Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Wed, Jul-08-09, 11:33

Plan: Lowcarb paleo/HCG
Stats: 334/319/170 Female 63.5 inches
BF:54%
Progress: 9%

I'm restarting, again, and TDC is the place for me! I have 150 lbs to lose until I can start to feel healthy (200 if you go by charts - I'm not even glancing at a chart right now).

If I don't take care of my body, I'm going to die an early death, so it's time for me to do this, for good.

I know when I stay active on lowcarber forums, even just reading (I'm not so good at the whole posting thing), that it's easier to stay committed to my healthy eating.
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Fri, Jul-24-09, 11:54

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

Hello everyone! I'm restarting again, after about ten half-hearted attempts. I was on the forum years ago, BEFORE the TDC club, so it's new to me and I'd like to join in.

I have 100 pounds to lose, if not 120. I've set my first goal at 50 pounds to lose, for a psychological reason That goal weight is the weight I'd maintained for much of my adult life. About 15 years ago I started to gain very quickly. I want to lose that 15 years (and all that went with it!)
  #78   ^
Old Sat, Aug-29-09, 21:50

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 330/277/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default I'm new here

Hi....I'm new here. My name is Sharon. I'm just starting low carb, again. I did well on it once before but wasn't on very long and went off to have birthday cake. Haven't been able to get back on and have gained almost 100 more lbs. I guess I have almost 200 lbs to lose now (at least 150).

I'll be coming back often for support because I really need to stick to this to lose weight and feel better each day. It seems as though the more carbs I eat the worse I feel.

Sharon
  #79   ^
Old Sun, Aug-30-09, 15:15
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 315/307/200 Female 70
BF:44.0
Progress: 7%
Talking

Hi Sharon! Welcome! I'm in a similar predicament to yours. It would be great to swap meal plans with someone.
  #80   ^
Old Sun, Sep-27-09, 01:48
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins +some Schwarzbein
Stats: 303/303/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Howdy, I'm new to the site ... not knowing where to start except at square one. And doing a LOT of reading other peoples' posts and replies. I'm hovering at 300 lbs. right now, though my top weight at one time (few years ago) was 350 (I think -- I had stopped weighing myself). I bought the Atkins and Schwarzbeing books off amazing and am waiting for them to arrive, it could be a week or so. In the meantime, I wonder what I should/could start doing before then?

Any thoughts?

P.S. I *abhor* vegetables. This ain't gonna be easy, I know. Anybody else with tips about how to make veggies more palatable, please, please, please let me know!
  #81   ^
Old Sun, Sep-27-09, 05:14

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/162/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 73%

Trueviolet, there are folks who eat meat only, and live perfectly healthy lives. See threads referring to Paleo. Or start a NEW thread of your own that seeks advice along these lines.

For that matter, all those of you who said "Hello" on this thread would receive a proper welcome by starting a new thread of your own.

Best wishes.
  #82   ^
Old Fri, Oct-30-09, 07:04

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 282/266.2/174 Female 66 inches
BF:

Hello, You and I have the same starting weight! I am down to 252 and heading in the right direction! I have been back on track for the last month and have lost 21 lbs in a month. Keep coming in for support. We can all do it together!
  #83   ^
Old Sat, Nov-07-09, 18:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 308/278/220 Male 5 feet 9 inches
BF:
Progress: 34%

Wow! What a great post kyrasdad! Loved reading it. Now someone tell me how I join this group. Either here or facebook. I'm Reggie Brooks
  #84   ^
Old Sat, Nov-07-09, 18:50

Stats: 308/278/220 Male 5 feet 9 inches
BF:
Progress: 34%
Default just like you

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazLaJauna
Hello, You and I have the same starting weight! I am down to 252 and heading in the right direction! I have been back on track for the last month and have lost 21 lbs in a month. Keep coming in for support. We can all do it together!

Hi, I'm Reggie Brooks from Rockford IL and I just love what you said and I so need to do what you're doing. What you said in your post(we can all do it together), is nothing but LOVE! So I want to be just like you! Real talk!
  #85   ^
Old Sat, Nov-07-09, 20:55

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wegotdis
Hi, I'm Reggie Brooks from Rockford IL and I just love what you said and I so need to do what you're doing. What you said in your post(we can all do it together), is nothing but LOVE! So I want to be just like you! Real talk!

Hi Reggie. Yeah, we *can* do this, and right here is a great place for help and support.
  #86   ^
Old Sat, Nov-07-09, 21:15
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wegotdis
Wow! What a great post kyrasdad! Loved reading it. Now someone tell me how I join this group. Either here or facebook. I'm Reggie Brooks

Hey Reggie!
You've already joined us, just by being here and posting.
Keep coming back and keep reading...each day you'll find new things on this site as its huge.

