Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-04-12, 07:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 199/179.6/165 Female 5'6 1/2
BF:
Progress: 57%
Default Weighing yourself everyday...

Do you really think this is a good idea? I have many flucuations during the week and find that when I step on, and have a gain, I get discouraged! Do you guys weigh everyday?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-04-12, 08:05

Stats: 180/154/130 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 52%

Yes, and it drives me nuts. Right now I don't see much movement on the scale, but I am losing inches. I wish I could just weigh myself once a week and it would save me much distress!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Mar-04-12, 08:36

Stats: 180/169.6/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 35%

I hate weighing myself every day, but I usually do.

I have learned that after I see a nice drop on the scale, I can expect it to go back higher for a day or two. Now if I could just stay off the scales until that little bounce-back is over!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Mar-04-12, 08:57

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 255/250/175 Female 65.5"
BF:Size 22/16-18/10
Progress: 6%

I used too. Sometimes even 2-3 times a day. But I found it frustrating and demotivating and it would sometimes sabotage me mentally. So Now I only weigh once a week and it's a lot less stressful. I talk myself out of weighing each morning and try really hard not to weigh at all on TOM weeks.

I can tell by my clothes if I'm losing. I can pull on and pull off a couple of jeans without unzipping them, my bath towel wraps around me better. My jacket is looser around my hips when I zip it. These are my cues now.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Mar-04-12, 09:30

Plan: Atkins/LC e-meal
Stats: 282.6/234.6/180 Female 69"
BF:41.72/34.64/26.6
Progress: 47%

I weigh myself everyday and record my weight once a week. It has helped me to notice patterns such as lack of sleep and foods that make me stall. I have learned to use the gains to adjust my eating and not get stressed about them (so long as I have losses in the long run )
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Mar-04-12, 11:17

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

I do because the hellers recommend it and doing an average after 7 days to get your current weight. I can be a slow loser and if not for averaging, might not see that I actually did lose 1/2 a lb. in a week..that's enough to keep me going as compared to seeing a swing up one day and thinking I've gained weight!
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Sep-30-12, 18:58
Registered Member

Plan: cad
Stats: 190/184.5/170 Female 5 8"
BF:
Progress: 28%

I weigh daily, but measure by the weekly average. I don't worry about Sunday eating, and then I don't stress about the bump I usually get on Monday or Tuesday...
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Sep-30-12, 23:41

Plan: iDukan, Consolidation
Stats: 174/147/147 Female 5'7"
BF: Goal: < 30%
Progress: 100%

I do weigh daily and I use the Heller's weekly average method. Like Pat said, you can see an overall loss for the week even if it is small. If you weigh once a week, or so, you might weigh on an up day and get discouraged. And if you have a good down day during the week, you'll get to see that, too!
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Oct-01-12, 02:45

Plan: Atkins, sort of
Stats: 184/166/152 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 56%

I weigh myself a few times in a week but not every day. I especially don't if I'm feeling fat. I hate it so much when there's a a gain, however small and however temporary. My best weigh day is Friday.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Oct-01-12, 18:53
Registered Member

Plan: cad
Stats: 190/184.5/170 Female 5 8"
BF:
Progress: 28%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkclouds
I used too. Sometimes even 2-3 times a day. But I found it frustrating and demotivating and it would sometimes sabotage me mentally. So Now I only weigh once a week and it's a lot less stressful. I talk myself out of weighing each morning and try really hard not to weigh at all on TOM weeks.

I can tell by my clothes if I'm losing. I can pull on and pull off a couple of jeans without unzipping them, my bath towel wraps around me better. My jacket is looser around my hips when I zip it. These are my cues now.

I have gotten over weighing during the day. I and DH both step on the scale just before bed, and first thing in the morning. But I only count the morning scale. But it is a routine that helps me, because my weight can't get away unless I allow it.
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Oct-14-12, 08:44

Plan: CALP & Exercise
Stats: 236/129/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 111%

I still hate weighing myself everyday, but I do. When I began following CALP the scale was not an issue because I ignored it. After a few months and after my clothes began getting loser my curiosity got the best of me and I stepped on it for the first time in years. Once I made my first step on the scale, I began stepping on it once a month for record keeping purposes only. After a few years, I began stepping on it daily. I never averaged my weight and after all this time, I am still learning to accept the day to day fluctuations that appear.
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Oct-14-12, 09:12

Plan: Optimal Ketogenic Living
Stats: 214.8/167.4/170 Female 5ft 6in
BF:restart 4/14-215
Progress: 106%

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakaren
I have gotten over weighing during the day. I and DH both step on the scale just before bed, and first thing in the morning. But I only count the morning scale. But it is a routine that helps me, because my weight can't get away unless I allow it.

That's what I do too.