Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 12:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 132/126.7/118
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default IBS ATkins Diet evaluation-please

Hello. I have Crohn's disease, and started on Atkins about 4 weeks ago. I was in remission and symptom free until about 6 weeks ago, when I started having IBS type symptoms. Assuming it was from the major amount of fruit and veggies I was eating, I researched this Atkins diet and decided to try it. AFter about a week, I started having trouble again, even worse. I have read all the links that Kent has on here and realize that I need to change what I am eating. I want to stay on low carb, because I love how it makes you feel, but don't want to aggravate the symptoms and start the beast again. I don't think yeast is an issue per se, and scored 185 on crooks quiz. I got the gist of what to eat from the research, but I am not sure about some things and wondered if anyone can help? I will just list foods, and if there are any that send up red flags, I would appreciate being told. Thx! Also some suggestions of what to eat? Snacks?

Things I don't want to give upif I can get by with them:
Tea (2 teabags a night after drinking 5 liters of water in day)
Sweet N Low (2 packs for the tea, occasionally in smoothie)
Mayonaisse (tuna/bacon/etc)
ATkins muffins/bread (no more than 6 servings a week total)
Frozen strawberries ( about 4 every other day)
Canteloupe(twice a week, .75 cup each time)
Deli Chicken (SAra Lee Oven Roasted)

Things I know I have to give up:
DEcaf tea
salads!!!!
raw veggies
most fruit
pasta, potatoes. etc

Things I am eating/thinking of eating, not sure about:
pork rinds
tuna
spaghetti squash
salami(less than one carb per serving)
canadian maple ham (less than 1 carb per serving)
bacon (less than one carb per 2 slices)
canned green beans (same as snap??)
low carb tortillas
Atkins bake mix
Wheat gluten
Soy flour
omega 3 basic (blend of flax, omega 3/omega 6)
hamburgers
pickles
olives
keto products
keto shakes

Thats all I can think of for now- I know that alot of these things are addressed in the research, but with money very tight and a family who is not lo carbing, I want to get by with as few changes as I can. Others were sort of grey areas that I wasn't sure about. I know there are better choices for some of them, but if I can eat the ones I have listed, it would be better for me, financially. Thanks in advance for taking the time to help me- I want this to work, but have my limits to what I can do/change.

Nannie
Sponsored Links