Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > LC Parenting & Pregnancy
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, May-14-09, 12:23

Plan: The Stress Eating Cure
Stats: 239.2/225/160 Female 5'6"
BF:48%/45%/33%
Progress: 18%
Default Update

Hi all! Good to see this thread is still active. Well, I just wanted to post an update. I've just entered my 10th week and the nausea has been in full swing for a few weeks now. It has been much worse this time than it was with my 1st. Consequently, the low-carbing has gone out the window. I'm really having trouble finding things to eat and I see that I'm actually losing a few pounds despite the increased carbs. This is quite a change from my first pregnancy when I ate everything, had minimal nausea, and was up 15 lbs by now. I'm trying to get back to low-carbing, I'm just taking it one meal at the time. This morning I made some Oopsie pancakes and sausages. Those were pretty good. The nausea really kicks in by afternoon/evening which causes me to skip dinner or eat very little.
Unfortunately, I've taking up the bad habit of drinking soda (ginger ale) to ease my queasiness. I'm gonna try to wean myself off with some sparkling water mixed with lemons/limes/orange juice. But it's just doesn't hit the spot like the ginger ale does.
How are the rest of the preggos doing?
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, May-14-09, 12:37

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 170/166.5/150 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 18%

At least your in your 10th week, which means you should just about be over the morning sickness!!!

Ooh, I forgot about Oopsie Rolls... Might have to whip out a batch of those this weekend!

I'm doing well. I'm going to be 19 weeks already tomorrow!!! I cannot believe how fast time has been flying by! I have a doctors appointment too. I was *supposed* to find out the gender last week when I had a sonogram at the hospital, but I was informed that they made a new policy that they can no longer disclose the sex of the baby. I was so bummed out! Now I have to wait for my doctor to find time to do it, she's thinking sometime in mid-June. I'm hoping if I give her puppy dog eyes tomorrow, she'll find the time to do it (though I doubt it). I'm up 10 lbs so far, which is right on track, so I'm happy. I've been eating well. I'm not eating super low carb or anything. Lately I've been around 100 net carbs a day, give or take a few, but I'm going to get a little more strict on myself now and keep it lower. Still, most of my carbs are coming from fruit, beans, and the occasional whole grain - so it's not like I'm eating junk. But I want to make sure that after I have the baby I am able to get back on track pretty quickly, instead of craving carbs like crazy.
  #18   ^
Old Thu, May-14-09, 13:45

Plan: Weston A. Price, GFCF
Stats: 165/133/132 Male 5' 5"
BF:?/12.7%/?
Progress: 97%

Lucozade is a British energy drink that contains only glucose, no fructose. It has a little caffeine, but less than most other sodas. I just checked if you can get it in the United States and it looks like you can order it on Amazon.

Ginger is good for nausea. One of the few places in the world where morning sickness is not a problem is Jamaica. Ginger is the national crop and everybody smokes pot!

You can make your own fresh, low-carb, fermented ginger beer pretty simply, though it uses a LOT of ginger. Let me see if I can find the thread:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...460#post7744460