I am afraid this is more than my second time back. But it will be my second time losing all of the weight I have to lose. I've been off and on since mid 1990s, but finally got serious when I was at my heaviest, and over a 4 year period, lost 210 pounds.

Yes, this is working for me this time. I am a slow loser anyway, and last time found I did my best with a daily calorie limit as well (I simply ate too much protein with my rm etc., paying attention to calories helped me portion control), and eating an early dinner. I essentially was doing 12/12 - a 12 hour eating window and 12 hours fasting.

I will eventually get to a 16/8 pattern this time, as I believe there are benefits to doing so.
  #2210   ^
Old Tue, Dec-18-18, 07:39

Breakfast cm: 2 eggs over with a slice cheddar melted atop. Daily supplements and 2 oz. half and half in my coffee. 1 orange grape tomato.

Lunch will be 2 cm chicken sausages, riced cauliflower, a grape tomato.

RM planned is for a small salad with blue cheese dressing, and two tacos, maybe some coleslaw. Coffee with half and half.
  #2211   ^
Old Wed, Dec-19-18, 07:52

Don't know why they changed the edit function here, but can not go back and edit yesterday's food log post to update it. Oh well!

breakfast today: 2 eggs over easy with 2 sautéed scallions, 1 slice cheese. 2 oz. half and half and my daily supplements.

lunch will be: 2 cm chicken sausages and a cm veggie.

rm will be Chinese takeout - plan is for either a seafood medley, with rice, or a chicken and vegetables with rice, coffee with half and half.
  #2212   ^
Old Wed, Dec-19-18, 11:42

Plan: Reduced carb
Stats: 217/189/150 Female 5ft 2 inches
BF:lots/lots/less
Progress: 42%

You're doing good PatriciaKr. I don't practice CAD/CALP but normally I only eat carbs at dinner in small amounts. That helps keep my blood sugar in line. I think this plan is very beneficial and slow weight loss seems easier to maintain. Unfortunately, most people are in a hurry to lose.

So I just follow along for ideas.
  #2213   ^
Old Wed, Dec-19-18, 14:36

Hope you still get some from here, I know I tend to eat a lot of the same things, again and again. Sometimes I have a new recipe to share.
  #2214   ^
Old Thu, Dec-20-18, 06:55

Breakfast today: 2 eggs, 1/2 mini red bell pepper, 1/2 mini orange bell pepper, 1 cm chicken sausage, slice of cheese melted over all. 2 oz. half and half with my coffee. Daily supplements.

lunch cm will be 2 cm chicken sausages with a cm veggie.

rm will be salad with cucumber and cherry tomatoes (2), 3 dry rubbed ribs, a cm veggie and an asiago bagel with butter for dessert. Coffee with half and half.
  #2215   ^
Old Mon, Jan-14-19, 07:25

Breakfast today: - 1 wedge of my spinach cheese casserole with 1 Jones cm sausage patty. 2 oz. half and half in my large coffee.

Lunch will be one Tasty Bites Kashmir spinach with 1 boarshead cm hot dog.

RM will be 2 baked chicken thighs with a lot of cauliflower rice (possibly done as a stir fry with 1 egg scrambled in, bit of diced scallion, 1 or two cherry tomatoes and some diced up roasted red bell pepper. Not sure yet what for a carb - either a slice of toast, or a single serve of plain oatmeal with some half and half.

in case anyone is reading.
  #2216   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-19, 06:42

Breakfast today - a wedge of cm spinach cheese casserole, and 1 cm pork sausage patty. 2 oz. half and half with my coffee.

lunch will be a tasty bites Kashmir spinach with 1 cm hot dog.

rm will be slow cooker shredded beef, leftover stir-fried cauli-rice from yesterday, and green beans. Not sure yet what for carb - probably 2 slices chia rye bread with butter (which is what I had yesterday).
  #2217   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-19, 05:16

Breakfast cm the same as yesterday - I don't mind repeats (clearly) on meals. 1 wedge of a cm spinach cheese casserole with 1 cm Jones brand breakfast patty. 2 oz. half and half with my coffee.

lunch will be 2 cm hot dogs (one if I can behave) with a package of Kashmir spinach.

rm will be leftover slow cooker beef with a cm veggie, 2 slices toast with butter for dessert. 1-2 oz. half and half with my coffee.
  #2218   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-19, 08:25

Breakfast today was lunch for breakfast - 2 cm hot dogs, 1 sautéed mushroom, 1.5 oz. half and half with my coffee.

DH is home from an overseas business trip, so happy to have him back!

Not sure what I will have for lunch - possibly just a Tasty Bites Kashmir spinach.

rm - plan is for some nachos - heavy on the ground beef and cheese, unbreaded chicken wings, and probably a small salad.
  #2219   ^
Old Sat, Jan-19-19, 05:45

Thursday went well.

Friday had a doctor's apt., and fasted in case he would be doing blood work. I ended up fasting over 16 hours, then after apt., had a mcdonald's breakfast sandwich minus the bread (one egg, one slice cheese, one sausage patty) and a tall breve latte from starbucks.

no lunch.

rm was sloppy. takeout Chinese - ate half the entrée, half the rice, half of the soup I had gotten, all the Chinese noodles and completed the overcarb with two goodies. Sigh. Pleased I only ate half of the entrée and rice but still.

Preparing for possible power outages here and LOT (for us) of snow. Bought things I can prepare on our little propane fed single burner stove we have for camping or emergencies. CM hot dogs (our garage is so cold, we can use a cooler and the items we know we need can be in there, while we keep fridge closed.), soup (okay for rm), eggs, cheese, tuna, French press coffee.

Last edited by patriciakr : Sat, Jan-19-19 at 05:48. Reason: still can't spell.
  #2220   ^
Old Sat, Jan-19-19, 13:21

Breakfast today - 2 eggs over easy with 1 sautéed mushroom, slice of cheese melted atop, 2 oz. half and half.

lunch - 2 cm hot dogs with tasty bites Kashmir spinach. Big lunch but the "voice" was whispering. I won, imo.

rm - planned to be rest of the hot and sour soup, the second half of the cashew chicken and rice from yesterday. 1 slice pie. Yep, not a balanced rm.