Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#211   ^
Old Fri, Jun-10-11, 06:54

Plan: low carb HCG
Stats: 200/159/150 Female 5 5
BF:YES it is!!
Progress: 82%

I am still Zumbaing!!! I go to a class once or twice a week with my daughter in law. Our instructor has come a long way, better songs and better routines. Last night I left drenched AND LOVIN IT! I didnt think it was possible for your legs to sweat, not just the theighs but the calvs too. The church we use has Bible school next week so no classes. I am going to "visit" a different one.
cnmLisa: love the "skirt". We all wear belly dancing skirts. I think it helps you get more movement in the hips. One of our songs/routines is belly dancing inspired and so much fun.
We start doing toning in about 2 weeks. I have my toning sticks ready!!

Tammie
Sponsored Links
  #212   ^
Old Thu, Jun-16-11, 21:09

Plan: modified atkins
Stats: 184.0/141.5/152.0 Female 66.25 inches
BF:35%/???/???
Progress: 133%

Tonight I had a Zumba gold follow by Zumba (1 hour 15 minutes total) I wore one of the wrist HRM thingys. I had to enter my age and just have it do my pulse rate occationally ( I tried that once a song) and guess how many calories it said I burned in that time......

I am not sure of the accuratcy of the sportline HRM watch but is said right at 1500, actually 1525. I am going to have a student wear it sometime in the next coupld of weeks and see what kind of reading she gets. I did give it my all tonight to see how high a number I could get. I don't have any students that go at it a strong as I did tonight. I had a blast.
  #213   ^
Old Mon, Jun-20-11, 15:22
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 191.9/184.0/160 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 25%

Hello ladies!

Reading this makes me want to Zumba right now!

I have the DVDs at home and can follow most of the steps but not all, is it easier to follow in a class?

I want to go to a class but don't want to look like Phoebe in that episode of Friends where the girls join a dance class. Ha ha, have to see it.
  #214   ^
Old Tue, Jun-21-11, 06:22

Hi Cowboys GF. Just do it! Every Zumba teacher is different. They each bring themself to the class. Some are harder then others, some are more dancy, some of more fitnessy. All are suppose to use 70% international music and 30% anything else. Try a class, if it doesn't suit you try a different class.

Have fun with Zumba!
  #215   ^
Old Tue, Jun-21-11, 07:24

Plan: low carb HCG
Stats: 200/159/150 Female 5 5
BF:YES it is!!
Progress: 82%

We started "toning" last night. First half hour was regular stuff we have been doing and the last half hour was all new using our toning sticks. It was fun. I will like it better when I know the routines better. I thought I would be sore this morning but I am not. I guess I didnt overdo it.
I am on a mission to loose 15 more pounds before I go to the beach in September. I know this is SOOOO doable! I have more than 2 full months. I am going to try to go to 2 classes a week and start getting up early and get back to doing my dvd's at home (20 min express and flat abbs) in the mornings before work.
CowboysGF....I got started with the dvd's at home. I was petrified to go to a class but am so glad I did. The class is nothing like doing it at home by yourself to a dvd. My class is pretty large, 50 - 100 GIRLS! We have a blast. Age ranges from 8-10 year olds to "very mature". Everybody just goes at their own pace. I see people barely moving and then those like me jumping around like we have ants in our pants. You make it your own and do what you are comfortable with. My class isnt too techinal but it sure is a great workout. I leave covered in sweat and feeling great. I think I would rather go to a Zumba class than any anything. Try it, I promise you will love it. If you dont, try another class. They are all different. I visited another class one week when my regular instructor was out sick and they did more footwork/dance steps that I just couldnt pick up on quickly so I dint enjoy it as much (but still got a good workout).

