Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Feb-09-14, 09:37
Triple digit loss

Plan: Dr. Bernstien
Stats: 352/206.8/175 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 82%

Hey Judy!

Yeah I hear you on time line... And see it can be detramental, if one is not careful. Definately, will keep that thought in the back of my head as I work on it. So it doesn't become that way.

But I do need timelines, now they can get adjusted. But I have to see the finish line to keep my motivation going. Otherwise, it honestly doesn't work for me. Especially when I am having to combat Ravenous hunger.

It is easier for me to trick my body into ignoring the hunger by saying "8 more months that is it"! Then to say "hang in there eventually I can address this hunger issue".

I think now next time if I run into a stall. I will then again take a break from calorie counting to deal with the hunger and attempt to maintain. And then go back to calorie counting after 4-6 weeks.

The hunger honestly, is the worst part about this. Everything I have researched is that estrogen is stored in the fat. So I had/have high levels of estrogen. And when I started to loose weight that shifted. Thus the progestrone being produce has to come back into balance with the more fat I loose.

And the proof I have to this is my periods/PMS has done an adjustment with weight loss. Which in many ways I am grateful for cause i was having PMS the whole 10 days before my period. Then my period for 7 days and then I only get about 5-7 days off of feeling normal before my cycle started again.

Unfortunately, I might be having symptoms of pre menopause whether it temp because of the weight loss or starting officially I dn't know. But my period cycle all my life was 28 days. It is now 22-24 days. has shorted quit a bit and the bleeding has gotten real bad.

Leptin/Grehlin hunger hormones (also craving hormones for PMS) can be impacted by estrogen/progesterone cycle. Carbs and protein can curb the leptin/grehlin hormones from what i read, so far. So I need to figure something out.

BTW, Vitamin D. from things I read online can impact hormones levels balancing and working properly. And one of those hormones is insulin.

I have a book on the gut, I need to find time to read it.
Sponsored Links