Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Mon, Sep-18-17, 05:07

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

DE so glad you guys had a great vacay. I hear ya on people wanting to eat out alot on vacay, they just go hand in hand kinda...I get it
DH retiring, so cool? Do you having definite moving plans yet or are ya just gonna let him retired and take your time on what your next move might be? just curious

HI Bernie! Yea the crazy colors out there are wild, but like Jo said to me, it is only hair! so at least she ain't going crazy some other way HAHA Her little hair stunts are mild compared to other things lol

JO, wow 6 weeks into school already? We are on week 3 here It is fab you gave him that guitar! It is kind people like you that make the world a better place for sure! I know you made his day and something he will always remember! so cool

HI ALL
nothing much happening.
kiddo off to school and then I am off to moms.
weather kinda icky, cloudy and starts off cold in the morning then hits into hot summer and it is pants and jacket and then shorts and Ts....I that the dual weather days!

fab day all
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Tue, Sep-19-17, 03:38
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Smile Tuesday, 19 September 2017

Happy Tuesday, WARRIORS!

Wishing each of you a totally terrific Tuesday in every single way possible!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Same ole song ♫ ♪ and dance here, school's going well and kiddos are soaking up the stuff like sponges! All's GREAT in my world!

Carb-Free Food for Thought:

"OFF-PLAN eating" means deliberately, purposefully doing the complete opposite of what we know we have to do to help us lose the weight (or keep it off) and maintain our good health!
~ by me

Onward and DOWNWARD, WARRIORS! We've GOT THIS! Woot! Woot!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Karen:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
JO, wow 6 weeks into school already? We are on week 3 here
Goes fast, doesn't it? Heck, we'll be at Thanksgiving Break in no time!
Quote:
It is fab you gave him that guitar! It is kind people like you that make the world a better place for sure! I know you made his day and something he will always remember! so cool
awwww shucks, thanks for the kind words... but I'll remember him too, he is such a great kid. I except he'll be über successful in whatever he decides to do!
Quote:
kiddo off to school and then I am off to moms.
Hope you had a nice visit with your mom! Speaking of moms, how's Tony's mom doing these days? I guess she's doing well since you haven't mentioned her...
Quote:
weather kinda icky, cloudy and starts off cold in the morning then hits into hot summer and it is pants and jacket and then shorts and Ts....I that the dual weather days!
Sounds like our weather here... cool low 60s in the early morning then around 90s in the hottest part of the day...but it's usually like that here!

I can't wait for cooler weather all day long!

"Come on Fall, Imma ready for ya!"
  #48   ^
Old Tue, Sep-19-17, 04:39

BF:

so true time flies by JO! Now I blink and it is a new season it seems

MIL is good now. With the gallbladder gone she is having food/bathroom issues she has to work thru. She is not sure what to eat anymore but I guess she will work thru all that.

yea we bounced but up into the 90s now...yesterday was hot as heck in the end, surprised me cause I wore long pants to moms and wish I wore my capris lol

HI ALL
nothing much
have to hit a few stores for a few errands
bleck
have some other usual to get handled....you know, boring life things

great day all
  #49   ^
Old Tue, Sep-19-17, 10:09

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello warriors,

How is everyone doing today?

Didn't get a chance to stop in yesterday crazy DSS had follow up doctors appts. All good in fact the pressure in his eye is down from 36 a year ago to 10!! Awesome news! Today is the Coumadin clinic and then done for week! Yeah me!

Jo.... what an incredible thing to do for your student with your guitar! The goodness will come back ten fold for you!
Karen.... enjoy the day those errand can be time consuming but you feel like you get a lot accomplished!

Have a terrific Tuesday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #50   ^
Old Wed, Sep-20-17, 03:52
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Hump Day, 20 September 2017

Happy Hump Day, WARRIORS!

Hope all is well and wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day as usual!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Wow! Already Wednesday! Where does the time go????!!! I really can't believe how quickly the days fly by!

You would not believe the collective sighs and moans from my kiddos when my alarm goes off to signal the end of my various classes.

I feel the same way they do... wish we had more than 40 mins together! But it is what it is and my new catch phrase this year is: "We ain't got time for that!"

I use it when some "bobble-headed" kiddo is wastin' precious classroom time!