Tammie (Zumbaholic!)
  #216   ^
Old Tue, Jul-05-11, 12:40

How is Zumba going for y'all?!
  #217   ^
Old Sun, Jul-24-11, 13:06

Plan: Arthur DeVany
Stats: 217/195/164 Female 180cm
BF:
Progress: 42%

I javen't been able to go for the last few weeks for one reason or another, really missed it. Back on it this Thursday though, am very excited about it.
  #218   ^
Old Mon, Jul-25-11, 11:36

have fun with it FluffyD
  #219   ^
Old Wed, Aug-24-11, 07:30

Plan: Proteine diet
Stats: 124.1/118/100 Female 148cms
BF:
Progress: 25%

i started with Zumba lessons 1 month ago, i do it once per week as other days i follow other lessons (sh'bam for example ) now i wanted to add a custome exercise on my plan but i do not understand very well about the "Caloric expenditure rate" if in one class burn 550-750 calories what should i put here? Thanks!
  #220   ^
Old Wed, Aug-24-11, 08:52
Every day is day one

Plan: AtkinsMaintenance/IF
Stats: 185/145/155 Female 5'5
BF:

Jeez, I haven't visited forever. somehow my subscription notification got deleted.

Anyhoo....

Still Zumba-ing 2X a week.

Still sad that I don't have anytime to teach, but I've been working with my Zumba co-hort (who is teaching about 3-5 classes/week) a few hours on Saturdays on choreography & practice.

Still maintaining right at 140-142.

All the new people that are visiting the thread, WELCOME!

Turkey--how's teaching going???
  #221   ^
Old Wed, Aug-24-11, 13:21

Teaching is going well, thanks for asking! I am helping with a zumbathon in a neigbhoring town in about 3 weeks and tryiing to get music together for it. There will be 4 instructors and if I researched them right, i am the oldest and I have been teaching Zumba the longest. LOL fun fun

I did a zumba gold chair class and I loved it!

My scale isn't moving and on the surface I am accepting it but inside this isn't acceptable.

I am also hoping to get licensed in Gold toning next month if my work schedule works out.
Did you go to convention?
  #222   ^
Old Mon, Dec-05-11, 09:14
Every day is day one

Plan: AtkinsMaintenance/IF
Stats: 185/145/155 Female 5'5
BF:

Haven't checked in on my zumba peeps for quite some time. The big question is how's everybody doing and are you still doing Zumba?

I had to take a bit of a break from Zumba and have not done Zumba for close to 3 months. My last class was September 3---too much Zumba politics (yeah who would have thought it), instructor snottiness, changes in classes.....so I took a break from it all.

I started back last week--my first class in 3 months last Wed. Let me tell you..."Body by Zumba" is not just a throw-away phrase. After class the next day--I was SORE--arms, back, abs, waist, ass, thighs--ME!!! The hardcore Zumba queen! I was always a believer of Body by Zumba but HOLY MOLY...after re-starting what an ephinany! Now that things have settled in my zumba community I'll be back to a 2-3 times a week schedule. I measured before I restarted (and yes I did get thicker in my waist and butt on my 3 month hiatus) I'll measure once a month now and see how long it takes for those measurements to whittle back down.

All you Zumba queens stop by and let me know how you're doing.

Lisa
  #223   ^
Old Thu, Dec-15-11, 10:10

Plan: I read around.
Stats: 165/156/135 Female 167
BF:
Progress:

I have heard a bit about Zumba but haven't given it a go.

Is it possible to add Zumba to a weight training routine? I workout three times per week and looking to add some fun to my exercising.

Thank you.
  #224   ^
Old Thu, Dec-15-11, 12:10

Plan: low carb
Stats: 259/162.4/155 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 93%

Hi all
I'm new to zumba
started about a month and a half ago and LOVE it!
I go 2 times a week with my daughter (she's 26)

I have a question......
my Wednesday night class is changing into a zumba toning class (so with weights)
I was wondering if anyone has done the weight class and what you thought of it?

Thanks
Leann
  #225   ^
Old Fri, Dec-16-11, 07:58

Leann,
You don't have to use the weights if that is what you having questions about.

I got licensed to teach toning in November and I have added a couple of Zumba toning songs to my normal class to test the water and they love them.
Another note the toning sticks are 1 pound each or 2 1/2 pounds each. It's a light weight but will give your muscles something to smile about, give them a try!