Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-15-05, 23:50
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 155/125/117 Female 5'5''
BF:
Progress: 79%
Default shhh keep it a secret it's cindy crawford's atkins diet!

http://www.cindy.com/keeping/diet.php

I used to eat EAS advant edge bars all of the time... I have been eating Atkins bars instead lately. I think now I'll switch back to EAS bars after seeing this!!!

Anyhow...
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Aug-16-05, 01:05

Stats: 198/198/121.2 Female 5"1
BF:
Progress: 0%

I'll check it out..
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-16-05, 04:22

Plan: Atkins, Now Medical Weigh
Stats: 217/206.4/170 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 23%

I've never tried these. I'll buy one and and have it around for a food emergency.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Aug-16-05, 06:46

Stats: 198/198/121.2 Female 5"1
BF:

I don't think we have those around. But there's a lot of LC products over here.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Aug-16-05, 07:16

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

I avoid low carb shakes or bars. I try to keep my diet from becoming a diet but there have been times when I do eat them. I have had some emergencies such as insulin spikes or a plane trip that where passengers are served high carb meals. My weight has been rising a little so I might use them to help control my appetite for a while.

Yippee to Cindy Crawford!!!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Aug-16-05, 08:42

Plan: Paleoish/Keto
Stats: 225/167/175 Male 71.5 inches
BF:18%
Progress: 116%

There is a reason that Cindy uses the EAS products. She is paid to do so.
Quote:
she also maintains her relationship as a spokesperson for EAS Health and Sports Products.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Aug-16-05, 08:46
Registered Member

Stats: 205/185/145 Female 5ft 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%

I like hearing of beautiful celebs doing low-carb (like Jennifer Aniston) they do make good inspirations for me to keep going.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Aug-16-05, 12:27

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 336/289.8/250 Male 6'1"
BF:
Progress: 54%

Atkins company is going out of bussiness for a reason
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Aug-16-05, 12:52

Plan: Mod Atkins
Stats: 170/162/110 Female 5 ft
BF:
Progress: 13%

Jessica Simpson also does Low carb too that how she got her Daisy Duke body & of course with work outs too. But alot of the famous celibrities LC because it works.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Aug-16-05, 12:55
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiemk
Jessica Simpson also does Low carb too that how she got her Daisy Duke body & of course with work outs too. But alot of the famous celibrities LC because it works.

That is awesome! Though I don't need a celeb to prove to me it works. I can see it on this board!! It is just nice to see "role models" going through what we all are going through.
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Aug-17-05, 00:25
Registered Member

Stats: 155/125/117 Female 5'5''
BF:
Progress: 79%
Default hmmm

i buy atkins bars and eat them constantly. i love and i'm totally into the low carb peanut butter bars... i have been a size 4 for about 3 years now due to the low carb nutrition bars which i use every single day of my waking life. i went from a size 12 to a size 4 and i'm almost a size 2....

i really don't give a flying crap what any of you say about those Atkins bars-- I love them til' the death of me!

I also love EAS bars and all of the lovely low carb ice creams.
I am not putting any restriction on my low carb "frankenfoods" because when I started doing this (and I started doing this from influence from others on this board) I feel like my life is far less fun and enjoyable and I wind up on a cycle of binging and losing...

So I backed off from this board and listened to MYSELF...

I am now 122 and a much much happier 122 than when I was the SAME WEIGHT on a stupid "puritan" induction. I am quite positive I'll get to my goal weight of 117 even with the bars so.... Let's face it I lost all of that weight with the bars....

THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;d

Last edited by last10lbs : Wed, Aug-17-05 at 07:27.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Aug-17-05, 08:53
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 315/219/185 Male 6 foot 2
BF:
Progress: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by last10lbs
i buy atkins bars and eat them constantly. i love and i'm totally into the low carb peanut butter bars... i have been a size 4 for about 3 years now due to the low carb nutrition bars which i use every single day of my waking life. i went from a size 12 to a size 4 and i'm almost a size 2....

i really don't give a flying crap what any of you say about those Atkins bars-- I love them til' the death of me!

I am not putting any restriction on my low carb "frankenfoods" because when I started doing this (and I started doing this from influence from others on this board) I feel like my life is far less fun and enjoyable and I wind up on a cycle of binging and losing...

I am now 122 and a much much happier 122 than when I was the SAME WEIGHT on a stupid "puritan" induction. I am quite positive I'll get to my goal weight of 117 even with the bars so.... Let's face it I lost all of that weight with the bars....

I lost over 100 lbs using the products when I was in a pinch. I too was turned off to the negative attitude on this forum regarding the bars.
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Aug-17-05, 09:25
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by last10lbs

I think what others on the board need to realize is that everyone is different. What works for one may not work for another. That is awesome that you stepped away from the peer pressure to discover your own formula that worked for you.

As with everything in life, this diet is completely customizable for everyone. Just so people are using the basics (low carb) then I don't see why someone can't have say peanuts on induction or whatever.

Keep on keeping on and congrats on your weightloss!!
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Aug-17-05, 14:35

Stats: 310/259/180 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 39%

Her Daisy Duke body is missing something...her butt...
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Aug-17-05, 14:57

Plan: Atkins, keto
Stats: 230/230/150 Female 67.5"
BF:

I never thought any of the bars tasted good. They all had a rubbery texture or something. It would be nice if I could find one I could eat in emergencies.