Wednesday is Wally World day... gosh, Karen I feel your pain about shopping... but I only do it once a week to get groceries, most esp leafy green salad stuff since the shelf life on fresh produce is limited!

I choose to live by CHOICE, not by chance.
To make changes, NOT EXCUSES.
To be MOTIVATED, not manipulated.
To be USEFUL, not used.
To EXCEL, not compete.
I choose SELF-ESTEEM, not self-pity.
I choose to listen to my INNER VOICE, not the random opinion of others.
Don't worry about what others THINK.
Nowadays people don't use their brain very often.

~ Larry Brennan

Karen:
Quote:
so true time flies by JO! Now I blink and it is a new season it seems
Yeppers!
Quote:
MIL is good now. With the gallbladder gone she is having food/bathroom issues she has to work thru. She is not sure what to eat anymore but I guess she will work thru all that.
So good to hear that your MIL is good now.

Weird that she's having bathroom/food issues with her gallbladder gone... I never experienced that but then everyone is different!

It could be due to the medications she's on etc according to the research I googled... so hopefully those things will be a non-issue soon enough!

Here's one of the sources I found: Digestive Problems after Gallbladder Surgery
Quote:
yea we bounced but up into the 90s now...yesterday was hot as heck in the end, surprised me cause I wore long pants to moms and wish I wore my capris lol
Same here! We start off in the morning needing a light sweater then later in the day it's flirting in the 90s!

I wear a sweater at school everyday b/c of our AC! Not complainin' one iota b/c I'd rather be on the cooler side than too hot!

Berni:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Didn't get a chance to stop in yesterday crazy DSS had follow up doctors appts. All good in fact the pressure in his eye is down from 36 a year ago to 10!! Awesome news! Today is the Coumadin clinic and then done for week! Yeah me!
Wow that is excellent news about your DSS! Coumadin clinic? He's on blood thinners? Wow, I had no idea... I had a blood clot about 20 years ago, was on coumadin for like a year, with monthly blood tests etc...what a pain in the azz! But Imma clot-free!!!
Quote:
Jo.... what an incredible thing to do for your student with your guitar! The goodness will come back ten fold for you!
Awww what a wonderful thing to say... I really HOPE it doesn't come back to bite me on the AZZ, apparently his mom put it on Facebook... and one of my non-guitar students told me about it... You know we AIN'T suppose to play favorites etc... <insert "Heavy Sigh" emoji here!>
Quote:
Have a terrific Tuesday warriors and take care of yourself!
Mine really was terrific, thanks! Hope yours was the same!

De: Hiya girlie! Hope you're doing well!

Last edited by Just Jo : Wed, Sep-20-17 at 03:54. Reason: Option M: More to say of course! HA!
  #51   ^
Old Thu, Sep-21-17, 03:28

BF:

Hello dear warriors,

Jo... DSS will be on warfarin for rest of his life. They say the stroke in his right eye was from a blood clot! So far all doctors appts this week have been good news!

Karen.... Glad to here MIL is doing better. Sorry to hear she is having trouble with the effects of no gallbladder! Forgot to ask did you close the pool down! We are in the 90's every day this week! About 30 degrees above normal! With the hurricanes earthquakes and unusual temperatures I think the conclusion that global warming or something is happening!

Have a terrific Thursday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #52   ^
Old Thu, Sep-21-17, 04:54
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Thursday, 21 September 2017

Happy Friday Eve, WARRIORS!

Wishing each of you a totally terrific Thursday in every single way possible!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Same ole song and dance here... last day of school for the kiddos until Tuesday... PTC for the next 2 days. Always great fun to meet the 'rents!

“We can’t CONTROL everything that happens to us, but we can CONTROL how we respond to things we can’t CONTROL.”
~ Avis J. Williams

Berni:
Quote:
Jo... DSS will be on warfarin for rest of his life. They say the stroke in his right eye was from a blood clot! So far all doctors appts this week have been good news!
That makes sense that he'll take it for life. So good to hear that all the dr apps have been good news!
Quote:
Have a terrific Thursday warriors and take care of yourself!
Thanks and you too, dear Berni!
  #53   ^
Old Thu, Sep-21-17, 05:12

BF:

HI ALL
this is a quickie
massive sinus headache, last night up around 3 for pills, throbber and eye pressure, and this morning up at 5:30 for more pills!
Swimmy head, eyes hurt, nose clogged and more.
storms around, cloudy etc. and I am feeling the storm pressure for sure!
ugh
gonna be a long day!

but great day to everyone who isn't in sinus trouble mess LOL
  #54   ^
Old Fri, Sep-22-17, 05:47
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Friday, 22 September 2017

I'll get our thread rollin' this fine Friday morning...