Consider starting your own journal here.
  #87   ^
Old Wed, Dec-02-09, 11:08
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 225/210/144 Female 64"
BF:tall and latino
Progress: 19%
Default thanks

hey i really thank you for this little note , i have been on atkins for 23 days now and i have dropped 12 lbs , i was feeling a little down today wondering if i should eat something with some carbs , some people say that you need to carb up once in awhile to lose more weight .hearing about everyone else's big losses kind of made me feel like i was doing something wrong but you are right being fat is hellish, your right if you join in the community it will help you . thank you and God bless you. you changed my day
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrasdad
Some of us have been around this place for years. Every January, we see the an influx of people who make a post, start a journal, post menu's, join discussions -- and then drop out of sight.

I'm here to tell you that if you let it, this place can be of enormous help on your journey. If you use its resources and community, it will be more helpful to you than you could ever imagine. I think this is partly because obese people like me tend to want community. There are things we need to say that we can't say much of anywhere else. There are discussions we need to have that a person half our size has no way to empathize with. We like to talk about these issues with people who are facing them, not with people who cannot fathom why we just don't "eat less, move more."

You can vent here, especially in TDC, to people who have walked a mile in your shoes. You don't have to explain to them the fear of humiliation when you want to sit in a folding chair, but are afraid to. When I began, I found it to be one of the most cathartic things I have ever done. For me, these were discussions that I couldn't or wouldn't have in person.

That's not to say this ought to be a "woe is me" whine center. It is also a way to help make yourself accountable. Talk about what you have done and why. I loathe to change my weight up, when I backslide, but I do it. I somehow feel accountable to the others here when I fail. That is a good thing. This place is not good just for cathartic discussion and accountability, it's good for victory celebrations and congratulations.

I recommend a journal. I don't update mine daily anymore, but for the first year or so I was here, that was my crutch and my source of strength. It helped me hash out an understanding of my state of thought when I was much fatter, and how I got to be that way. That is self-discovery worth doing.

It is also extremely good place for information. Read the Media & Discussions area. There are some extremely sharp people who can break down the latest study to help you understand why foods or diet react certain ways. If you want to know more about the metabolic reason you got fat (and you should) then that is invaluable. I'm not scientific, but I can follow it the way some of our fellow members here explain it.

As a guy, I never was much interested in cooking. I didn't know beyond some very basics how to cook anything that I couldn't grill. If you think about it, investing the time to learn to cook can also make this thing work for you. Food is a vital piece of life and food really needs to occupy part of your time and creativity if you really plan to succeed.

Finally, my biggest piece of advice is that you should find a guiding principle to what you are doing and why. My first was that I was doing this so I could be a better father. But that wasn't true. It was something I needed to do for me, so I could live longer, be healthier, and enjoy life better. Those things let me be a better father. But this belongs to me, not my girl. It wasn't fair to project that on her. If you project it onto someone else, or some extrenal thing, I think you will fail. It has to be for you.

My guiding principle is that life as a fat person is the hardest thing I've ever done. I didn't realize how hard it was until I lost a lot of weight. It is much harder than sticking to any way of eating. So that has been my guideline, when I want to stray. I know how hard it is sometimes to pass up certain foods. But I also know how hellishly hard life was at 350 pounds.

This thing is hard. You have to be willing to learn about nutrition, about food, about yourself, about cooking, about some self-denial.

But it ain't nothing compared to being fat.

Good luck in your efforts. Most of you, like most dieters, will not be able to make the jump. Most diets, even low carb ones, fail. That's just reality. I don't say that from arrogance, being 60 pounds overweight myself. The jury is still out on me. But at least it hasn't come back with a conviction yet, and that's all I can ask.

Now, get yourself in the game.
  #88   ^
Old Wed, Jan-13-10, 19:00

Stats: 458/429/199 Male 6 feet
BF:
Progress: 11%

I am here too-- read to stay around. Il ove the encouragement.
  #89   ^
Old Thu, Apr-08-10, 21:03

Plan: post-Pregnancy LC
Stats: 287/283.6/180 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 3%

Hi -

I'm restarting...again. Any advice for super slooooooow losers?

M
  #90   ^
Old Fri, Apr-09-10, 11:26

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 282/266.2/174 Female 66 inches
BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrise
Hi -

I'm restarting...again. Any advice for super slooooooow losers?

M

The best advice I can give you whether you are a fast or a slow loser is to not think of this as a weight loss method but as a new way to eat for the rest of your life. You just happen to be in the phase that you need to monitor what you put in your mouth to see if you have any adverse reactions. Write down every bite that you put into your mouth. Write down every mornings weigh-ins, good, bad or even then do a weekly average of the numbers. Take your measurements! This will be your best indicator of your success. And come here every day and share your fears, frustrations and victories! We are with you until you get to goal and beyond!