Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#76   ^
Old Thu, Mar-17-11, 16:55

Plan: hcg
Stats: 180/154.0/139 Female 5 7'
BF:
Progress: 63%

Welcome Joy. We're here to support each other so we can reach our goals. Stress seems to be a common factor when it comes to putting the weight back on. Hopefully we can all help one another get past those moments of weakness and stay on track.
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Thu, Mar-17-11, 16:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 325/239/240 Male 6'5''
BF:
Progress: 101%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleygirl
Welcome Joy. We're here to support each other so we can reach our goals. Stress seems to be a common factor when it comes to putting the weight back on. Hopefully we can all help one another get past those moments of weakness and stay on track.

Yes, stress does seem like to be the number one factor. From now on even if I am stress I won't have much to munch on since I'm not allowing any junk food/bread into my home anymore. LOL
  #78   ^
Old Thu, Mar-17-11, 17:45

BF:

Justin, I need to do that. Does your family support you?? I wish I could get mine on board. So far I've been strong but the junk food that surrounds me is crazy. Do you do the shopping?
  #79   ^
Old Thu, Mar-17-11, 17:58

BF:

Quote:
Justin, I need to do that. Does your family support you?? I wish I could get mine on board. So far I've been strong but the junk food that surrounds me is crazy. Do you do the shopping?

Yes and not just my close family, my entire family is supporting me now. As for the shopping I try to do it myself, if not I just simply ignore the junk food. The other day when the family was eating mcdonald's that was truly a test for me. Sure I as mumbling in the corner with my salad but I survived. LOL

Kelley, one quick question about exercising. When you get sore from working out do you continue through the pain or take a break?
  #80   ^
Old Thu, Mar-17-11, 18:56

Plan: atkins/hcg
Stats: 228/162/135 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 71%

Quote:

Thanks! And my go to stress relievers are mashed potatoes and chicken pot pies and beer - sad I know but it really helps numb the pain and stress - I need to change my thinking and realize that I need to take care of me so I am around to care for my family.
  #81   ^
Old Thu, Mar-17-11, 19:10

BF:

Justin, it's funny you asked. Normally I stop but today I didn't. I was doing the rotating stair case and my leg was burning really bad. The person next to me was talking and I thought it would be rude to stop so I just kept going. The amazing thing was the burning stoped and I was able to do another 15 minutes.

I know I'm getting stronger which helps me with my scale issues.
  #82   ^
Old Thu, Mar-17-11, 19:14

BF:

Joy, that's my issue with wine. It has a beautiful numbing feeling. I drink wine and all the pain....stress goes away. Until the morning when I feel like crap for lossing control.
Just thinking Justin, is that how you dealt with your sickness?? Not the wine but sugar in general??? I'd like to hear more about it if that OK.

I had yummy cornbeef and cabage tonight. After all it's St. Pattys day!
  #83   ^
Old Thu, Mar-17-11, 19:40

BF:

Quote:
Joy, that's my issue with wine. It has a beautiful numbing feeling. I drink wine and all the pain....stress goes away. Until the morning when I feel like crap for lossing control.
Just thinking Justin, is that how you dealt with your sickness?? Not the wine but sugar in general??? I'd like to hear more about it if that OK.

I had yummy cornbeef and cabage tonight. After all it's St. Pattys day!

Actually being a former alcoholic I stay away from booze. No, I don't think sugar was that much of an issue, my health wasn't that good and I just kept gaining weight. I gained almost 70lbs in 5 years, but man would I eat, eat, eat. I guess I was eating out of boredom? If that's even possible.

Now instead of turning to alcohol or food I just think about happy thoughts. LOL
  #84   ^
Old Thu, Mar-17-11, 19:49

BF:

Justin, I'm going to try that myself. I think there is eating to feed your hunger and eating to feed your emotions. I do both. Plus, I guess I have to admit at least to myself wine is an issue.

Justin, I wish you many happy thoughts. Did that just sound like a fortune cookie LOL
  #85   ^
Old Thu, Mar-17-11, 20:19

BF:

Quote:
Justin, I'm going to try that myself. I think there is eating to feed your hunger and eating to feed your emotions. I do both. Plus, I guess I have to admit at least to myself wine is an issue.

Justin, I wish you many happy thoughts. Did that just sound like a fortune cookie LOL

Yes it did, but very helpful and inspiring. You won't believe that I'm baking another one of those low carb cheesecakes. LOL As long as I keep shedding pounds I don't care.

I read that some people cheat once a week or once a month so that they don't fall off the wagon, what do you think of that?
  #86   ^
Old Fri, Mar-18-11, 06:26

BF:

I'm pretty frustrated right now. The scale is still up. I'm aftraid to cheat because then it's going to skyrocket. It's been two weeks and I've been patient. I should have lost by now. I'm going to the book store to see if I can find the older Atkins book.

I can already hear you Startinova, "get off the scale". I'm going to give it one more week. I pledge to stick to the plan, not to get on the scale until Next Friday. Friday I will weigh in. If I don't loose then I'm going to have to go back to starvation dieting.

Re-reading your post Justin, maybe the question was do I take a break if my muscles are sore from the previous days workout??? I try and do cardio everyday and switch from upper body to lower body so that the muscles can heal. I'm getting to the gym about 4 times a week.
  #87   ^
Old Fri, Mar-18-11, 06:40

BF:

Ok, I was just wondering since I've been exercising everyday and I just fell exhausted. I'll slack down a bit until I get in better shape. I've been going on the scale everyday this week religiously and I have to tell myself I should weigh myself only once a week.

Maybe it's something you're eating or drinking that's making you stall, are you drinking wine? Eating dairy? Ext. Some have reported stalls while drinking/eating certain things.
  #88   ^
Old Fri, Mar-18-11, 06:42

BF:

Quote:
I'm pretty frustrated right now. The scale is still up.

Don't feel frustrated, I'm sure it'll be okay.
  #89   ^
Old Fri, Mar-18-11, 07:12

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 185/173/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 34%

Hi, I just posted this in your other thread, I am gonna repost it here. Hoping you got room for one more

Quote:
Hi guys, my name is Tanya and I am not quiet starting over......but kind of in the middle. Got room for one more in you group? I lost over 100 pound about 5 years ago and gained about 30 back. Done with induction and on to the next phase. I am avoiding the scale, so not sure how much I have lost, but it feels like 10 to 15 pounds in almost 4 weeks. So it's working. My clothes fit so much better. And I have all sizes from 12 down to 6. Let's do this.....for good this time.
  #90   ^
Old Fri, Mar-18-11, 07:44

BF:

Justin, are you excercising your entire body everyday? Is it just cardio or are you doing resistance? You may need a break to let your muscles heel.

I can't figure it out. I was told it could be dairy, nuts, wine but I have not had those. I'm sticking to meet, eggs, lettuce. There's nothing there that should have sugar. I tried to use the MyPlan but it's not user friendly. It took me twenty minutes to find a darn burger with out the bun. Seems like a staple item on Atkins.

Welcome Tanya! Sounds like you're off to a good start.
Closed Thread