Happy Friday, WARRIORS!

Hope all is with each of you well and wishing you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day as usual!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

I am NOT a product of my circumstance.
I am a product of my DECISIONS!

~ Stephen Covey

Karen:
Quote:
HI ALL
this is a quickie
massive sinus headache, last night up around 3 for pills, throbber and eye pressure, and this morning up at 5:30 for more pills!
Swimmy head, eyes hurt, nose clogged and more.
storms around, cloudy etc. and I am feeling the storm pressure for sure!
ugh
gonna be a long day!

but great day to everyone who isn't in sinus trouble mess LOL
So sorry to hear about your sinus headache! Hope you're feeling much improved today!
  #55   ^
Old Fri, Sep-22-17, 08:57

BF:

Hello dear warriors,

Karen... feel better! Take care of you! I am definitely getting something too! Not the weekend for it I have bday parties Saturday and Sunday! Well worse case make an appearance drop off gift and head home!

Jo.... Happy first day of fall! It will be 95 here today in the Midwest and high 80's all next week! Hey I take it just got to get over this bug. Going to be just taking lots of liquids.

Have a fantastic Friday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #56   ^
Old Sat, Sep-23-17, 06:25
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Saturday, 23 September 2017

Happy Saturday, WARRIORS!

Wishing everyone a totally spectacular day in every single way possible. Find time this w/e to just chil-lax and take care of yourselves!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Yesterday's Parent Teacher Conferences were a huge success! Only one parent didn't show up. Our district wants 100% parent attendance and we usually get that every single year! Will see how well PTC goes on Monday.

I like meeting the parents! Sometimes, my class is the only one where their student is successful.

Gosh, I can hardly believe that we're gonna start week 7 next week and that will also wraps up September in a big fat ribbon. OMG! Time's a flying for sure and before we know it, it will be November!

Week after next is 5 days of instruction, then we're off for Columbus Day Holiday, so a 4 day week...

One of my friends is getting married 21 October in another town, so Imma taking the following Monday off. Will be my first "sick day" since school started!

As far as my WOL: Eating and exercise-wise are a non-issue. I truly have not had any cravings/temptations to eat off plan in so long... Hope I didn't just jinx myself! And I love the way my body feels when I exercise, so no complaints there either!

I truly am living my S.E.A.L motto every single blessed day!
Stay Committed 100%
Eat Properly & Exercise Daily
Accept the things I cannot Control & Change the things I can.
Live my life to be Successful at following this incredible life & soul changing LC WOE every day without Excuses & No CHEATS ever!

My journey to better HEALTH continues...

If we keep DOING what we're DOING, we're going to keep GETTING what we're GETTING.
~ Stephen Covey

Berni:
Quote:
Jo.... Happy first day of fall! It will be 95 here today in the Midwest and high 80's all next week!
1st Day of Fall? Really, I wasn't even aware!

Sounds like the same temps we're having next week! Maybe that's why I was unaware that it was already FALL b/c that doesn't seem like "Fall" temps to me!

Actually, we really don't start feelin' the cold until mid-late October.
Quote:
I am definitely getting something too! Not the weekend for it I have bday parties Saturday and Sunday! Well worse case make an appearance drop off gift and head home!
Quote:
Going to be just taking lots of liquids.
Sorry to hear that you're coming down with something too! Hope it's nothing but it sounds like you've got a plan just in case to take care of you!

Get better, my friend!

De: Hope you're doing well! Just come in to post even if it's the same ole song and dance!

