Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > PCOS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, May-19-06, 04:40

Plan: 11
Stats: 11/11/11 Female 11
BF:
Progress:
Unhappy diane35 or metformin?

hi
im 21.. i weigh 54kgs.. and i recently was diagnoised with PCOS.. but u know what i dont think half the doctors know how to diagnose a patient with it.. this is my history i started getting facial hair so i went to a dermatologist for laser treatment about 4 yrs ago... he got me tested for the usual hormones and eveything came out negative he also told me to get an ultrasound but i didnt get one at that time.. i started gettin dark thick hair around my nipples between my chest area then below the belly button and even around my anus opening.. i also noticed the skin in my underarms region and groin region had gotten considerably dark( embarrasing dark).. i had to stop the laser treatment in the middle but recently i began again and this time the doctor put me on METFORMIN.. till now i had no idea there was anything wrong with me.. but then i researched metformin and i thought oh my god! what if i have PCOS.. i went to a gynocologist who by just looking at the facial hair said i had PCOS! what the hell! its that simple to just say yeah uve got this horrid disease! anyway she got me tested for the hormones LH/FSH but everything came out normal AGAIN.. then i got the ultrasound but that was a downer since it turns out i do have cysts in my ovaries.. but i read online that many normal women have it too.. maybe its denial or could this just be a case of increased body hair and nothing else! the more i read the more there seems to be wrong with me the darkening of skin means i have aconthosis nigricans too ! and insulin resistence! but im not overweight and i never have been.. i dont know what to make of all of this..on top of that the gynocologist said i should stop with the metformin and started me on DIANE 35.. so which one is better guys?? and if the darkening means insulin resistence then dont u think metformin was better?? i told the gyn bout the hyperpigmentation but she could have cared less.. so should i go to another doctor a gyno or a dermatologist? i need help ppl!
Sponsored Links