Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-08, 16:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 238.5/154/150 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 95%

I had a busy long weekend ... what about you? I love to garden and it's that time of year to pull out all the annuals and get ready for winter. It's not my favorite job but it sure makes it easier in the Spring. By the time I was finished I'd filled 12 large garbage bags. The yard sure looks bare now. Took me 2 days to do it all. Then I raked up the leaves...and that night a wind came through and blew a whole bunch more from the neighbours yard. I was stiff and sore for a couple of days.

I would have thought that with all that work I would have dropped a pound or so but nooooo. I gained 1.8 instead. It was gone the next day but I just can't figure out why I can't drop below the weight I am now. Everyone says maybe my body likes this weight...well, I don't, so I guess I'll have to keep struggling.

I've been so busy at work trying to get caught up from holidays. Just doesn't seem to be enough time in the day for all that needs to be done. I wonder how I did it when I had 5 kids at home? (in case you're wondering since I told you I had 2 kids...when I remarried, my dh has 2 kids and we had a foster child). Maybe it was a little easier since they all had chores too? I don't know.

Any snow up your way yet? We don't have any, but it's getting to that time of year. I had the stuff...terrifies me to drive in it and the older i get the more scared I get. Just about time I started heading south for winter....I wish!

We went to my ds' for Thanksgiving. It was nice to sit back and have someone else cook dinner. And it was a nice dinner. Turkey was nice and moist. Only problem is that we didn't end up with the leftover. Love cold turkey.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-08, 18:41

Stats: 232.6/207/180 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 49%

Hi Donna, I had a very busy long weekend. I got caught up on a bunch of things around the house. I found it quite difficult in my cast but it really needed to be done. I talked with my Dr. and he suggested I change my goal weight to 180 for now. He is really pleased with my "normal" blood glucose levels and wants me to keep on Atkins. I am having a bit of a problem with losing and gaining two pounds over and over ( I did have one pumpkin tart at Thanksgiving dinner but stayed away from potatoes, stuffing and gravy) so I have decided to go back on Induction and get kick started again. We had a few hours of light snow the other day, but it didn't amount to anything. Old man winter is on its way. Must run for now..keep in touch.. Pam
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-08, 21:51

BF:

Okay, what did I miss....a cast? I know you were going to get your tendon fixed...did you have it done already?

That's great that you found a dr. that believes in Atkins. So many of them think it's a stupid fad diet. Gee, I've been doing it for about 5 years now and it sure hasn't hurt me. Good going on staying away from the high carby stuff at Thanksgiving.

Maybe I should join you on induction. I'd have to get my book out. I think I'm so used to just eating the way I am that I've probably forgotten the induction rules. When are you going to start?
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-08, 22:22

Stats: 232.6/207/180 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 49%

Hi Donna, I saw the Orthopedic surgeon and he says I need major surgery on my left foot. I need a tendron transplant and possibly a bone graft. I am in a cast until I go see him again on Oct 29. We will discuss the plan of action then. Of course he wants me to lose as much weight as possible by then.

I started on Induction today. I just seem to be losing the same two pounds for the last two weeks. I am taking quite a lot of different medications and now with adding a pain mediction to the mix I seemed to be yoyoing. I know it sure won't hurt to go back on Induction and maybe it will help get me to turn the scale around.

I bought the 72 version of Atkins on Ebay so I am going to start reading it. I also have the newest version of his book so I can compare what has changed.

Take care.. Pam
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Oct-16-08, 12:02

BF:

Hi Pam....ouch...that's gotta be a painful surgery. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you. Will you have to wait long for the surgery?

I'll be getting more work done on my leg this monday. I get sclerotherapy done for bad veins. This will be the 4th time I've had it done. It's not too painful but it's annoying not being able to have a bath for 3 days cause it will be all wrapped up in a tensor bandage. Oh, you probably know all about that if you have a cast on! Duh!

Too late for me to start induction today. I had a one minute muffin and a lc yogurt for breakfast. Way too many carbs for an induction day. Maybe I'll start again on Monday. Too many things going on right now. Dh is the president of the Legion in and there is a huge dinner Friday and Saturday night and of course we have to go. I try to stay away from the potatoes and buns and deserts. Sometimes that doesn't leave much on my plate. lol

Have a good day! Talk to you soon.