Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, May-25-03, 04:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 144/144/120 Female 5feet 4inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Excited

I am excited to have found this sugar buster plan. I was ready to make a switch from Atkins but was very unsure about which direction to go. Not any more, this was exactly what I had in mind. I have been reading alot of these posts and have gone to the sugar buster site. I'm going to hang on with Atkins one more week then gradually I will begin to incorporate some of the foods allowed in sugar busters. I have done well with atkins but am ready to settle into what will be my eating plan for the rest of my life! I love that I will be able to eat some form of bread again.

My questions are: Am I right in believing that anything I ate during atkins is also legal for sugar busters? I have grown fond of Atkins shakes occasionally as a meal replacement, also like the idea of using real butter not some chemical spread.

My other question is about beans, which are we allowed?

I hope to get to know some of you doing sugar busters! I can use all the support I can get!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-26-03, 17:00

Plan: Sugarbusters
Stats: 215/155/145 Male 66"
BF:
Progress: 86%

I eat some refried beans, kidney beans. Jardines makes a black bean dip which is really good. I eat it on whole wheat crackers, or occasionally on tortillas.
It is also about moderation.
The biggest 2 changes for me are avoiding sugar and refined flour. I eat some things that they say to avoid (like bananas) but I run a lot so it isn;t a problem. I'll even have the occasional potato, slice of pizza, or cookie, especially after a 15-20 mile run.