Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, May-09-03, 10:27
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Schwarzbein Newbie

Hello fellow Schwarzbeiners:

I just thought I'd introduce myself since I've just switched over to the SPII program - Insulin Sensitive with Burned Out Adrenal Glands. I really don't need to get tested b/c my symptoms are so obvious. I think my ability to do cardio will be a good gauge on how well I'm progressing with my adrenal glands. But I will probably at some point get the saliva test done through my doctor as I start to heal so I know when I can move onto the next phase.

This has been a process now for 2 years, trying to regain my health. It's a bit of a long story, but I'm very happy to be at this point with Schwarzbein. I started healing my adrenals 2 years ago, so I've been following Schwarzbein philosophy during this time. I intially followed a candida diet that my doctor put me on, but began having troubles with hypoglycemia. That led me to Atkins which eventually led me to Schwarzbein.

I am pretty much following SPII to the letter. No processed foods (except allowable ones), no stimulants, organic foods, at least 5 servings of veggies/day... I don't think I can eat anymore healthier than what she recommends.

I'm almost at the daily carb recommendations since I've had to slowly introduce more carbs after doing LC.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and see how many others are doing the same program that I'm doing. I've finally let go of the burning desire to lose the weight I gained and I'm putting my trust in Dr. S. That was a scarey process coming to this point. So I'm no longer focusing on losing weight, but getting healthier.

Any comments about my menus or suggestions about what I'm doing would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-09-03, 12:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/162.5/140 Female 5' 5 1/2"
BF:no clue
Progress: 63%

Wanda, Welcome to Schwarzbein. I'm glad you've switched from Atkins, I was on that for little too but it was too low carb for me.

Keep your focus on getting healthy!

Piano
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-09-03, 17:37
Mad Scientist

BF:

Thanks for the welcome Piano. Yes, you are right. Keep the focus on getting healthy. The rest takes care if itself.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 02:42

Plan: IRD/SCHWARZBEIN
Stats: 159/157/129
BF:
Progress: 7%

Hi Wanda and welcome on board (well actually I'm pretty new here too )

Yesterday I checked out your profil, then decided to have a look at your journal, and finally ended by reading it all! Well I'm not done with it yet because it's so long that I would have taken the whole weekend to read it from A to Z!! lol

Man, needless to say that, after reading the very first page and then, I was impressed by your strenght and your positive attitude. Way to go!

Can't wait to keep on reading your journal
  #5   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 13:29

Plan: Schwarzbein II, BA, IS
Stats: 125.4/119.2/115 Female 5'1" small frame
BF:33% /??? / 20%?
Progress: 60%

You'll still visit us, right Wanda???

Jinx
  #6   ^
Old Tue, May-13-03, 15:09
Mad Scientist

BF:

Hi Juju:

Glad to meet you. Yep, my journal is definately a work in progress!

MsJinx, of course I can't forget you guys. In fact, Recipe of the Month is still a go. You'll be seeing lots of me. In fact, you might live to regret it!

Wanda
  #7   ^
Old Wed, May-14-03, 06:29
Registered Member

Plan: Schwartzbein Principle
Stats: 175/157/140
BF:Happily ignorant!
Progress: 51%
Default Welcome!

Welcome Wanda!

I started reading your journal and got hooked! I have to go back and catch up but I'm so glad you're here with us!

I am also not focusing so much on losing weight as getting healthier. I'm 46 and was having some scary perimenopausal symptoms, and everything I read not including TSP seems to point to a low carb diet and avoiding the refined carbs.

Hope to get to know you better!

Rose