Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Apr-04-13, 09:52

Plan: Whole Foods Atkins
Stats: 178/168/150 Female 5.5
BF:
Progress: 36%

I also was a chip snacker and went through a couple week period where I craved them. I would microwave about 20 sliced pepperoni's til crispy, pat dry and dip in either sour cream or mashed avocado. Spicy and crunchy. After a couple weeks I got over that phase and very few cravings for that. When I do I eat a dill pickle or some wasabi edamame (that would need to wait til OWL).
Hang in there...you all are heading in the right direction! Start a journal, visit others' and you will find good support along the way!

Welcome!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Apr-05-13, 10:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 187/187/140 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 0%

mzcarbie - thanks for the ideas. I've been snacking on pepperoni but I never thought of microwaving them. Never thought of the cheese dip for pork rinds - sounds good. Induction seems harder this time for me too as far as energy levels go...they are better, but I can tell my body needs a few more carbs during the day.
soapergrl - so far the cravings haven't been horrible - i don't notice them until I sit in front of the TV, but I bought some Werther's Original sugarless candy that's pretty good.
Been eating hard-boiled eggs, cheese, chicken, salad. Made some Teryaki chicken but I find that salsa on top of the chicken tastes better. Down to 178 this morning.
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Apr-05-13, 10:40

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Quote:
Down to 178 this morning.

Want some motivation? Go into User CP, edit profile, and change your current weight! Yippee..great progress
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Apr-06-13, 10:28

BF:

Energy level is low again this morning. Is it common for that to fluctuate for the first few days? I was feeling good 2 days after I started.
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Apr-07-13, 04:17

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Yes....your body is going through "retooling" to fatburning, and with all the weight you have lost in one week, you have lost a lot of water and the electrolytes and minerals with it. Your energy will be low if you do not replenish those.

Very important to watch your salt intake whenever you are under 50g carbs/day. Read this thread, if broth doesn't help, then consider supplements as well.
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...210#post8626210

Your profile isn't clear which Atkins book you have read and the plan you follow....the New Atkins for a New You emphasizes the need for two cups of salty broth/day.
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Apr-08-13, 10:39

Stats: 337/326/150 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 6%

Janet,
You were right on time with the suggestion about the chicken broth. I was feeling a little run down this morning as well. Had some chicken broth and feel so much better now. ;-)

lcanne13 stopping by to check on ya..hope things are going well on the Atkins. Im hitting a few stumps here and there but still pushing forward. Official weigh in date is Fridays for me, but those darn scales try to insist I step on them every morning..smh. Thinking about throwing them out the window. :-)
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Apr-08-13, 20:53

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 240/172/170 Male 5'7"
BF:18
Progress: 97%

[QUOTE=mzcarbie]I just haven't found anything that I can nibble on during the day that will help.

Whole Foods sell "Parmesan Crisps" which are 0 carb crackers, but they are just baked Parmesan Cheese squares..great to snack on or with dips. I think they would be easy to make but I have not tried it.
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Apr-09-13, 09:29

Stats: 337/326/150 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 6%

Heinbear,
Thanks, definitely on my way to get some of those today. I need them like yesterday :-)

Jae
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Apr-09-13, 10:07

BF:

mzcarbie- doing pretty good. Have good energy days and low ones, and some days half the day is low and half is better.
Janet - was at work yesterday and was feeling low so I ate a little salt and felt a little better. Thanks for the tip.
So far I'm still down 8 lbs.
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Apr-30-13, 13:31

BF:

Updating my status, as of today I'm down to 173.4 lbs. Not counting carbs anymore, but just not eating sugar or flour.

I tried to find a 'new post' button and couldn't, so I'm posting here.