Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Turtle Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-09, 10:49
Registered Member

Plan: a blend of what works
Stats: 211/198/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 14%

I can understand how you feel. Last time my hubby and I did LC, he lost 11 pounds the first week and I lost 1.

He even asked me if *I* was cheating! This man who was into the nuts and cheese and dairy and tomato juice like there was no tomorrow, despite my chiding him that that many carbs weren't allowed on induction.

And he continued to lose 10 times as much as me. It was soooooo discouraging. But eventually I began to lose weight. But that's why I came to the turtles forum-----I lose so slowly. Looks like a great place for me!

Hang in there, it MAY be that it's easier for you (and me) to keep it off after.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Feb-05-09, 09:02

Plan: Atkins / M&E
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiaKaha
Doing great!!! To get more weight off I had to start 'high fatting' - recording my eating every day and sticking to about 20 carbs + eating 80% fat. !

I've also discovered through trial and error that I needed to add fat in. When I remember to really make a point of finding extra fat my weight drops - slowly, but it drops. When I don't get enough fat, even if my carbs stay below 20 a day, my weight won't budge.

It's just HARD for me for some reason to remember that I need to eat something with more fat than I would normally think to. I'm a huge carnivore, always have enjoyed meat, but I have to make a real point of buying the high fat cuts in order to keep me in enough fat.

This past week I was shopping at Aldi's and bought the cheapest bacon they had - "assuming" it would probably be the highest fat content. Seemed logical, but when I went to cook it I was dismayed to discover it was probably the LOWEST fat bacon I'd ever purchased in my life!! Barely even left any oil in the bottom of the pan after cooking the whole package! Sigh.... so much for assuming!