Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Jan-31-10, 11:51

Plan: Insulin Resistance Diet
Stats: 283/162/165 Female 5ft6
BF:
Progress: 103%

I began this thread once upon a time. I will try to update the starter thread when I have a chance to provide more information. I've come and gone with this eating plan. I'm back on now, and I just feel so much better when I eat this way. It really makes me wonder why I don't keep it up. It really is quite easy to follow, I feel better, and it lets me eat the foods I really like. I've been back op for several days, and I've lost several lbs. I just wish there was a more active following/thread for this plan....sigh
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Jan-31-10, 13:40

BF:

I just realized that I actually started this thread a year and one week ago. I have lost weight since that time and kept it off, but nowhere near as much as I could have or should have. Hopefully in another year, I won't be moaning about what I could have, should have, would have...
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Feb-01-10, 17:36

Plan: Weight Watchers/S Beach
Stats: 201/195.8/135 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 8%

OK Deborah, would you want to do this with me? I am having trouble with my blood sugar. I "do" weight watchers" but then again "I don't". I seem to try things but then don't follow through with them. BUT I seem to do better with a low carb diet. Since you were trying to revise this thread, I'm looking for someone to do things with too. I'm in if you are!
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Feb-01-10, 17:43

BF:

Yes Rebecca! That would be GREAT! I would love to have someone to share this with. AND I really will need ideas for new/different things to eat. Thank you!!
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Feb-04-10, 18:17

BF:

Shout out for Rebecca! I need an IRD buddy!
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Apr-07-10, 02:24

Plan: CD
Stats: 192/140/140 Female 5ft 5ins
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Deborah,

I've just been reading this book as I believe I am insulin sensitive and sometimes food can be a roller coaster ride for me. i'm looking for weight-loss particularly as i lost my weight on Cambridge diet over a year go and have maintained very well but I want to get to a place that is much calmer with food and I like the idea of this plan very much. Not starting it proper just yet I have a hen do this weekend and then my sister's wedding on the 16th and i am using cambridge shakes and LC eating until then but it would be great to have somewhere to come to chat about the IR plan when i start.

Have you had good results on the plan?

Lesley
  #22   ^
Old Sat, Apr-24-10, 00:28

Plan: SemiVegetarian Lower Carb
Stats: 335/323/150 Female 67 inches
BF:73%/73%/30%
Progress: 6%

so is anyone still doing this diet? My dr just recommended it to me. I ordered the book online today, so any info I have is what I have searched online. I would love to have a active IRD thread to talk back and forth on and share what is working and what is not..... it is always nice to have a diet buddy that is on the same diet!
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Jul-09-10, 03:36

Plan: Low Glycemic Index
Stats: 345/345/180 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:don't know
Progress: 0%

Ok, this thread interests me so I'm going to respond. I have been diagnosed as insulin resistant, and Dr. told me to start eating Low GI, but I'd be very interested in reading the book to see if it has any good tips, ideas, etc.
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Jul-13-10, 11:21

Plan: SemiVegetarian Lower Carb
Stats: 335/323/150 Female 67 inches
BF:73%/73%/30%
Progress: 6%

I really like the book, it shows you how to balance meals and I really like that veggies are free foods and not regulated so you can have as many veggies as you like in your meals (great for a vegetarian like me!).
  #25   ^
Old Sat, Apr-02-11, 21:20

Stats: 295.2/281.6/200 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%

Is anyone still around? I was recently diagnosed with PCOS and insulin resistance and am doing the IR diet. So far, so good. I'd love to chat/support each other.
  #26   ^
Old Wed, Apr-06-11, 13:56

Plan: my own
Stats: 176/161/135 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Interested in finding other people doing IR Diet

I started the IR diet about a year ago after I was diagnosed with Insulin Resistance. I have tried various degrees of carb intake over the last year and I am considering starting the IR diet again. I can't seem to follow a low enough carb diet to make something like Atkins work for me. I just end up eating too much fat. I've been trying to find the right balance on my own by just tracking what I eat and taking note of how I feel and if I'm losing weight.
  #27   ^
Old Sun, Apr-17-11, 14:45
Registered Member

Plan: The Metabolism Miracle
Stats: 194/194/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:

I was on The Insulin Resistance Diet, then Weight Watchers, but switched over to The Metabolism Miracle. There is more science backing it, and this plan just made good sense to me.

Are you aware that the co author of the book Cheryle Hart, lost her medical license due to patient complaints of misdiagnosis and other matters? You might google that for more information. It's on the net. I really feel badly for Mary Kay, her dietician who is really the brains behind the diet. I felt she got sucked up into a horrible situation through no fault of her own.

Anyway, I wish you much luck with the IR Diet. It is funny that for a diet so popular, there are no forums for it. But then again, the plan I'm on, The Metabolism Miracle, doesn't seem that popular with the forums either! Go figure. At least we're here being proactive about our weight!
  #28   ^
Old Fri, Apr-29-11, 10:43

Plan: 8hr window "IF"
Stats: 155/128/125 Female 68.5
BF:
Progress: 90%

Could someone describe the premise of this diet, in a nutshell? Thanks!
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Jul-19-11, 09:24

Stats: 168/168/135 Female 5"7'
BF:
Default Insulin Resistance

I've done the insulin resistance diet - it was approximately 5 years ago. I was very successful at it - lost 38 lbs and kept them off for 3 years!!!

I've recent'y put on weight due to some medical issues and the doctor wants me to lose 30 lbs. SO - broke out the Insulin Resistance book and will be starting that diet today!

The hardest thing for me to give up is beer! I love having a beer with my family when watching a sporting event! There's no such thing as a "low-carb" beer - they claim to be but......

So I just keep chugging along.

Hope to lose those 30 lbs in the next couple of months and then keep them off.
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Jul-20-11, 09:21
Registered Member

Stats: 148/148/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Default Can't seem to stay on this one.

I did this diet for a while several years ago, and I lost weight. But I cannot seem to stay on it and I think it is because of having to think about the balancing all the time. I still instinctively eat protein more for snacks than carbs, but evidently something is not working for me since I weigh now more than I ever have without being pregnant! I tend to go off and eat "typical american diet" and then, bam! Weight gain. I love to cook for my family and with 3 teens, that sometimes means cooking things like spaghetti, mac and cheese, etc. and two of my kids do not eat red meat, one of them is a total vegetarian, so I struggle with what to cook that everyone can eat.

Last night my H and I just both said we are tired of being overweight!!! He has been saying for a while now that he wants to lose weight, and I finally realized last night that I am starting to look pregnant! (and i'm almost 52!).. my hormones have been wreaking havoc on me lately. So, today we both are starting LC way of eating. I am not going to do Insulin Resistance diet because I really just want to really cut WAAAAY down on carbs for a while and see if I can get some of this weight off. Maybe after I lose about 20 pounds I will then go back to the IR diet.. since it makes sense, but I just need to not have carbs in my mouth right now.