Karen:
Hope you're feeling better!
  #57   ^
Old Sat, Sep-23-17, 07:37

BF:

Bernie hope you don't get something and it bypasses you
Mine is sinus from pressure and things and I know what triggers it so it 'really isn't sick' but it takes me down a peg or 2 LOL

JO, yea time is flying...no doubt on that and it amazes me to no end....enjoy that wedding!! Nothing wrong with taking that 'sick day'

I am a non issue eater now also. AND IT IS FREEing to no end but I still must put work into it. I crave so much less but still have to fight off the evil mind games some days, but in general, from what I WAS...I will take this any day of the week being A72 meat eater LOL

HI ALL
my wallet is alot thinner, hubby got his truck. Not 'too bad' and I say that with a sarcastic sick feeling with what prices are today!! 65K truck down to 55K so we got it and he is in hog heaven for sure of course. VERY long day at dealership about 2 hrs away....and road construction and 5 pm friday work time home...what a friggin' mess but since he had the new truck he didn't even bat an eye at the traffic.....me, drove me insane

AND my car took a hit. I washed my computer key in the wash in my capri pants. geez...$240 for new re-set keys with it. The horn started immediately and won't stop and hubby had to finally disconnect the battery. what a pain! In shop now, can't get it cause he is working and using our backup farm truck right now. Hubby is SO pushing me for new vehicle. I saw a few, not bad in the 20s...so thinking but I just got burned in the wallet, can I do it again? omg ya know lol

head still weird. better but still in a weirdo pressure zone. can't think kinda and it annoys me alot. just waiting for it to LEAVE and believe me I know when it breaks and I am on the mend, not yet tho.
  #58   ^
Old Sun, Sep-24-17, 03:16

BF:

Hello dear warriors,

Bday party 🎉 turned out to be a lot of fun spent many hours swimming and catching up with cousins! They did have a delish leafy green salad and grilled chik breast! I was set and got a to go bag for today! Still feeling really tired but definitely better but going to skip today event and chill.

Jo.... parent teacher conferences were a great way to meet the teacher and get a different perspective on my little darlings!
Karen... congrats on your new truck! You did a great deal and will have many adventures years hauling and seeing the country!
De.... Hello and hope everything is going well!

Have a spectacular Sunday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #59   ^
Old Sun, Sep-24-17, 05:01
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Sunday, 24 September 2017

Happy Last Day of September, WARRIORS!

Hope all is well and wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day as usual!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Same ole song dance on this fine Sunday morning. As usual, did my PPWs before my brain had time to properly engage to protest!

Have several more things to take care of on my dreaded w/e "to-do" list but they won't take me long and I can then just chil-lax, read and knit!

Finally finished knitting afghan # 8 since I started making 'em again this summer to replenish my "gifts" supply (6 baby afghans & 2 regular size)!

Baby Afghan in "Aran"

It's 40 in W x 41 in L. The pattern is a 4x10 & 6x10 Cable. Imma done with afghans for the time being.

I will start replenishing my baby sweaters stock. I like playing around with different cable stitch patterns to decorate the front of the sweater; which really engages my creative side.

Here's an example I made several years ago & gave away to one of the teachers who was expecting her first bouncing baby boy:

They're a lot of fun to make and knit up pretty quickly since they are knitted in the round from top to bottom and take less than 4 oz of yarn to create! I that for sure!

Listen with the intent to UNDERSTAND, not the intent to REPLY.
~ Stephen Covey

Karen:
Quote:
JO, yea time is flying...no doubt on that and it amazes me to no end....enjoy that wedding!! Nothing wrong with taking that 'sick day'
Nope nothing wrong with that at all!
Quote:
I am a non issue eater now also. AND IT IS FREEing to no end but I still must put work into it. I crave so much less but still have to fight off the evil mind games some days, but in general, from what I WAS...I will take this any day of the week being A72 meat eater LOL
I can truly appreciate that you have to fight off the evil mind games some days! B/c without a doubt, living with carb eaters isn't easy b/c I did that too before the ex BF and I broke up... but it's do-able! B/c eating any other way ISN'T!
Quote:
my wallet is alot thinner, hubby got his truck. Not 'too bad' and I say that with a sarcastic sick feeling with what prices are today!! 65K truck down to 55K so we got it and he is in hog heaven for sure of course. VERY long day at dealership about 2 hrs away....and road construction and 5 pm friday work time home...what a friggin' mess but since he had the new truck he didn't even bat an eye at the traffic.....me, drove me insane
WOW! What a deal you guys got on the new truck! Congrats on being the proud owner of a new truck!

