Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Australia / New Zealand
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Wed, Oct-19-05, 09:31
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 215/205/140 Female 170cm
BF:
Progress: 13%

Sorry everyone, I've got my journal/diary thingie all ready to go on my own thread and am very excited about receiving feedback. Trouble is, I can't work out how to START a thread!! I've tried the Next Thread next to Previous Threads above at the bottom of the page, the New Posts at the top of the page, and I'm not sure what to try next. Sorry to sound like a dill. Help please ? Catdog
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Wed, Oct-19-05, 13:49

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 198/136/127 Female 174cm
BF:42%/19%/10%
Progress: 87%

Catdog> u have to go back into the main menu for the australian/nz threads and up the top is a button that says new thread.

Morning to everyone, not much to report on at this end. Had a tiny splurge last night with a glass of wine, BBQ chicken and a few chips - not too many to put me over my daily limit of carbs though Havent weighed myself in a couple of days so am looking forward to doing so this morning. Hope u are all well.
  #63   ^
Old Wed, Oct-19-05, 16:19
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdog
Sorry everyone, I've got my journal/diary thingie all ready to go on my own thread and am very excited about receiving feedback. Trouble is, I can't work out how to START a thread!! I've tried the Next Thread next to Previous Threads above at the bottom of the page, the New Posts at the top of the page, and I'm not sure what to try next. Sorry to sound like a dill. Help please ? Catdog

Hi Catdog,

To start your journal, go to the Journals section (click here to go straight there) and start a New Thread.

Cheers,

Roz
  #64   ^
Old Thu, Oct-20-05, 14:41
Registered Member

BF:
Default Journal underway

Thank you so much Roz, I got there! Phew.
  #65   ^
Old Thu, Oct-20-05, 17:02

Plan: The Power of Protien
Stats: 171/163/143 Female 170cm
BF:35%
Progress: 29%

Hi All,

I am up to week 3 of this WOE, and have started to lose my appetite. I understand that I should be eating a lot of the high protien foods etc, however I don't feel like eating much at all. i have dieted a lot over the past ten years and I know it is not good to skip meals etc so does anyone have any suggestions for me? I want to do this right, because I really want to keep the weight off this time.
I am going to start a journal on Monday, however so you know I go to the gym 4 days a week and used to be ravenous after a workout, now I have no appetite at all and have trouble climbing up stairs.
Help, I think I am doing something wrong.
Lola
  #66   ^
Old Thu, Oct-20-05, 21:23

Oops! Appetite just returned with an awful vengance! After almost 3 weeks eating no more than 15g carbs/day, I have just had deep fried calamari & salad! The thought was to take the crumbs off, but I couldn't bring myself to do it and now I feel like the last 3 weeks have been a waste. Would this have been enough to throw me off fat burning? I don't want to start over.
  #67   ^
Old Fri, Oct-21-05, 21:39
Registered Member

BF:
Default Don't fret, do sweat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola123
Oops! Appetite just returned with an awful vengance! After almost 3 weeks eating no more than 15g carbs/day, I have just had deep fried calamari & salad! The thought was to take the crumbs off, but I couldn't bring myself to do it and now I feel like the last 3 weeks have been a waste. Would this have been enough to throw me off fat burning? I don't want to start over.

Hi Lola, catdog here. I'm fairly new to this too, but boy could I relate to the post where you said you had NO energy/appetite - my experience too. I look forward to someone more knowledgeable than me giving their opinion.
I think the best way to check if you're fat burning is the Ketostix from the chemist - needs to have changed colour as an indication, but some people say not to fret over the 'stix. For me, it's a reassuring indicator even though I don't seem to be using up body fat, I guess I must be and perhaps am replacing it with muscle as I too am going to the gym four times a week like yourself. No more cooking the calamari with crumbs on it if you can;t take them off!! I think it means your wheat/carb addiction has been fed again, and perhaps like smoking, youre not making it any easier for yourself. Who know though, perhaps it will be just a glitch, not a hitch. Exercise those crumbs off, I reckon!! Sometimes the guilt attached to a glitch is painful, let it free girl! And go to the gym, have a good workout and start a new day! That';#### feeling anyway. Cheers and good luck. catdog. (I've just started a journal. Rosebud and Malcolm are both great help, with lots of practice wisdom.) Catdog
  #68   ^
Old Fri, Oct-21-05, 21:48
Registered Member

BF:
Default Hi Rosebud, could you possibly visit me next week at my new journal??

Hi Rosebud, thanks for the link. Malcolm has given me some advice and if you would visit me next week at my new journal (thanks to your link ), when I have had a chance to put into practice what he has suggested, I'd really appreciate it. I don't think I've been eating enough to sustain the increase in exercise and might be in that starvation, keep all the weight you can mode. We'll see, over the next week. Thanks for the help. All the best to you. Catdog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud
Hi Catdog,

To start your journal, go to the Journals section (click here to go straight there) and start a New Thread.

Cheers,

Roz
  #69   ^
Old Sun, Oct-23-05, 22:16

Default journal

Hi All

Just thought I would let you know, like Catdog, i have taken your advice and started a journal.
Feel free to visit and comment.
Am feeling much better today (appetite and energy restored) and someone at work just asked me 'Have you lost weight' which has now made me feel a million dollars!!

Catdog, thanks for your comments, it is great to know someone out there is going through the same things as me and feeling the same way. I appreciate your assistance and hope I in turn can support you!

Anyway, back to it!
Lola
  #70   ^
Old Sun, Oct-23-05, 22:29

Plan: VLC
Stats: 240/145/150 Female 69 inches
BF: 21%, HT: 69"
Progress: 106%

I, too, got a compliment at work on Friday. Until then, I didn't think it was too noticeable that I had lost weight. Well, I can tell you...I sure was walking on cloud 9 the rest of the day!!!
  #71   ^
Old Sat, Nov-19-05, 17:47

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 198/136/127 Female 174cm
BF:42%/19%/10%
Progress: 87%

morning all,
thought i would try and revive this thread hope that everyone is doing well. My stall seems to be shifting, in the past 3 weeks I have lost another 3kgs. Am very happy with that as it felt like i was stuck on 76kgs for ever. Now I am 3kgs away from my goal of 70kgs. Still thinking of reducing that goal to 65kgs - I am 174cms. What do u all think?

talk soon