Yeah, I bet Tony wasn't complainin' about the traffic, he was on cloud 9 sitting pretty in his new truck! Hey, what color is it, what is it???

Yeah, I know exactly how you feel b/c I feel the same way when I have to spend the $$$$... Did you finance it or buy it out right? I bought my 2006 Mustang with zero interest as well as my 2014 F-150 ~ but I could've paid cash for both. Decided to at least make a lil' extra money aka interest on the $$$ in the bank and went with the zero interest financing!

Then when I traded in my F-150 for my 2017 Fusion, I only had to pay the taxes!

Quote:
AND my car took a hit. I washed my computer key in the wash in my capri pants. geez...$240 for new re-set keys with it. The horn started immediately and won't stop and hubby had to finally disconnect the battery. what a pain! In shop now, can't get it cause he is working and using our backup farm truck right now. Hubby is SO pushing me for new vehicle. I saw a few, not bad in the 20s...so thinking but I just got burned in the wallet, can I do it again? omg ya know lol
Holy Mother of Pearls, $240 to get a new e-key for your CAR? Wow, nothing is cheap on these new electronic fandangled vehicles these days!!

So what are you driving now and what does Tony want you to buy??
Quote:
head still weird. better but still in a weirdo pressure zone. can't think kinda and it annoys me alot. just waiting for it to LEAVE and believe me I know when it breaks and I am on the mend, not yet tho.
Sorry to hear your head is still weird!

Wonder if it's the change of pressure or change of season??? Hope you feel better sooner rather than later!

Berni:
Quote:
Imma doing great, hope you are doing the same!
Quote:
Bday party 🎉 turned out to be a lot of fun spent many hours swimming and catching up with cousins! They did have a delish leafy green salad and grilled chik breast! I was set and got a to go bag for today! Still feeling really tired but definitely better but going to skip today event and chill.
How lovely that you got to eat LC all the way at the B'day party! But knowing you, you wouldn't have eaten any other way!

Sounds like you had a super terrific time with your cousins and the swimming! Nice that you got to take home a "doggie bag" of food for today!
Quote:
Jo.... parent teacher conferences were a great way to meet the teacher and get a different perspective on my little darlings!
Exactly! And we can appreciate why their lil' darlings are the way they are... some of 'em don't fall far from the tree if you know what I mean!
Quote:
Have a spectacular Sunday warriors and take care of yourself!
Thanks and I hope you do too as well as find time to just chil-lax and recover completely from whatever is trying to keep you down, dear Berni!

De: How ya doing, girlie??? Hope you and the fam are well! Sure miss you when you don't post!
  #60   ^
Old Sun, Sep-24-17, 06:12

BF:

Bernie glad you had a blast!! Sounds like a very fun time. I hear you on chilling and relaxing today to get your tired under control. We sure need total down days doing nothing sometimes!

Jo, the little sweater and hat is SO cute LOL I bet you have fun making those knowing the little ones are gonna be warm in them...sweet!

We paid cash for it. We paid cash on this one cause I decided to save for it a long time and I don't want a darn monthly payment at all. We haven't had car payments in many many years and I didn't want one now LOL

3500 Ram Dodge Mega Cab with 6.7 Diesel in Maximum Steel color. Thing is a brute lol but rides so darn nice, like a friggin' luxury car. Has it all, backup cameras, navigation in it, and every other bell and whistle so at this point his is technology updated in his car. HA

I can't believe 240 for the keys either. They have to reprogram the entire thing or something and it 'doesn't take long' but ya pay for it!! UGH

I have a 2006 Mitsubishi Endeaver SUV with 107K miles and now I am looking at a Nissan Pathfinder. He keeps saying at 107 I should think now about getting a new one and I want to just keep the old but lately it is making 'a noise' and he is saying if we trade now we will get at least 3-4K for it....yea nothing, I checked but if it has to have work done (and he is worried big work is coming?), that is money into it and then it still won't be worth more....blah blah blah and he is pushing me into a new vehicle situation. We shall see tho. I will start to look around and if the 'big deal' is out there I might do it.

DE hope you are ok and doing fine!!

well off to get the day moving...everyone have a fun Sunday!